New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

WHY are we pissed at Anna?? Isn't she the one who has provided us with info all along?? :confused:

AND she's accurate most of the time.

Madonna fans are the worst. Ungrateful isn't the word.

So only two new tracks? Hmm, better than nothing. Happy to see that it'll be 2 discs. Finally Madonna will have a proper GH.

I'm really glad it's 2 new tracks. That's enough for a GH and means another song won't take up room that could be used for her other hits. Though I do hope "Broken" is used as a b-side or something.

im waiting very impatiently for the new madonna.com

i shouldnt have high hopes, there will prob be nothing new...

I hate to bring this up - but - let's not forget or should I say remember her re-working of (my all-time favorite) "Into The Groove" for GAP and then on the Remixed and Revisited CD and on the ReInvention Tour.

That's better off forgotten. :nocomment::gross:

Guest Pud Whacker
But "I want you" was on Inner City Blues prior to Something to Remember, wasn't it?

yes and no. inner city blues and something to remember were released a month apart. it was basically 3 new songs.

Well, if she were smart and knew how to handle her catalog, there'd be a special 3-disc version released simultaneously including remixes and such. But I kinda doubt that's gonna happen.

Other hits that were left off should be on the bonus 3rd disc. The last thing we need from Madonna is more bloody remixes! :americanlife:

I'd prefer no video over a montage. She's overdone that already!

Yes, it's funny how someone who doesn't like looking to the past, wheels out the old montage video at every tour - kind of taking the piss in reminding you what hits she DIDN'T do. :americanlife:

I think Like a Virgin would be the song that the masses would most associate with Madonna.

But I think a video is a must. People need to see that she's still hot and can work it.

Oh, I don't disagree. But I think the more friendlier and fun song that is in association would be "Holiday". As mentioned "Like A Virgin" comes off more of a novelty song.

As for a "video"... I am not sure anymore? But I agree that the song just being released in hopes for radio exposure isn't going to be enough. Radio isn't going to play it no matter how great it is. So we can only hope WB kicks into gear and really pushes it. Furthermore, we can only hope that the song is such a kick as song that the masses demand for radio play.

About the no video thing....

I thought Anna was referring to Revolver not Celebrate when she made that statement. BUT being that M is in the middle of a tour I wouldn't be surprised if there is no video for Celebrate either.

Guest nothingfails0603

Iconography sounded so much better and befitting a career-spanning compilation from pop's greatest living superstar. Celebration sounds like a remix collection.

Guest nothingfails0603

I don't think lacking a video is a bad thing. Of course, we'd love to see a video as fans, but to be truthful, the ship has sailed in terms of music videos being creative and important. Radio has returned with a vengeance and murdered the video star. Look at all of todays superstars, the videos aren't that well-known, it's not like it was 20 years ago when videos and the songs went hand in hand. A lot of people who love Boom Boom Pow or Poker Face have never even seen the videos.

I don't think lacking a video is a bad thing. Of course, we'd love to see a video as fans, but to be truthful, the ship has sailed in terms of music videos being creative and important. Radio has returned with a vengeance and murdered the video star. Look at all of todays superstars, the videos aren't that well-known, it's not like it was 20 years ago when videos and the songs went hand in hand. A lot of people who love Boom Boom Pow or Poker Face have never even seen the videos.

I have to agree. The videos have simply become a back seat to the songs now. It'll probably take a stellar stand out video to bring back the passion for video making again.

Guest stevejb4u

Heard the Album is also gonna be a double album so that could mean a potential 30 songs altogether plus the 2 new songs "Celebrate" & " Revolver" Broken as reported before has been dropped from the release.

Wonder if there will be a dvd as well of the songs videos. Its all go huh what with teh S&S tour out on dvd as well better start saving now eh.

Roll on the 28th :thumbsup:

just read this....

4give me if posted already..

Celebrate" is set to hit radio waves around the world on July 28th, but those who attended the Sticky & Sweet Tour already managed to hear a glimpse of the lead single from the new Madonna collection titled "Celebration".

"Celebrate" can indeed be heard in the show during the "Holiday" number. As reported, bits of both the new single and Madonna's oldie "Everybody" are sampled in the song, although fans should not be confused by the vocals introducing the song (Celebration, Celebration) which are those from Holiday and only a hint to "Celebrate" which doesn't feature vocals borrowed from Madonna's 1983 megahit but it's a completely new, kick ass uptempo anthem in pure Madonna style.

Speaking of new songs, "Revolver" is now the only second new track to be part of the Greatest Hits package, while "Broken", the other track produced by Paul Oakenfold won't be released.

