New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

Guest Madlover033003
Kind-of agree. If she wants to make more videos, she should use more of the approach that they take for the tour films. Make them more an integral part of the art instead of a promotional expenditure.

exactly. do it for the art of it

Guest ursaminorjim

Well, "4 minutes" cost a pretty penny, I'm sure. But a small budget doesn't mean it has to look cheap or unmemorable. I just think that she hasn't collaborated with anyone whose ideas are better than "We'll make you look hot!" in a long time.

Guest Madlover033003

yeah why doesnt she hire the people that make videos like Justin's.

i mean, she was the video QUEEN back in the day. she made news with them...but now the videos look like anyone can make them.

Do you have a source for that information? I don't remember ever reading that nugget. I do recall that the master tapes for the 3 albums she delivers to Live Nation will revert to her ownership when their deal ends, but I don't recall a mention of any control of the Warner material.

I don't remember where I read the info, but I definitely read it! It was noted in the article that Madonna retaining control over her catalogue was an unusual arrangement.

Here is how it should have been,

May 2009, Shoot videos for 2 new songs for the Greatest Hits.

June 2009, Ist new song (Celebrate) is released to radio.

July 2009, S&S2 starts with the 2 new songs, Ist single is released.

Sept/Oct 2009, 2nd single released followed by 3 CD Greatest Hits.

Nov/Dec 2009, Box Set featuring all the goodies us fans have been waiting for is released.

Guys she just might film a video on a break inbetween showns in some european city when she has a couple of days off, its been done before and a little bird tells me if the tweeties on twitter tweet guyo enough he just might be able to convince M to do one! :nocomment:

TWEET TWEET!

There's been no rumor of a montage video- I just said that as an aside, sicne she's on tour and such, and it isa career-spanning album, whose first single is supposedly vintage Madonna. Would make sense. And, even if she did a video, it likely would be some nickle-and-dime production (a la LDLHA or "Jump"), so she may as well not even bother. Not that a nickle-and-dime production can't be memorable or iconic (think "Lucky Star," but the belly-button and bumping-and-grinding was fresh back then), but not nowadays.

There prob will be a montage video. I mean, We got the GHv2 video that was to promote the megamix that was never released or sent to radio (was it sent to radio?)

Plus, Warner shelved out money for 2 videos for Get Together, that used live footage from a promo tour. She was on tour at the time of the single, couldnt film a video, but Warner still made the effort to put out a video

(and just a little side note, i love the Get Together video that was released.)

I don't remember where I read the info, but I definitely read it! It was noted in the article that Madonna retaining control over her catalogue was an unusual arrangement.

She does not have sole control of her WB catalog. She shares publishing with them, but they absolutely own all of her masters.

She does not have sole control of her WB catalog. She shares publishing with them, but they absolutely own all of her masters.

Who's saying that WB don't own her masters?! Certainly not me :) Madonna has control over what WB does with her music. They can't do anything with it without her permission and she can't do anything with it without their permission.

Who's saying that WB don't own her masters?! Certainly not me :) Madonna has control over what WB does with her music. They can't do anything with it without her permission and she can't do anything with it without their permission.

We bascially agree, but sharing publishing with them is not real control. They can do whatever they want, as long as they consult with her regarding publishing. If she owned her masters, then she would have real control, which is why i'm sure she made it a point in her live nation deal to gain control of her masters aftershe delivered the 3 albums. :thumbsup:

We bascially agree, but sharing publishing with them is not real control. They can do whatever they want, as long as they consult with her regarding publishing. If she owned her masters, then she would have real control, which is why i'm sure she made it a point in her live nation deal to gain control of her masters aftershe delivered the 3 albums. :thumbsup:

She has more control over her Warners catalogue than most artists do, though, and that's why the arrangement is quite unusual. For example, she only has publishing rights regarding the songs that she actually co-wrote (which is the bulk of her catalogue), but even though the has no publishing rights over songs such as "Holiday", "Borderline", "Like A Virgin", "Material Girl", "Dress You Up", DCFMA, "Bedtime Story", "American Pie" etc. etc. etc., she actually has a say in how they are used - Warners can't use her versions of those songs without her permission. That's different to her having publishing control. With LN, yes, you're absolutely correct - she owns the actual masters so they're basically hers to keep (Warners owns her WB masters, but she has control over how they use these masters, which is the difference).

