A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

Guest gloriesbarcelona
Leak.it.now.

I can't beleive it hasn't yet!!!

I mean, we even have a pic of the promo cd but not the tracks :confused:??

I can't beleive it hasn't yet!!!

I mean, we even have a pic of the promo cd but not the tracks :confused:??

You have to admit they've done a great job keeping this under wraps!

I've not felt this excited about a madonna track since - i cant remember when! Hope it's all going to be worth the wait !!!

Guest gloriesbarcelona
The 'MADONNA' font is very standard, the names escapes me. Something else would've been better.

The 'Celebration' font is Century Gothic Italic. Love it.

I think it's Futura

Thank you guys!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm not sure about the Futura though

Yes- a writer who has contact with Liz R. was told that the final tracklisting will not be known until "much closer" to therelease date. So, no need for the alarm buttons.

Haven't there been singles that have gone to No. 1 in the Uk with digital sales alone? What did 4M sell in its first couple of weeks of digital sales in the UK?

RE the USA- it doesn't matter all that much. She sells strong out of the gate, regardless, and airplay points, even at their peak, likely would be minimal. So, repression isn't that important here.

^ in the US, 1 or 2 weeks of repression can help... it helps to let the entire nation be aware of the existence of a new song at first...

I mean, usually, the ones that have access to M leaks that happen in the first weeks are the fans that'll buy it in iTunes repressed or not...

The loyal fans plus the casuals that are made aware of CELEBRATION's existence in the 1st or 2nd weeks will have the combined purchase of its download availability in its first week thus having a chance at a higher chart position... sadly WBR doesn't care...

I believe it's the T&T factor that made 4MINUTES a smash even without any repression...

Airplay points is not the focus of repressing the song at downloads, it is more of letting the casuals be made aware of its existence before releasing it for higher first-week sales

Guest bulgar

do the guys at warner realize that once people's anticipation reaches a certain climax then it's bound to go DOWNHILL

leak the freakin song already. enough with the snippets, clips and boring dubs!!!!

^ in the US, 1 or 2 weeks of repression can help... it helps to let the entire nation be aware of the existence of a new song at first...

I mean, usually, the ones that have access to M leaks that happen in the first weeks are the fans that'll buy it in iTunes repressed or not...

The loyal fans plus the casuals that are made aware of CELEBRATION's existence in the 1st or 2nd weeks will have the combined purchase of its download availability in its first week thus having a chance at a higher chart position... sadly WBR doesn't care... I believe it's the T&T factor that made 4MINUTES a smash even without any repression... airplay points is not the focus of repressing the song at downloads, it is more of letting the casuals be made aware of its existence before releasing it for higher first-week sales

I have to agree. There is no doubt in my mind if 4 Minutes just featured Madonna, the song would have not charted so high and probably got all the airplay it did. Then again, it wouldn't be the same song either if neither contributed to the song. In fact, it probably wouldn't have existed.

If I was to be realistic... in the U.S., Madonna doesn't necessarily have the same impact to pull off a #1 on her own anymore. So we can only hope that WBR and Madonna really go all out in getting this song played on radio as well let the general audience know how great a song this is. I personally think this is a great song for U.S. radio. It's just a lot of radio stations play that "age game" time and time again. Many people will recall when they requested previous songs in the past, that radio DJ's acted like they never heard of the song or laughed at the request. I know that was definitely true when "Hung Up" was first released. Radio was so hesitant in playing that song.

I do think "Celebration" could be more appreciated than "Hung Up" on radio. I do feel like this could be a repeat of her "Music" single success. Not sure if it will hit #1 for several weeks, but it could hit #1 if given a chance.

I hope release date in US is AUG, 17th

and Aug, 24th is for the video + remixes

this is ideal for the US... even August 11th (MADONNA doesn't do monday releases unlike MARIAH)...

but then again, WBR is stupid and doesn't care for chart positions...

I just can't imagine US radio playing this - too European, too dancey, too gay (in their opinion). It doesn't tick the box of angry teenage rock group, RnB/Hip Hop or whiney-assed rocklite chick or The Eagles. I agree too that 4M wouldn't have been such a huge success without T&T but that is a problem with the US charts.

Times are changing and online is where it's at. The radio stations will lose market share as kids switch to Spotify and LastFM to hear the songs they want so get on there folks and request them!

I just can't imagine US radio playing this - too European, too dancey, too gay (in their opinion). It doesn't tick the box of angry teenage rock group, RnB/Hip Hop or whiney-assed rocklite chick or The Eagles. I agree too that 4M wouldn't have been such a huge success without T&T but that is a problem with the US charts.

Times are changing and online is where it's at. The radio stations will lose market share as kids switch to Spotify and LastFM to hear the songs they want so get on there folks and request them!