Last but not least, Madonna fans will be happy to know that "Celebration", the hits collection, is a double album!

Source: MadonnaTribe

Oh and Anna said that Lil"Wayne will be on Revolver

Well, that's unfortunate.

Hopefully, one of our forum's master sound editors, like TheRain1981, will be able to edit the song in order to remove that part (as he did so well with some of the rap and hip-hop elements on the "Hard Candy" tracks).

Guest ursaminorjim
Well, that's unfortunate.

Hopefully, one of our forum's master sound editors, like TheRain1981, will be able to edit the song in order to remove that part (as he did so well with some of the rap and hip-hop elements on the "Hard Candy" tracks).

Racist.

Someone posted this on Fanzine:

A radio station here in france just anounced to play the single on the 15th july....the DJ said it is Vintage Madonna...and the song is Killer with superb production

Racist.

:lol:

but really, its so stupid that someone will need all the raps erased from M's songs in order to be happy

grow up

I don't know? There was no official release for "Holiday" and that became a Madonna anthem. Hell, it never cracked the top spot, but I get the feeling it's the one song EVERYONE knows of Madonna. It's a very popular song. So maybe, they are trying to duplicate that success with "Celebration"? I don't know? Also, videos do not have the same impact anymore. I really don't see a montage being something video stations will play (whenever they do play videos). And I don't see it being a very popular video on the internet.

WB needs to make sure they push this single. Radio won't play it if WB just releases it without a big push. And maybe Madonna will add it to her show as a full song before she finishes up the leg of this tour?

I'm excited though. I can't wait to hear the new song.

There was a video for Holiday - the Solid Gold performance was distributed and is still shown, certainly in Europe. And videos are essential. People go straight to youtube now to see and hear a new song. Look how many hits the 4 Minutes video got - it was huge. However, Miles Away had no video and anyone posting there own had them removed by Warner's. Probably her worst performing single ever. With little outlet on the main stream channels to see music performances and MTV etc devoting themselves to reality TV or old videos, places like youtube are essential for viral spreading of songs. A video is essential - a montage as good as She's Not Me would work well although an original one would be much better as the video montage idea has been done by her several times now.

So Celebrate is vintage Madonna complete with sexy speaking part.. can't really go wrong with that formula.

Celebration will be a two cd set and career-spanning so that should shut some people up.

A montage video is a good idea considering the bitch is on tour and has been busy adopting Mercy, doing fashion lines and photo shoots and recording new music this year.. anyway there is so much good material to work with and it will give the project an appropriate posthumous feel.

I can't agree that montage videos have been overdone by M.. Nobody Knows Me doesn't count because it was only a promo video.

I mean and like as if S&S would be released as a bonus 3rd disc.. they're two seperate companies releasing the material.. who thinks of this shit?

There was a video for Holiday - the Solid Gold performance was distributed and is still shown, certainly in Europe. And videos are essential. People go straight to youtube now to see and hear a new song. Look how many hits the 4 Minutes video got - it was huge. However, Miles Away had no video and anyone posting there own had them removed by Warner's. Probably her worst performing single ever. With little outlet on the main stream channels to see music performances and MTV etc devoting themselves to reality TV or old videos, places like youtube are essential for viral spreading of songs. A video is essential - a montage as good as She's Not Me would work well although an original one would be much better as the video montage idea has been done by her several times now.

The Solid Gold performance is not an official video for the song. There has been much talk of several videos for the song and one supposedly being official, but nothing was officially commissioned as one.

I don't really see the point of a montage. No video channel in the U.S. will play a video montage. She has more of a chance to have an original video played though. But that's a big stretch.

Guest bulgar

anna on 'revolver'

"the frank e piece sounds the same as the version yall know with a bit more instrumental elements and with m singing very very high, her voice sounds pretty juvenile. our girl can hit some notes even without computer arrangements. its a rather influential track, very good."

Guest ursaminorjim

Kind-of agree. If she wants to make more videos, she should use more of the approach that they take for the tour films. Make them more an integral part of the art instead of a promotional expenditure.

There's been no rumor of a montage video- I just said that as an aside, sicne she's on tour and such, and it isa career-spanning album, whose first single is supposedly vintage Madonna. Would make sense. And, even if she did a video, it likely would be some nickle-and-dime production (a la LDLHA or "Jump"), so she may as well not even bother. Not that a nickle-and-dime production can't be memorable or iconic (think "Lucky Star," but the belly-button and bumping-and-grinding was fresh back then), but not nowadays.