New Album thread: Guy O talks rubbish; M&M cover art rumours?

Remember there was to be an event in Berlin in November were M and Gaga were head to head as to who was going to headline it, and neither wanted to be the support act for the other? Is this still going ahead? I am sure M was emerging as the more likely choice (obv). She could perform Living For Love?

Remember there was to be an event in Berlin in November were M and Gaga were head to head as to who was going to headline it, and neither wanted to be the support act for the other? Is this still going ahead? I am sure M was emerging as the more likely choice (obv). She could perform Living For Love?

That was tabloid bull. No such event was ever planned here in Berlin.

Reason why the UK press keeps mentioning Madonna performing on the show finale is because they are trying to highlight the demise of the X Factor as the war of the Saturday and Sunday night ratings goes on between X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing. There's no other bigger artist than Madonna and all they are trying to say is this; Simon Cowell needs someone like Madonna to save the show and make it the number one show in the country again.

Funny how they even wash their hands clean by saying she has to be happy with the finalists.. so to say she won't be on the show if she doesn't like them and basically throwing shades in the process.

They always do it! They always mention her name for some sensationalism.. i don't believe it to be true. It's just some cheap Sunday morning gossip.

I know the past 8 months feel like a decade in this ADD world where hit songs from May could be called oh so old and "dated" in their sound.......but this timeline we are on and the fact that nothing has been officially announced is absolutely normal at this point. I want the album yesterday as much as anyone but geez......calm down and let the woman do her thing.

Consider this......we heard she was starting work on an album in Feb-Mar 1997.......by October we had TWO song titles (Little Star and CPG) and certainly no official announcement. Be grateful we have about 25 song titles AND (alleged) descriptions of some of the demos AND a 3 second clip of Messiah.....lol.

She was way above the UK lottery in 1998 but she still performed "Frozen" on it. At this point I'd LOVE her to do the X-factor for the exposure but at the same time I don't want her performing with a bunch of nothings. That would be cheap and tacky.

She was way above the UK lottery in 1998 but she still performed "Frozen" on it. At this point I'd LOVE her to do the X-factor for the exposure but at the same time I don't want her performing with a bunch of nothings. That would be cheap and tacky.

Crux, was it a huge event when she performed Frozen on the Lottery show ? I imagine it would have received huge ratings. I am the same as you - would love her appearing and performing but not with contestants.

Reason why the UK press keeps mentioning Madonna performing on the show finale is because they are trying to highlight the demise of the X Factor as the war of the Saturday and Sunday night ratings goes on between X Factor and Strictly Come Dancing. There's no other bigger artist than Madonna and all they are trying to say is this; Simon Cowell needs someone like Madonna to save the show and make it the number one show in the country again.

Funny how they even wash their hands clean by saying she has to be happy with the finalists.. so to say she won't be on the show if she doesn't like them and basically throwing shades in the process.

They always do it! They always mention her name for some sensationalism.. i don't believe it to be true. It's just some cheap Sunday morning gossip.

yep!

Isn't mid December an unusual time to release an album?

A lot of rap and R&B albums come out in December. Mary J. Blige, for example, frequently releases albums in December, including this year. And of course, Beyonce's album dropped in Dec last year.

Guest Rachelle of London

I know the past 8 months feel like a decade in this ADD world where hit songs from May could be called oh so old and "dated" in their sound.......but this timeline we are on and the fact that nothing has been officially announced is absolutely normal at this point. I want the album yesterday as much as anyone but geez......calm down and let the woman do her thing.

Consider this......we heard she was starting work on an album in Feb-Mar 1997.......by October we had TWO song titles (Little Star and CPG) and certainly no official announcement. Be grateful we have about 25 song titles AND (alleged) descriptions of some of the demos AND a 3 second clip of Messiah.....lol.

Thank you.

:clap::clap::clap:

Crux, was it a huge event when she performed Frozen on the Lottery show ? I imagine it would have received huge ratings. I am the same as you - would love her appearing and performing but not with contestants.

Yes, It was reported and hyped up by the media days before she was due to perform. For the BBC to get a huge star like Madonna on the Lottery was a huge accomplishment..Unfortunately, the media and certain members of the public started taking the piss and said "She must be "hard up" for cash to appear on the lottery", but things backfired for them when the viewing figures rolled in and a majority praised her. I still look at that performance in awe to this day. She's fabulous.

Yes, It was reported and hyped up by the media days before she was due to perform. For the BBC to get a huge star like Madonna on the Lottery was a huge accomplishment..Unfortunately, the media and certain members of the public started taking the piss and said "She must be "hard up" for cash to appear on the lottery", but things backfired for them when the viewing figures rolls in and a majority praised her. I still look at that performance in awe to this day. She's fabulous.

I wish I could have seen it live. The media reaction you are talking about is typical but Madonna can always make them eat their words. Whenever she is interviewed as well, the ratings go through the roof.

I wish I could have seen it live. The media reaction you are talking about is typical but Madonna can always make them eat their words. Whenever she is interviewed as well, the ratings go through the roof.

Indeed.

Let's all remind ourselves of that wonderful performance...

X-Factor would be good promo and a big single release before Christmas would be really exciting.

It's probably best to be caustiousl optimistic though as to not expect too much.

We probably won't get anything this year and it'll be February/March before we get music. Similar to the last two albums

Indeed.

Let's all remind ourselves of that wonderful performance...

Thanks for posting that Crux. Fantastic to watch. Would of been lovely to see the host interview her as well but I am now just being fussy. Also, I know what would have topped your viewing experience - having the winning lottery numbers as well !

I wonder if the musicians are actually playing their instruments, or if they're "lip syncing," too. M's clearly miming, and it's so obvious Orbit's just pretending with his knobs and keyboards, LOL, but not so sure about the musicians.

Edited by tek75

I wonder if the musicians are actually playing their instruments, or if they're "lip syncing," too. M's clearly miming, and it's so obvious Orbit's just pretending with his knobs and keyboards, LOL, but not so sure about the musicians.

oh wow that reminds me.. she has to sing it live on the x factor.. no doubt.

If she was to perform on the final, it wont be the normal studio, it will in a arena like the past finals where the crowds will be wild and crazy. But I'm not taking this rumour seriously.

X-Factor would be good promo and a big single release before Christmas would be really exciting.

It's probably best to be caustiousl optimistic though as to not expect too much.

We probably won't get anything this year and it'll be February/March before we get music. Similar to the last two albums

Yehh I agree.

Thing is, IF there was music out before Christmas it would be the perfect piece of promo.

But as there isn't, I can't see Madonna bothering to do "just do it".....I think the "promo" spots WILL be the Brit awards and the Grammys next year....

...they will be the places Madonna will be turning upto for the new album.

As long as she doesn't perform with Whatever Loser on the final then yes, it would be good. Did she have to say "good luck everybody" on the National Lotto? :lmao: I know she didn't start the balls.

Even poor Bianca had to mix with the ordinary people when she was on

If they actually do a Madonna week I might just have to actually watch this bullshit. :grr: