Australian shows: official dates to be announced soon (LN Aus)

San

Just got a response from ipex saying the australian leg is still definitely going ahead but plans might be changed I.e dates, cities, venues etc.

This might mean more cities could be included in the overall schedule.

If this is true, I wonder if they are pushing Australia back to make room for South America?

So it might just be business as usual than. She was probably originally going to go to Brazil anyway so it prob wud have been just before Australia.

Plus if city plans change, there's a chance we could also see an inclusion of Brisbane and Perth on the initiary.

Edited by Martini123

Andifeel is also warning that more schedule changes are likely and is urging people to book only refundable or changeable flights and accommodation.

Why did they announce dates and sell damn tickets and then change dates? First finalise the itinerary then sell tickets.

If she comes to Australia I am seriously considering going there to see her. :tigger:

All of the floor and the lower tiers in the US for Confessions were the equivalent of $AUD500 nine years ago. Ipex said that the prices were going to be "the highest ever seen in this country". That record is currently held by The Rolling Stones, who charged $580 for the best tickets. We're not looking at $AUD450 here (that's what we would have been paying for Confessions in 2006) - we're talking at least $600. This is just speculation, of course, but remember that we paid $200 for the best tickets in a stadium in 1993. We'll be seeing her in (relatively) tiny arenas this time around, with a catwalk that basically extends to the back of the floor, so we're going to be paying through the nose....

Wow I can't imagine them selling out if tix are $600 or more each. Joe public simply won't pay that much. No wonder the promoter is nervous about paying up front ( if that's true) do you think the public will pay that sort of money in Australia?yes Rolling Stones charged that for the entire floor and most the lower stands plus the VIP were double that I think. But they also only did one night in each city. For m to sell out multiple nights in each venue at those prices I just can't see that happening. Australians just aren't used to those prices. Maybe if just one concert in each city she could sell out but that's not going to cover the overheads I wouldn't think. Btw I hate to think what the VIP prices are going to be if this is an indication of the normal tix prices!

I doubt Madonna cares about what an average Australian thinks is a reasonable price. Remember her statement back in 2012? :1251:

When asked by Newsweek if her tickets will be very pricey this time around, Madonna said her fans should work all year and scrape their money together because she's worth it.

"So start saving your pennies now. People spend $300 on crazy things all the time, things like handbags. So work all year, scrape the money together, and come to my show. I'm worth it."

I doubt Madonna cares about what an average Australian thinks is a reasonable price. Remember her statement back in 2012? :1251:

Yes i do remember this and I agree she doesn't give a rats about the prices. She has also made it clear and she certainly doesn't care about the average Australian (or any Australian for that matter) by not touring here for over 23 years LOL. But that doesn't mean people will buy exorbitantly priced tix (by Australian standards). I'm sure she will care if the arenas are half empty due to tix not selling (meaning she will cancel lol). It will be interesting to see what the final prices are and whether they sell or not as the prices we are talking about atm are all guess work really. time will tell i guess.

Edited by Philipandglenn

I think people will pay outrageous amounts for a legend who hasn't toured here in so long. Many will see it as a once in a lifetime thing. Rolling Stones sold out 7 shows at their prices, over 136,000 tickets. Even if they'd limited it to 2 cities, I think people would have travelled from all over Australia to see them.

Just got a response from ipex saying the australian leg is still definitely going ahead but plans might be changed I.e dates, cities, venues etc.

This might mean more cities could be included in the overall schedule.

Thanks, so no longer Arenas in Sydney & Melbourne in Feb only as we've been hearing? Wonder if this means Perth & Brisbane & stadiums now?

If stadiums, they will have to lower the prices alot compared to an Arena tour. Also if stadiums, the shows have to still be in Feb as from March onwards, they are used for sporting events country wide.

When asked by Newsweek if her tickets will be very pricey this time around, Madonna said her fans should work all year and scrape their money together because she's worth it.

"So start saving your pennies now. People spend $300 on crazy things all the time, things like handbags. So work all year, scrape the money together, and come to my show. I'm worth it."

Come on with using that as a quote. She was being tongue in cheek at the time. It was not meant literally.

^ ikr. It's like that quote a girl needs to earn a living (something like that) Taking things too seriously when she was just being funny.

I definitely think it was a joke besides the bag part. I honestly think she believes $300 purchases are a doable thing for the average person. When you're a millionaire/billionaire you kind of lose touch on stuff like that.

It's like when the media ask politicians what's the price of a litre of petrol?

Will she do Tasmania? :dramatic:

Horn, we have already established that she is doing 3 gigs in Tasmania. One in Hobart, the other in Launceston and then the super exclusive hush hush night in Eggs and Bacon Bay ! :lol:

Now Jacket, don't you laugh at Tasmanians. I am half Tasmanian so will come and chase you with my 2 heads !

:lol:

Tasmania is near the top of my list of places to visit! I've got a real yearning to travel around Australia after shunning it in favour of overseas destinations for all these years.

It is a bit odd that every other major artist can tour Australia though? I don't get how they can take her tours to South America or even Japan but not Oz.

Yeah we get stuck with low rent budgie Minog who no one cares about. ..

We need THE QUEEN to tour not the dish scrubbers.

As far as I can tell by my contacts negotiations have stalled a few times since March and we may be back at the same place we were with MDNA again. Only time will tell.

Horn, we have already established that she is doing 3 gigs in Tasmania. One in Hobart, the other in Launceston and then the super exclusive hush hush night in Eggs and Bacon Bay ! :lol:

Maybe the Tasmania tiger will crawl out from their hiding place to watch RH tour. :1251:

As far as I can tell by my contacts negotiations have stalled a few times since March and we may be back at the same place we were with MDNA again. Only time will tell.

Why? Has her asking fee increased all of a sudden? Ipex said his contact at live nation had stated it's still going ahead just a week ago.

Okay, now I'm getting really scared.

Edited by Martini123

Tasmania is a very cool place.

They have really interesting Music Festivals like Dark Mofo and Mona Foma.

I'm going down there to see Antony & The Johnsons and The Irrepressibles in June :smile:

Does Madonna know where Tasmania is or if it even exists… no

And some of you people are dreaming if you think that just because she hasn't toured here in years that she can charge whatever she wants and it will sell out.

This tour will struggle to sell if the prices are as ludicrous as some people suggest...

Guest Rachelle of London

She needs to do Oz. If Janet can tour Oz three times and her tours only gross 10 quid Madonna can with her $300m+ tours.

And some of you people are dreaming if you think that just because she hasn't toured here in years that she can charge whatever she wants and it will sell out.

This tour will struggle to sell if the prices are as ludicrous as some people suggest...

Totally agree with you. Some people are living in dreamland.