Will HC reach 1x Platinum?

Live Nation press release mentions 'special stage'

www.madonnalicious.com

thanks to david: may 27, 2008

Ticket sales for Madonna's highly anticipated Sticky & Sweet Tour continued to explode throughout Europe and North America, it was confirmed by the tour's producer, Live Nation.

The demand for tickets in Paris for Madonna's scheduled September 20th performance was so staggering that a second and final performance has just been announced for September 21st.

The Sticky & Sweet Zurich show at the Military Airfield Dubendorf scheduled for August 30th has just glided past the 70,000 mark as Madonna fans buy tickets in record breaking numbers for that show as well as in Vancouver, where Madonna's October 30th performance sold 50,000 tickets in a record breaking 29 minutes.

In addition, due to instant sellouts in Toronto at Air Canada Centre on October 18th and Montreal at the Bell Centre on October 22nd, second shows in both markets have been added - October 19th in Toronto at the Air Canada Centre and October 23 at Montreal’s Bell Centre.

These new sellout performances add to a list of sellouts that already include three sold out Madison Square Garden shows in New York City on October 6, 7 and 11 and sellouts in Boston and Chicago where a second show October 27th at the United Center will go on sale on June 2nd.

Additional Madonna shows on sale this weekend include: Los Angeles, San Diego, Houston, Miami, Las Vegas, Denver, Philadelphia, Atlanta and Atlantic City.

The Sticky & Sweet Tour, where Madonna once again joins creative forces with director Jamie King, is expected to surpass her previous sold out Confessions Tour in terms of production, visual enhancement, technology, dancing, singing, costumes and nonstop entertainment. A special stage is being created to showcase Madonna, her band, and a stunning troop of dancers, all of which will give fans a breathtaking never before seen or heard once-in-a-lifetime experience.

The Sticky & Sweet Tour is being produced by Live Nation. For complete tour information, news, contests, and more, visit: www.madonna.com or www.livenation.com

Thanks to David

Portuguese Madonna fans, we are happy to confirm that the 'Sticky & Sweet' Tour will stop at the Parque Bela Vista in Lisbon on September 14, 2008. Tickets for the show will go on sale May 31.

If you are an Icon member, please note that the devoted presale will start on Thursday May 29, at 10am LOCAL TIME for legacy members and at Noon Local Time for Platinum members.

Also, a second Montreal (October 23) and Toronto (October 19) date was added to the tour itinerary yesterday. We've secured tickets for both shows, which will be available through a devoted Icon post sale starting May 29 at 10am LOCAL TIME for legacy members and at Noon Local Time for Platinum members.

Guest kramm

nah, there probably wont be a huge spike in sales. i'm curious to see how a non-summer tour will do. granted the ticket prices are lower that CT, but $350 isnt "cheap" by any means.

I do think it will help to steady sales, so HC shouldn't free fall down the charts ie: AL. But 2x platinum seems like a high estimate at this point. I think it may not equal COADF sales....which were damn good all things considered but I do think it will have a similar chart run to COADF. I think 1-1.2 when all is said and done...hopefully! :confused:

I do think it will help to steady sales, so HC shouldn't free fall down the charts ie: AL. But 2x platinum seems like a high estimate at this point. I think it may not equal COADF sales....which were damn good all things considered but I do think it will have a similar chart run to COADF. I think 1-1.2 when all is said and done...hopefully! :confused:

sad but true

With the way that is going on 2nd week sales:

Madonna’s Hard Candy (WB) appears to be melting toward 85-90k in its second week, probably good enough for #3 in this age of diminished expectations, though she probably can’t wait to get her act to Live Nation.

Another diva, Mariah Carey (Island/IDJ), will likely be next with 80-85k,

^Even Mariah's album is selling at a rate of HC's second week numbers :confused:

Hard Candy is a :janetflop::bruised:, It will be lucky to sell 1 million in the USA

Madonna’s Hard Candy (WB) appears to be melting toward 85-90k in its second week, probably good enough for #3 in this age of diminished expectations, though she probably can’t wait to get her act to Live Nation.

^Even Mariah's album is selling at a rate of HC's second week numbers :confused:

Hard Candy is a :janetflop::bruised:, It will be lucky to sell 1 million in the USA

OK: maybe this second week sales it´s going to be good, and she will see that she needs to work to have a successful album!!!!

Guest danielal

Hey JR! your enthusiasm for Madonna's new album is realyy something to take notice!

Janet? Who is Janet?

How many albums has Madonna sold WW? Hmmm...in the range of 200 000 000 copies Hmmm how many Janet WW? Hmmm 60-70 million? Hma so there's a difference of about 130 million?

Hey JR! your enthusiasm for Madonna's new album is realyy something to take notice!

Janet? Who is Janet?

How many albums has Madonna sold WW? Hmmm...in the range of 200 000 000 copies Hmmm how many Janet WW? Hmmm 60-70 million? Hma so there's a difference of about 130 million?

My statements were made for the USA market ONLY!

Guest danielal

Hey JR the US market can kiss my NOT SO FAT ARSE! Madonna to promote her album for those rednecks for an extra thousands albums sold! ?Fuk that!

I like Madonna better this way nowadays! She respects herself more now and doesn't have to prostitute herself for some stupid numbers! Fuk that! Madonna will be bought and admired by her fans, fuck the fat the ugly the stupid the ignorant the delluded! Fuck them all!

My statements were made for the USA market ONLY!

Your statements sounds like hot air your blowing our of your fat ass. The world consists of more than your redneck hick town!

