New album thread - 12-disc "song cycle" opus rumour gains momentum

ryan

Hoping for the new Madonna to be announced very soon so I can do a preorder bundle with this:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Endless-River-Pink-Floyd/dp/B00NQKWA6S/ref=pd_sim_sbs_m_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZK6ATTEE5Q8JFTJYG87

Having them released on the same day would be the coolest thing.

i absolutely believe Madonna can do it on her own but American radio is rather shallow and they won't play her new material because of the age factor but what if her new single is really the shit??!! Would they just listen to it once and then forget it? Wouldn't they want to treat it as hit material? Even people like Jennifer Lopez need younger or more popular acts to maintain a career and she's only been around a fraction of Madonna's career as a whole so i wouldn't be surprised if they released a feature first single.. a collaboration with a younger hopeful to the throne so to speak..

What i 'd suggest is to release two versions of whatever they are going to put out: one with her guest feature and one just a solo effort so that everybody's happy!

I didn't mind GMAYL having MIA and Nicky Minaj as i do believe they made the song in a way but if the new single is really good then i want Madonna to pull it off on her own.

Something like the CC promo, which forces radio to play it, could work IF the song is good. People will be forced to hear it and if they like it, it could take off after the promo is over. Which was the goal with GMAYL. Except people had no interest. I also didn't mind the MIA/Nikki features. Artists feature rappers on songs all the time, and both of those ladies are respectable and talented. I also didn't mind the JT feature either, I just wish it was a better song. I prefer "Dance 2Nite." And I also really like JT's song with Ciara, which would have been great with Madonna. I think Miley is interesting, but I don't like the idea of her working with young pop tarts like that. And while I enjoy Alicia's music, she's not edgy or interesting and she definitely doesn't guarantee any airplay or sales.

Avicci has released a new single called "The Nights" via the video game FIFA 2015. Here's a stream: http://poponandon.com/first-listen-avicii-the-nights/. Could this be an indication of what his work with Madonna sounds like?

This sounds extremely dated, formulaic, cliché and lifeless. I pray to God that Diplo worked his magic in there and spiced up Acivi's bland ass shit.

Avicci has released a new single called "The Nights" via the video game FIFA 2015. Here's a stream: http://poponandon.com/first-listen-avicii-the-nights/. Could this be an indication of what his work with Madonna sounds like?

If that's an indication then..simply atrocious,but then again i have never liked any of his songs.

All of his tracks sound the same now ever since he got that hit with "Wake Me Up" like can he re-invent himself

All of his tracks sound the same now ever since he got that hit with "Wake Me Up" like can he re-invent himself

That's exactly what I was going to write. I loved his sound but now it's pretty tired.

Having a zillion followers means nothing..Artcow has 40 million and can't even sell out a tour. Like Bluejean says, she just needs good music and the rest will follow.

:dead: @ "Artcow"

ANYWAY. I'm not too fond of that new Avicii song either, but then again, I don't see how this could be any indication towards the sound M created together with him. After all, M's the one who gives the songs the direction, so I still have no doubts they could very well end up with something unique and not resembling the usual sound of Avicii's material at all.

I'm reserving judgment about Avicii. I don't like that new track, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have come up with something spectacular. After all, I was excited for the Timbaland tracks after hearing his album and JT's album. But then I was disappointed with the result. I wasn't expecting to like the William Orbit tracks on MDNA, but was pleasantly surprised. So you never know.

His remixes are better? Oh crap that's not good

That's one person's opinion. What's yours?

It's that madgic ingredient, er, MADONNA that will raise Avicii's stuff above predictable anthemic chord changes and Diplo's stuff above an 80s Tetris game - TRUST.

I think his remix of Girl Gone Wild was generic and lazy.

...and, as has been discussed before, completed over the course of one night or something due to time constraints outwith his control. So actually pretty good for what it was.

she just posted another picture saying shes goin to werk

Hmm. She looks like she's all dressed up for a shoot or video.

Someone over on tribe this afternoon mentioned he passed Guy Oseary on his street. He says there was a lot of buzz at her place this afternoon.