New Looks for S&S Tour

FreeMySoul

Madonna's stylist Arianne Phillips is interviewed by W magazine about the Blame It On Rio portfolio and what she has planned for this year:

The black zippered dress is so prominent in the story. What made you choose it and what did its designer (Victoria Beckham) have to do with it, if anything?

I initially chose this dress for the classic 50s-60s slim silhouette, which was what I was after for our story. I was also intrigued since it is from Beckham's debut collection - I liked the 'story' of one pop star to another. And I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the dress. The fabrication, details and fit are very well thought out.

What's up next for you?

I designed the costumes for Tom Ford's directorial debut, A Single Man, starring Colin Firth and Julianne Moore, which is forthcoming this fall. Right now I'm helping refurbish and create some new looks for Madonna's summer tour extension and I'm getting ready to attend the women's collections in Paris.

To read the full interview visit www.wmagazine.com/editorsblog

:thumbsup: Hopefully more color and less black. For this to be the "upbeat" tour, there sure is alot of black used for the costumes. Whatever happened to the alternate pink outfit used for the old skool section. I thought is looked way better than the normal one she was using. IMO, the costumes for CT were the best.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

So much for those insistent there will be "no changes" on this next leg.

Here's hoping some video and setlist changes happen as well.

you can bet your topaz ass that there will be changes to the videos and the setlist.

I'm hoping she will get rid of that stupid Eurythmics video and replace it with her Rain song with a Madonna video.

among other thangs

Guest Pud Whacker
Madonna's stylist Arianne Phillips is interviewed by W magazine about the Blame It On Rio portfolio and what she has planned for this year:

The black zippered dress is so prominent in the story. What made you choose it and what did its designer (Victoria Beckham) have to do with it, if anything?

I initially chose this dress for the classic 50s-60s slim silhouette, which was what I was after for our story. I was also intrigued since it is from Beckham's debut collection - I liked the 'story' of one pop star to another. And I was pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the dress. The fabrication, details and fit are very well thought out.

What's up next for you?

I designed the costumes for Tom Ford's directorial debut, A Single Man, starring Colin Firth and Julianne Moore, which is forthcoming this fall. Right now I'm helping refurbish and create some new looks for Madonna's summer tour extension and I'm getting ready to attend the women's collections in Paris.

To read the full interview visit www.wmagazine.com/editorsblog

:thumbsup:

funny enough, scrap and i were were discussing yesterday (after the beauty of the oscars) how bizarre it would be if she just pulled out the SAME EXACT STUFF. it will be nice to see the changes, no matter how minimal or maximum. thanks FMS!!!

Guest Danny86

As I already said it in the other thread, it might just be the Old School outfit reworked a bit, since the original sketch was different and sometimes Madonna used the pink one. Other than that, I can't see any big changes happening, and just because Arianne reworks her own design, it doesn't mean there will be new songs.

you can bet your topaz ass that there will be changes to the videos and the setlist.

I'm hoping she will get rid of that stupid Eurythmics video and replace it with her Rain song with a Madonna video.

among other thangs

Yes. That particular interlude has to go. It doesn't make any sense and it's not Madonna.

Guest BytheBay
Yes. That particular interlude has to go. It doesn't make any sense and it's not Madonna.

i disagree...its one of my favorite parts of the show...very beautiful..i loved it

I've thought from the beginning she was going to change this show up. Knowing how she likes change and not repeating herself, I wouldn't be surprised if she changes atleast half of it completely up? I wouldn't be surprised too if she has a brand new single ready for summer (something we haven't heard yet) and tours with it too.

i disagree...its one of my favorite parts of the show...very beautiful..i loved it

Sorry but people are paying top dollar to hear Madonna, not the Eurythmics. :thumbsdown: I agree with others, it has to go. I would rather hear the original Rain with a thunder cloud backdrop than the one that was used for the tour.

Guest BytheBay
Sorry but people are paying top dollar to hear Madonna, not the Eurythmics. :thumbsdown: I agree with others, it has to go. I would rather hear the original Rain with a thunder cloud backdrop than the one that was used for the tour.

That's your opinion.

I thought it was a highlight. And frankly if i never hear Rain again it would be too soon. I loved the interlude. I don't care about who sings it. It was about the vibe of the piece and how it fit into the show and for me it was perfect.

I can't believe she has worn something was supposedly 'designed' by that talent vacuum and parasite Beckham. The woman has zero talent and Madonna and has hit a new low by associating herself with someone desperate for fame.

That woman has not trained in fashion and sewing - she will just tell some poor sap what she likes. Joke!

I can't believe she has worn something was supposedly 'designed' by that talent vacuum and parasite Beckham. The woman has zero talent and Madonna and has hit a new low by associating herself with someone desperate for fame.

That woman has not trained in fashion and sewing - she will just tell some poor sap what she likes. Joke!

c´mon...,the dress is quite good!

Guest Danny86

Dramatic much? It's a 3 minute long interlude video in a nearly 2 hour long show, which features other non-Madonna samples/people. And it's still light years better than the "Confessions" interlude on CT and personally I enjoy it more than the stupid dancer show off "Hollywood" mess from RIT.

Guest Pud Whacker
I've thought from the beginning she was going to change this show up. Knowing how she likes change and not repeating herself, I wouldn't be surprised if she changes atleast half of it completely up? I wouldn't be surprised too if she has a brand new single ready for summer (something we haven't heard yet) and tours with it too.

oh, i hope so!!!

Guest Pud Whacker

who cares where she got it? i mean really - WHO CARES WHERE SHE GOT A DRESS that shes wearing in a photo shoot? :rotfl:

who cares where she got it? i mean really - WHO CARES WHERE SHE GOT A DRESS that shes wearing in a photo shoot? :rotfl:

exactly :lol:

i love the clothes im glad she used them :clap:

I love the bangs! And glasses. It's even been copied by Giselle the model in some campaign. I like it!

I actually like the bang wig also. People got pissed off early in the tour around here when it was suggested that she wear more wigs. They compared it to a Kylie show. When she wore the wig during the Japan shows of CT, she looked good and younger and it reminded me of her during the early 90's. Her wearing a wig doesn't bother me as much as that boring, stringy hair that she wears during the first half of the show.

I actually like the bang wig also. People got pissed off early in the tour around here when it was suggested that she wear more wigs. They compared it to a Kylie show. When she wore the wig during the Japan shows of CT, she looked good and younger and it reminded me of her during the early 90's. Her wearing a wig doesn't bother me as much as that boring, stringy hair that she wears during the first half of the show.

Agreed.

She wore a wig for the geisha segment of the DWT. If she is doing "characters" why not wear a wig? I like the variety in the show, honestly.