Since I've heard the actual original version, I can say that I'm more on the fence regarding U.S. playing this song. There is a big possibility U.S. radio will get on board with this one. I remember that I doubted that "Music" would gain the success it did in the U.S. But it did!! And seeing they are playing a lot of acts like Lady Ga Ga, it's possible, they will play this if they play it from the music perspective, rather look at it as "she's too old for radio".

That said, I don't even listen to radio anymore. I find new music on the internet. And I simply play my own collection whether I am in the car or at home.

4 Minutes

iTunes history

03/17 radio release

03/25 released on iTunes

03/26 #37

03/27 #3 (Leona #2, Mariah #1)

04/02 #1 (it was more than 3 weeks at #1)

3/17/2008 4.113M AudImps 413 spins

3/18/2008 7.292M AudImps 802 spins

3/19/2008 10.350M AudImp 1246 spins

3/20/2008 13.762M AudImp 1734 spins

3/21/2008 17.341M AudImp 2236 spins

3/22/2008 21.316M AudImp 2825 spins

3/23/2008 24.528M AudImp 3320 spins

3/24/2008 24.657M AudImp 3534 spins

3/31/2008 31.527M AudImp 5159 spins

4/07/2008 39.072M AudImp 6396 spins

I agree 100%

Madonna does NOT need USA radio support, she is BEYOND that.

4 Minutes

iTunes history

03/17 radio release

03/25 released on iTunes

03/26 #37

03/27 #3 (Leona #2, Mariah #1)

04/02 #1 (it was more than 3 weeks at #1)

3/17/2008 4.113M AudImps 413 spins

3/18/2008 7.292M AudImps 802 spins

3/19/2008 10.350M AudImp 1246 spins

3/20/2008 13.762M AudImp 1734 spins

3/21/2008 17.341M AudImp 2236 spins

3/22/2008 21.316M AudImp 2825 spins

3/23/2008 24.528M AudImp 3320 spins

3/24/2008 24.657M AudImp 3534 spins

3/31/2008 31.527M AudImp 5159 spins

4/07/2008 39.072M AudImp 6396 spins

America's top song for more than 3 weeks!

Am I the only one who thinks that the whole "US radio hates Madonna" thing is severely exaggerated? If radio hated her half as much as some people like to believe, her recurrent play would suffer more than it is.

what is everyone going on about now? warners? what? nothings even out yet. relax freakazoids...im going to wind you up!!!

ah, 1983 - fabulous. :thumbsup:

Sounds like a mix of "Candy Shop (intro)" and Janet's "Control"

Guest Danny86
Sounds like a mix of "Candy Shop (intro)" and Janet's "Control"

The melody is very "Control" but the beat was basically copied by Prince in "Housequake". :shock:

Guest dicktracy

Dance music is back in the US. It's just disguised as urban/hip-hop. Disturbia, Don't Stop The Music, The Way I Are, I Gotta Feeling, Fire Burning and many other songs are dance tracks with an urban feel to it. I think that this may actually be the best time to release it. I don't know about a #1 but it will be a hit...

it's a celebration....

body... body... body...

Guest dicktracy
you know what? In US, if it flops, it flops. there's nothing much we can do!

:thumbsup:

btw...

:tigger: WE NEED A CELEBRATION EMOTICON NOW!!! :tigger:

Am I the only one who thinks that the whole "US radio hates Madonna" thing is severely exaggerated? If radio hated her half as much as some people like to believe, her recurrent play would suffer more than it is.

Ask yourself what stations play her music the most? You can bet most of the top 40 popular stations do not play much of her stuff. It's the stations that gear to the older audiences or retro stuff that focus a lot on her "recurrent". In fact, the popular station around here used to (I don't know if they still do it since I don't listen to radio anymore) play 80's music @ the lunch hour. They took requests. I recall at least Madonna played daily on that retro hour.

AC and Hot AC stations are the formats that play recurrent tracks the most (a lot more in general than the pop format)- M does decently there.

She could get decent play at Adult Top 40 with the new single (HU and 4M made the top 20 at the format). Whether "Celebration" can do as well as HU at pop (HU peaked at No. 17 on Mainstream Top 40), remains to be seen- she's four years older now. Rhythmc, fuhgetabout any kind of decent play there; only the dance stations will spin it heavily.

Aren't you assuming that she doesn't like it, though? She has never stated that she has, so the only conclusion that can be reached from those quotes (without any assumption or inference) is that she didn't put it on GHV2 because it was tacked on to Music in many countries, which she regretted.

:manson: Did you even READ my post? AGAIN, I don't CARE what she thinks about it, but if you can't assume one thing you can't AUTOMATICALLY assume the OTHER either. Which you are STILL doing.

wow I love both the album and single covers but I almost wanna say the single cover maybe shoulda been the album cover. :wow::nervous: