Is Madonna the "Shape shifting dance legend" Billboard is talking about?

Since day one in her career Madonna has been considered a dance diva! Holiday, Get Into The Groove, Music, Hung Up, Dance 2Night, Girl Gone Wild. Hello??

We've moved on to single covers and their origins. And Dance 2Night will never count as a dance chart entry.

That's fine, but it just shocks me how so many people on here are surprised Madonna is being referred to as a Dance Legend.

I must admit, she could get someone to put more effort into some of her single covers!

From Vogue to 4 Minutes, there's no excuse for a cut out image especially when there is a proper video filmed for it!!!!! Vogue could have had a glorious cover!

Artwork is so important! It can define an album, for better or worse! An amazing cover can really stimulate more people to buy it. I know it's meant to be 'all about the music' but that shows a complete lack of understanding how marketing really works.

There are some great images coming out so if she uses some of these, hopefuly it will help get the song up the charts!

Yes. But imagine the tantrum if the single were released now? :chuckle:

Anyway, it's pretty clear the single was rushed and pressed before Madonna filmed one of her best videos.

"We need a cover"

"Put some pic of her showing her bra"

Anyway, it's pretty clear the single was rushed and pressed before Madonna filmed one of her best videos.

Of course, Vogue was not even supposed to be a single. She and Shep wrote it as a B-side to Keep It Together. They thought it was too "dancey" for radio LOL

I like the "Vogue" cover. It wasn't until probably years later that I realized it was from EY. And the yellow and gray text might seem gaudy now, but I can't imagine it any other way! #iconic

I like the "Vogue" cover. It wasn't until probably years later that I realized it was from EY. And the yellow and gray text might seem gaudy now, but I can't imagine it any other way! #iconic

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

My favourite cover of hers..perfection!

Vogue_single_cover.jpg

Anyway...Billboard? I think it's waaay past time you told us more about that clip

computerSkeleton.jpg

The fact that it's very long between the moment Billboard teased us with the snippet and the release of the track must mean the singer takes time to release it or still doesn't give the green light to share more info, and that is very Madonna... Usually with other singers the track would already be all over the net like two days after the preview...

Look when she allowed Timbaland to play a snippet of "4 minutes" at the Jingle Ball it was the 17th December 2007, i remember clearly everyone was excited like we are now because we all thought the track was about to be released or to leak, and in the end nothing happened during 3 months and the hype died a little more each day exactly like it's happening now, finally she released the track the 17th March 2008.

The fact that it's very long between the moment Billboard teased us with the snippet and the release of the track must mean the singer takes time to release it or still doesn't give the green light to share more info, and that is very Madonna... Usually with other singers the track would already be all over the net like two days after the preview...

Look when she allowed Timbaland to play a snippet of "4 minutes" at the Jingle Ball it was the 17th December 2007, i remember clearly everyone was excited like we are now because we all thought the track was about to be released or to leak, and in the end nothing happened during 3 months and the hype died a little more each day exactly like it's happening now, finally she released the track the 17th March 2008.

It's called: TO KILL A MOMENTUM.

I think it was audience research. As far as hype dying for an instrumental clip, I don't believe it. Barely anyone knows about the instrumental track. Even fewer of those know it is believed to be Madonna's track. There was never any momentum with the general public, and I believe the clip was released to get some audience response so they could figure out if it worked or not. Mission accomplished.