Hard Candy around the worldwide charts

Guest Hafo

Guest Hafo

NS: Album is not in the Top 20 in UK midweeks, so probably the effect in Europe is not spread :(

Probably Warners has the album at a special price?

Guest tir69
NS: Album is not in the Top 20 in UK midweeks, so probably the effect in Europe is not spread :(

Probably Warners has the album at a special price?

In Italy HC has a standard price not special price , in uk there are a lot of new release this week and HC suffer this situation more than the others.It's not a secret that in uK HC isn't a best seller since now.

I know! I am wondering the same thing. I hope it is early signs of the single's effect - it could mean BIG things if a mere whisper of the track is having an effect already.

I guess the tour promotion is also helping, for example, here in Portugal tickets were put on sale on saturday (with tv, newspaper and radio ads) and the album might get the #1 spot once again next week :thumbsup:

France

5 (5) Madonna - Hard Candy ~9.000 ~128.400

World

2 (1) Madonna - Hard Candy ~144K (~177K) (-19%)

Mediatraffic (United World Chart) sales are higher for this week of cause :electropop: I guess around 162K

Guest Hafo

The funny thing is that both sites that calculate worldwide sales put HC on over 200K (!)

I know there was a debate on UKMix about it :chuckle:

Guest patrickovy

Hard Candy is now Gold in Poland (10.000 copies)

Also in monthly Top100 sales ranking for April Hard Candy is at #8. The only foreign artist/band which is higher is Rolling Stones - Shine a Light at #6.

Guest Hafo

Up to #3 in Hungary.

Wonder if it'll be 2 or 3 in the World Chart later on today... Duffy might have a small advantage in US and probably Europe!

I guess Madge wins over Duffy in Japan/The rest of Asia and Latinamerica of course. Duffy hasn't released here, not that I know anyway.

Drop to #26 in Ireland

Still top ten on Polish chart #7 :thumbsup:(Gold)

Also drop to #6 in Germany

I think next week will be her weekest till then , hope for GI2m effect in few next

Edited by Macko

Guest tir69

ITALY SALES CHARTS:

ALBUM :

HARD CANDY NR 5 (-3)

THE CONFESSION TOUR NR 68 (-1)

DVD :

THE CONFESSION TOUR NR 8 (-2)

THE ULTIMATE COLLECTION NR 19 (-7)

SINGLES:

4 MINUTES NR 4

HC returns to #1 on the Israeli album chart - I think it is due to the Deluxe Edition being released there.

The album is up +3 in the Philippines too at #5.

Nightshade, can you post the chart run in Israel and Philippines for HC? Thanks in advance.

Israel:*

1-5-10-19-7-1-

* Mind you, this chart is the MusicNeto album chart (which is in Israel), however I have heard from some sources at UKMix that it is not the nation's official chart, however it updates weekly and seems to indicate who is buying what in that territory.

Philippines:*

8-5-

* This is based on the Odyssey Records stores which is the closest thing to an official chart in the Philippines. I don't know why Hard Candy has only been charting on it for two weeks. It may be a bi-weekly chart.

The singles chart has been suspended. If you mean the album I think it will chart in one or two weeks. IFPI reports the chart with one week delay (hence HC has only 4 weeks). You can see it here: http://www.ifpi.gr/chart04.htm

Thanks. I hope she makes it to #1.