US market only... Please janet was singing her sorry ass around on every TV show the week her album came out and sold a 100,000 less than Madonna did with no promotion. Madonna also has a Top 5 hit that has big airplay and HUGE sales. Janet can't hold a candle to that. Stop talking out your redneck hick town ass!

Edited by notsomuch

Hey JR the US market can kiss my NOT SO FAT ARSE! Madonna to promote her album for those rednecks for an extra thousands albums sold! ?Fuk that!

I like Madonna better this way nowadays! She respects herself more now and doesn't have to prostitute herself for some stupid numbers! Fuk that! Madonna will be bought and admired by her fans, fuck the fat the ugly the stupid the ignorant the delluded! Fuck them all!

Jesus. You need to calm down.

Your statements sounds like hot air your blowing our of your fat ass. The world consists of more than your redneck hick town!

US market only... Please janet was singing her sorry ass around on every TV show the week her album came out and sold a 100,000 less than Madonna did with no promotion. Madonna also has a Top 5 hit that has big airplay and HUGE sales. Janet can't hold a candle to that. Stop talking out your redneck hick town ass!

The thread is about how the album is selling in the USA, STICK to the topic!

You are right about the fact that Janet did more promo than Madge. But Hard Candy is not selling as expected even THOUGH it has a top 5 hit with "4 minutes". I think that the single is doing incredibly well but the general public are not rushing to buy the album *FACT*

So I think that an album that will struggle to make 1 million can be considered a :janetflop: unless the 2nd single ignites more interest in the album as a whole. But I don't see that happening with GI2M.

i agree with you,this woman is in need of a serious reality check,and with this new deal over "scalped tickets: is effen DISGUSTING on her behalf,like her or not Mariah is much better to her fans than we as madonna fans could ever hope Madonna to be to us,,,this show like her others,,is gonna be all about her and not us,,,shitty songs,no encore.,no fun! EFF her,,,she can take her "sticky" tkts and ram them up her "sweet" A$$!!! ;)

Guest danielal

Madonna is the WORLD'S NR. 1 FEMALE RECORDING ARTIST

She sold 200 million albums and 100 million singles. Worldwide

Payollah Crazey? Now that's a FLOP musician to talk about!!! Mooriah sold 130 million albums WW and 35 million sinlges!

So Madonna outsells THE FLOP MARIAH CAREY by 135 million records! Wow!

Seems like Mooriah will NEVER touch that!!! What did I say!? Mooriah The Cow= FLOP, not only she is behind Madonna WW but also behind Celine Dion!!! FLOP only the 3rd best selling female artist!

MARIAH CAREY=FLOP!

The thread is about how the album is selling in the USA, STICK to the topic!

You are right about the fact that Janet did more promo than Madge. But Hard Candy is not selling as expected even THOUGH it has a top 5 hit with "4 minutes". I think that the single is doing incredibly well but the general public are not rushing to buy the album *FACT*

So I think that an album that will struggle to make 1 million can be considered a :janetflop: unless the 2nd single ignites more interest in the album as a whole. But I don't see that happening with GI2M.

You're right, The topic is US. But, Madonna will pass Janet's sales this week. Janet has not even moved 400,000 units since release. So if Madonna sells a million it's considered a FLOP a la Janet? Please Madonna's has already blown Janet out of the water.

And how do you know what the expectations are regarding sales? You work for WB?

i agree with you,this woman is in need of a serious reality check,and with this new deal over "scalped tickets: is effen DISGUSTING on her behalf,like her or not Mariah is much better to her fans than we as madonna fans could ever hope Madonna to be to us,,,this show like her others,,is gonna be all about her and not us,,,shitty songs,no encore.,no fun! EFF her,,,she can take her "sticky" tkts and ram them up her "sweet" A$$!!! ;)

Were you speaking English?

Guest Danny86
this show like her others,,is gonna be all about her and not us

Huh? Since when should a Madonna show be about the fans? :rolleyes:

Not to be rude but there are plenty of 80's has been acts out there touring this summer who play nothing but their 80's hits. Check out Poison...I'm sure Journey is touring again.....oh yeah, Motley Crue is on the road again too, perhaps you can get your nostalgia kicks from them. Madonna hasn't reached that point yet (thank God). She doesn't NEED to rely on her 80's hits to sell her shows out....check back in 20 years.

Guest marsha
Not to be rude but there are plenty of 80's has been acts out there touring this summer who play nothing but their 80's hits. Check out Poison...I'm sure Journey is touring again.....oh yeah, Motley Crue is on the road again too, perhaps you can get your nostalgia kicks from them. Madonna hasn't reached that point yet (thank God). She doesn't NEED to rely on her 80's hits to sell her shows out....check back in 20 years.

Motley Crue back on tour? we can expect a sextape on YouTube to promote the thing.

Motley Crue back on tour? we can expect a sextape on YouTube to promote the thing.

:lmao:

Ewww....even in their "prime" they were fug. Tommy I guess was ok...in a sleazy, dirty kind of way....that big hunk of meat he used to steer that boat in the Pam&Tommy tape helped bring his hot level up from 0 to 1.

Guest boytoyville

I think 2x platnium is still possible but only if she makes a couple televised appearences while on tour in the US & if she gets 30.000= airplay with the next single or two.

well for one i have not heard bout Madonna new tour outside of Madonna sites so that should tell ya something.

i never got her why she don't do the tv,magazine circuit when she go on tour like most people.

she might as well pimp her shyt out since she is pimping her damn gullible stupid azz fans

AMEN!!!!

The tour will not impact sales at all. Never have, so why now? I don't know how the CD will sell because I don't know if Madonna plans any type of promo at all. At the current rate things are going she might hit 850,000 units at most. With some effort she can do 1,000,000 - 1,300,000.