Will HC reach 1x Platinum?

My opinion:

THE BEAT GOES ON should be single #3 in the U.S! The fact that Kanye does the guest rap on the song already guarantees it airplay, and it's one of the best songs on HARD CANDY. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

single #3 choices are quite hard:

MILES AWAY - general public pleaser

BEAT GOES ON with KANYE

CANDY SHOP with PHARRELL (although we already have him in GI2M, video)

DEVIL with JUSTIN

there's just so many good songs in HARD CANDY...

Guest boytoyville
By the way some interesting info I ran into reading BB @ Borders 2nite. march17 08 issue billboard top 200

I was shocked at some of the people who say CDS are NOT SELLING?

Then I was like:: wait a minute?...

Carrie Underwood 7x platinum 2005 release

daughtry 4 x platinum

alicia 3 x platinum

eagles 7x platinum

garth 5 x platinum

You can cut the Eagles & Garth Brookes albums in half as they are DOUBLE albums and being sold at reg price.

BEAT GOES ON with KANYE

DEVIL with JUSTIN

Candy or Bgo!

My opinion:

THE BEAT GOES ON should be single #3 in the U.S! The fact that Kanye does the guest rap on the song already guarantees it airplay, and it's one of the best songs on HARD CANDY. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I agree, but only for the US

Guest marsha

BEAT GOES ON with KANYE

DEVIL with JUSTIN

I agree. I want Beat. it's great. Kayne is hot. obviously Pharrell features with polarized 3D glasses in GITM. don't want to see more Justin unless he shows off his bums. she's 50, she could go out alone with 4th single's vid. wanna a video 100% Madonna after boys band.

I agree. I want Beat. it's great. Kayne is hot. obviously Pharrell features with polarized 3D glasses in GITM. don't want to see more Justin unless he shows off his bums. she's 50, she could go out alone with 4th single's vid. wanna a video 100% Madonna after boys band.

Since Beat Goes On is getting more airplay than Give It 2 Me, why not release the video to GI2M and send BGO to radio? GI2M would appeal to her gay fanbase and BGO will continue her momentum at radio. Just a thought.

Since Beat Goes On is getting more airplay than Give It 2 Me, why not release the video to GI2M and send BGO to radio? GI2M would appeal to her gay fanbase and BGO will continue her momentum at radio. Just a thought.

Where did you hear that?

source...

Guest Bad Robot

HC has about a 2% chance of going 2X platinum.

Beat Goes On is the clear choice for single #3. Honestly it probably should be single #2 instead of GI2M.

I'm going to guess a final total of around 850k for HC. It'll get a 1x platinum but barely.

its sad to see such a fun album will end up doing slightly better than "American Life" just because she's not promoting it. an album takes 2.5 years to prepare and she doesnt have that many years left in the music business. if she only cares about her tours she is making a huge mistake. people will lose interest on her if her albums doesnt reach many people and she stops making public appearances or great videos... as far as i know she has 4 or 5 world tour obligations according to her contract with LN. and that many world tours need people to attend.

its sad to see such a fun album will end up doing slightly better than "American Life" just because she's not promoting it. an album takes 2.5 years to prepare and she doesnt have that many years left in the music business. if she only cares about her tours she is making a huge mistake. people will lose interest on her if her albums doesnt reach many people and she stops making public appearances or great videos... as far as i know she has 4 or 5 world tour obligations according to her contract with LN. and that many world tours need people to attend.

and that´s when she´ll start to go to sounth america, asia, australia again...

HC has about a 2% chance of going 2X platinum.

Beat Goes On is the clear choice for single #3. Honestly it probably should be single #2 instead of GI2M.

I'm going to guess a final total of around 850k for HC. It'll get a 1x platinum but barely.

BR:

How is that Possible?

The market has NOT changed that much since 2005 (confessions cd)

Why do you think 4M did NOT creat the kind of sales as HUNG UP?

4m reached 60m ai Doubled of HU?

Please give us your input....

when are people going to realize that her tours have ZERO effect on album sales?? going from 3000 copies a week to 4000 copies a week does not count

Tours do have an effect on album sales. There has to be a perfect balance of promotion, music videos, radio airplay and concerts to have stellar album sales, though.

Tours do have an effect on album sales. There has to be a perfect balance of promotion, music videos, radio airplay and concerts to have stellar album sales, though.

WBR = imbalance

WBR = imbalance

Oh well.

And to answer the question, HELL NO.

Guest marsha

can't get enough of this pic !! you make my day. I know it's puerile but whatever, it makes me laugh. congrats.

Guest Bad Robot

Candylipsgirl, COADF may have not had big singles, but it was an album that really energized a lot of fans and that excited a lot of people. Hard Candy is getting a much more mixed reaction.

The market has dropped 30% since COADF came out, plus COADF had the benefit of coming out right at the start of the holiday shopping season.

The tour will have negligible impact on sales. None of her past tours have done much for sales, not sure why folks would think this one will be different.

moocowmariah.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao: OMFG. best ever!!!!

oh sorry, I pray HC even goes plat/sells 1 million ! let alone even goin 2x plat. LOL

'Bad Robot' [/b]date='May 15 2008, 03:47 PM' post='499578']

Candylipsgirl, COADF may have not had big singles, but it was an album that really energized a lot of fans and that excited a lot of people. Hard Candy is getting a much more mixed reaction.

The market has dropped 30% since COADF came out, plus COADF had the benefit of coming out right at the start of the holiday shopping season.

The tour will have negligible impact on sales. None of her past tours have done much for sales, not sure why folks would think this one will be different.

BR : Thank You for answering these questions for me!

MUAH!

Prior to seeing the opening week sales, I really did think this might have a chance to outsell COADF in the U.S. but now, it seems pretty obvious that will not happen.

Right now, I'd be happy if it sold on par with P!NK's last album (in U.S. sales).

Prior to seeing the opening week sales, I really did think this might have a chance to outsell COADF in the U.S. but now, it seems pretty obvious that will not happen.

Right now, I'd be happy if it sold on par with P!NK's last album (in U.S. sales).

Actually, I was thinking about Pink´s album´s sales:it started slowly, but with the right singles (and the tour) it reached a good amount of sales

I honestly don't think radio will give Madonna's other singles much of a chance, so I'm not even sure it will outsell Pink. I'm not really sure what to think of HC anymore. Given that it might struggle to outsell even AL, it must be considered at least a disappointment (if not a moderate flop) in the US. Sad, but Madonna doesn't seem to care about it so why should we?

I honestly don't think radio will give Madonna's other singles much of a chance, so I'm not even sure it will outsell Pink. I'm not really sure what to think of HC anymore. Given that it might struggle to outsell even AL, it must be considered at least a disappointment (if not a moderate flop) in the US. Sad, but Madonna doesn't seem to care about it so why should we?

True. except Im a devoted fan...I cant damn help it!

i agree. she had done more promotion for her children's book. well, we have to respect her choices. i wonder how will LN contract survive all this half-assed-music-career for the coming ten years.. :confused: