New album thread: Madonna thug gangsta rap album

Sounds like she's putting the finishing touches to the album!

Can't wait I really think we could get the first single this year now, with the album following next year!

Happy you've finally decided to join the glass half full crowd here. Though most of us are still hoping for the Album to drop this year.

Sorry (Not Sorry) [sorry], Addicted [i'm Addicted], Two Steps Behind [beat Goes On - Demo]

Do people actually believe this kind of bullshit? Aren't all of these revelations coming from the "fake" Anna Hendstridge who said Madonna was going to cover "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" for the #secretproject?

I guess you didn't get YannBouch's joke :)

Happy you've finally decided to join the glass half full crowd here. Though most of us are still hoping for the Album to drop this year.

I always wanted the album to drop this year!

And I'm sure Madonna and everyone in her camp wanted that too but recording/mixing is STILL happening, so I'm realistic it's too late now for it to drop this year!

I'm hopeful for a 2002-2003 situation.

Die another day (although soundtrack) dropping this fall follower by the full release in spring next year...

The thing is I don't think Madobna would release a single WITHOUT the album fully finished....I don't think she's ever done that before?

So if the album takes another month to complete that puts us at the end of October....will be very tight indeed!

Then there's the video to shoot....ect.

Live to tell was done before true blue album was finished.

I think American Life was still beging finished when DAD was released aswell....?

But both were soundtracks....

It sounds like we could be getting another special edition....many songs are being worked on!

I hope we get 2singles before the album release date!

Actually no.. I just saw the clips.. it's just someone's party and she's there.

Anyway.. I think she should start fucking Diplo! They'd make a great couple hehehe..

But I need this album in my life NOW.

yes i'm all for MaDiplonna!!!

i guess if shes going the conventional promo way this time around, waiting until next year would make sense, cuz it takes time to set up interviews with media outlets, photoshoots, videos, promo things, plan the travel promotion, rehearse for live performances.

something would have leaked by now if she had interviews/performances planned in advance.

Sorry (Not Sorry) [sorry], Addicted [i'm Addicted], Two Steps Behind [beat Goes On - Demo]

Do people actually believe this kind of bullshit? Aren't all of these revelations coming from the "fake" Anna Hendstridge who said Madonna was going to cover "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" for the #secretproject?

Well, she is known to repeat herself, and she recorded/released "Broken (I'm Sorry)."

I feel like the album is coming out this year. The new rules are no rules. This is the digital era, and a record can drop at any time.

I'm sure Interscope, and Live Nation have some U2 type of deal in the works for Madonna, that will guarantee a certain amount of sales and exposure, for them and her. No one over there is wasting their time looking for a particular Tuesday in March to drop her record, just so she can sell a grand total of 300 thousand records in a week. That's old school thinking. ;)

But Guy Oseary is horrible. He treated U2 as a dated band, assuming no one would buy their new album. He pushed them as a free gift attempting to create interest. He treats Madonna as a dated singer too. He doesn't have faith neither in U2 nor Madonna to still be strong and fresh. And if he doesn't take them seriously in that aspect, as a result the promotional strategy is a failure. And how can the general public take U2 seriously after this? Guy needs to realize that even those singers who have been around for decades can still come off as fresh and exciting! He needs to treat Madonna as if she is new!

Madonna may have already made videos. We don't know everything, nor does she reveal everything. I'm thinking whatever she's up to, the album for sure will come out this year.

i doubt she made videos already. we would've heard about it or seen some type of picture taken of her going into a production studio. we get pics of her in clubs and walking down the street and going to the gym, so i doubt her recording a video would be extremely confidential and top secret

Guest CzarnaWisnia

I also think there's a good chance the album might come out this year. I remember when Tori Amos released her latest album, she said, when it had just came out, that these days it was all going much faster and that she was literally just mastering the record two weeks prior. I know she doesn't have the huge Madonna machine around her which, for Madonna, certainly takes more time for organization, promo, etc., but still... I'm hopeful :D

Guest CzarnaWisnia

But Guy Oseary is horrible. He treated U2 as a dated band, assuming no one would buy their new album. He pushed them as a free gift attempting to create interest. He treats Madonna as a dated singer too. He doesn't have faith neither in U2 nor Madonna to still be strong and fresh. And if he doesn't take them seriously in that aspect, as a result the promotional strategy is a failure. And how can the general public take U2 seriously after this? Guy needs to realize that even those singers who have been around for decades can still come off as fresh and exciting! He needs to treat Madonna as if she is new!

that may be so but neither Madonna nor U2 are clueless newcomers who can't make a business decision. U2 went ahead with this promo plan, they got their money and are probably behind it 100%. It's not like GO decided this all by himself. I hope Madonna would not follow the same trick though...

Just realistic. I thought his strategy was brilliant. U2 is a dated band. No matter how good their music is people aren't going to buy their album in large amounts. It's not a matter of not taking them seriously. It's finding another way to get their music out to people. People aren't going to see an artist whose been around for decades the same as a new artist. They just aren't. Everyone knows about the U2 album so I hardly think his promotional strategy is a failure. I hope he comes up with some unconventional strategy for a Madonna release as well although it will probably drive people here crazy because they are still hanging on to the old model.

Guy Oseary knows exactly what he's doing, which is why he's working for Madonna and U2. He knows the business inside and out, and fully respects them as artists, as well as their artistic legacies. Big record sales are great, but both U2 and Madonna are well past their sales peaks. Artistically Madonna can soar as high as she wants too, but she will never sell ROL numbers for an album again. The general audience for pop music, and dance in particular, is young, and they don't care about her like that.

Madonna is always ahead of the curve, and she figured that out years ago, which is why she signed with Live Nation in the first place.

Touring is where the real money in music is made, and she pretty much slays everyone. Every pop star on the planet would trade places with her in a minute. She is where they all want to be. I'm sure Madonna would love to get another U.S number one, but it's not an obsession of hers, the way it is for so many of her forum managers. The fact that this woman still gets number one albums in multiple countries, is absolutely astounding. With the right mix of radio spins, and payola, I have no doubt she can, and will get that number one single...at some point.

I can't wait to see what Guy has in store for her, because the meltdowns will be glorious.;)

http://observer.com/2014/09/madonna-boom-theres-your-party-last-night-nyfw-day-8/

From PopJustice:

"I found a girl at tumblr who sneaked into the Jeremy Scott after party and asked her about Diplo´s Dj-set and the rumored Madonna tracks. This is what she answered:

"They were SO good! They were really danceable, Madonna looked pleased."

He didn't assume no one would buy U2's new album. If you're trying to say Guy Oseary looks at his 2 biggest acts with no faith you're wrong, obviously!
Guy Oseary knows that the money is NOT on buying albums...who the hell sells more then 3 million albums per year now?
Streaming is the present/future...and Guy knows that. People know U2 has a new album.
And what does this promotional strategy has anything to do with Guy Oseary needing "to realize that even those singers who have been around for decades can still come off as fresh and exciting"?
The so called new singers sell like 1 or 2 singles on itunes (which is decreasing in relevance by the day) and barely sell albums or tours and their main fanbase are teens. U2 don't need to have that kind of promotion for sure.
Relevance nowadays it's about tours, streamings, social networks, youtube views, etc...not those 2 million albums sold. Why do you think more and more acts are not even with a record company like Madonna and U2? Because it's secondary for them...it's not important to be affiliated with one.
And one more thing...am i the only one that have a feeling we're gonna have an evolution from the MDNA strategy? The ticket + album think? Maybe turn that into something international? Dunno. They will come up with something i'm sure.