You're also right in that essentially, we agree :)

yeah why doesnt she hire the people that make videos like Justin's.

i mean, she was the video QUEEN back in the day. she made news with them...but now the videos look like anyone can make them.

What the fuck??? No one, and I mean no one, can make a video like Love Profussion without being a graphics designer nerd!!! Imagine all the hours it took to copy/paste those flowers around her from the "Paint" program for that magical video! :dramatic:

Roger friedman once said that the reason she keeps on touring is because she doesn't have so much income in publishing because she didn't really wrote most of her old hits unlike mariah..true?

Guest IdaSteffington
Roger friedman once said that the reason she keeps on touring is because she doesn't have so much income in publishing because she didn't really wrote most of her old hits unlike mariah..true?

Madonna said she on Letterman that she wishes she had learned guitar so she didn't have to split publishing.

She also said she wanted to rule the world, not be the richest entertainer - difference!

Madonna said she on Letterman that she wishes she had learned guitar so she didn't have to split publishing.

She also said she wanted to rule the world, not be the richest entertainer - difference!

But she has become the latter, apparently.

You can't believe anything that he says about Madonna. From 1986 onwards, Madonna has co-written all but a tiny handful of her hits. It's Whitney Houston who doesn't get much income from publishing royalties, not Madonna!

Guest boytoyville

Never believe anything that duffus says. He once quoted Mer Girl as being a single! lol

Not the entire Africa unfortunately..Malawi is just a small part of Africa.

nope, she owns the entire continent

Guest superman

any leak or sample of the song? please.......

but im glad revolver still on the album as 2nd single - great choice!!!

She has more control over her Warners catalogue than most artists do, though, and that's why the arrangement is quite unusual. For example, she only has publishing rights regarding the songs that she actually co-wrote (which is the bulk of her catalogue), but even though the has no publishing rights over songs such as "Holiday", "Borderline", "Like A Virgin", "Material Girl", "Dress You Up", DCFMA, "Bedtime Story", "American Pie" etc. etc. etc., she actually has a say in how they are used - Warners can't use her versions of those songs without her permission. That's different to her having publishing control. With LN, yes, you're absolutely correct - she owns the actual masters so they're basically hers to keep (Warners owns her WB masters, but she has control over how they use these masters, which is the difference).

I think the control you are talking about (the control to release her music) is only effective while she is still under contract to Warner. When their deal expires (after this next collection) she will no longer be an agent for Warner and thus, no more control. If she owned the masters after the deal expired, she would be able to license the music for release to whomever she wanted - and I haven't read that anywhere in the reports we've gotten. Anyway, we will see if you are right once she is done at WB.

Moving on, I kind of was hoping "Revolver" would be the lead single. I really don't understand the point of using Lil' Wayne unless the idea is to get a #1 single in the U.S. - which will be difficult to do with a second single if it is available at iTunes the day the album is released.

You can't believe anything that he says about Madonna. From 1986 onwards, Madonna has co-written all but a tiny handful of her hits. It's Whitney Houston who doesn't get much income from publishing royalties, not Madonna!

It could be partly true. Madonna didn't start making gigantic amounts of money till her RIT tour. Before that she wasn't charging that much for her tickets. She knows the real money is on tour, not off her record sales.

The Solid Gold performance is not an official video for the song. There has been much talk of several videos for the song and one supposedly being official, but nothing was officially commissioned as one.

I don't really see the point of a montage. No video channel in the U.S. will play a video montage. She has more of a chance to have an original video played though. But that's a big stretch.

The point is there is a video to accompany the song that was distributed with it. Having no video, especially for a lead song of any sort of album project is bad marketing, especially when the technology available makes it possible to create something very cheaply. Youtube is the first place people will go to hear and see this song.