New album discussion: VENI VIDI VICI. Recording sessions possibly complete?

Guest Rachelle of London

Demo is probably dirt cheap. It is an area they need to look at for the new release

I'm listening to MDNA on cd in a recording studio and PLEASE FUCKING PLEASE ! Don't let Demo Castillon near the mixing board on the next album. It's criminal what he did. The sound compression is like being underwater, no depth, no subtility, no layers and Madonna's voice is thin, badly vocoded, compressed and almost irritating. He's probably the worst sound engineer ever. We already said it many times on Mnation, Orbit said it too but it can't be said enough though.

Amen

Do you think we should/could join all together and contact Guy O about it or maybe even M via instagram or something ? I mean it's not a fan fantasy or something silly, it's something important and i think M herself would appreciate that we let her know that, she's a person who loves quality in her work and i think this feedback is important for her. The mixing is just not right, we are a lot to say the same, so i think it's still time to let her know by now before the final mixing of the knew album is done. At least we can try, it's a good intention.

How should we pull it off? What do you think?

I didn't know that Will O has complained about the mixing too! I find it so appaling in songs like I'm Addicted. But Madonna is incredibly clever as a musician, i always asume that if the final mix is like that, is because she thinks it's the right choice.

How should we pull it off? What do you think?

I don't know precisely, but all i know is that at least 70% of the fanbase and even non fans who have bought the album agree on the sound mixing being very wrong so maybe someone who speaks english perfectly could write the a letter/email and we could add like a list of all the names who agree so she can see there's indeed something not going right. She's very concerned about the quality of her work and i'm sure she'd appreciate this kind of constructive feedback from her fanbase. After all even William Orbit, who is qualified said the same.

The fact that the mixing of MDNA is not as good as her previous works just confirms what Orbit and others in the know have always said: MDNA was a rushed album. They all wanted to make MDNA the album of the year but obviously it didn't happen because without a real direction and identity it just came across "average" if compared to most of her past albums. Madonna is at a stage in her career in which she can't afford do average... she needs to be brilliant and above the rest. That's exactly why she's Madonna after all. I think the concept of MDNA was better delivered with the tour.

I can't believe they fuc*ed up with the mixing.. especially when we are talking EDM music. That should be a priority after all. And we are also talking about Madonna.. not some nobody at their first offering.

Everything you guys are saying about the mixing is true. Even Gang Bang could have benefited with a different mixing. If you listen to Skin and Gang Bang.. you'll notice how Skin is flawless and the sonic landscape is heaven to the ears... Gang Bang has got a lot going on but the mixing is so amateur it doesn't have the same effect. Same with I'm A Sinner/ Beautiful Stranger as you guys pointed out. i find the level of mixing in music in general today is not as good as it was 10 years so maybe it's something the entire industry should look at to improve the sound.

Definitely, Guy O should be notified about it.

Guest Rachelle of London

The new album thread has now turned into the "let's hate and complain about MDNA again" thread.

At least people are discussing Madonna again. Last week it was the Miley Cyrus thread. Baby steps Jan, baby steps :lmao:

At least people are discussing Madonna again. Last week it was the Miley Cyrus thread. Baby steps Jan, baby steps :lmao:

:laugh: True Chelle. This thread has changed direction so often. Let's not forget that it was also the "how people met their partners and how they have been bullied' thread. :lol: Have to love this forum though. It is like 4 seasons in one day.

Can you guys please explain to me what a mixer does and what role they have in the sound of the music. It's one area I know very little about. If you don't mind. What did Dan do exactly that has pissed everyone off so badly?

What is it that you hear that I don't hear. I love MDNA and it sounds great up loud to my ears. I played it on my IPod at the gym recently and I had an amazing workout to it. It's a really great album to me. I like the harder electronic sound to some of the tracks. I want more of that.

The fact that the mixing of MDNA is not as good as her previous works just confirms what Orbit and others in the know have always said: MDNA was a rushed album. They all wanted to make MDNA the album of the year but obviously it didn't happen because without a real direction and identity it just came across "average" if compared to most of her past albums. Madonna is at a stage in her career in which she can't afford do average... she needs to be brilliant and above the rest. That's exactly why she's Madonna after all. I think the concept of MDNA was better delivered with the tour.

I can't believe they fuc*ed up with the mixing.. especially when we are talking EDM music. That should be a priority after all. And we are also talking about Madonna.. not some nobody at their first offering.

Everything you guys are saying about the mixing is true. Even Gang Bang could have benefited with a different mixing. If you listen to Skin and Gang Bang.. you'll notice how Skin is flawless and the sonic landscape is heaven to the ears... Gang Bang has got a lot going on but the mixing is so amateur it doesn't have the same effect. Same with I'm A Sinner/ Beautiful Stranger as you guys pointed out. i find the level of mixing in music in general today is not as good as it was 10 years so maybe it's something the entire industry should look at to improve the sound.

Definitely, Guy O should be notified about it.

Agreed with everything you said. I also wonder what does "specially mixed for iTunes" mean? Also, her voice is amazing on American Life album.

It used to be about HC, now its MDNA.

It's all about the pent up frustration for a new album. Happens with every prior album upon waiting for the next project. Same thing all the time.

I didn't mind the mixing on MDNA and I do know a little bit about mixing in the studio. Regardless, it was a bit crappy but I think the songs were great.

Jeez can we get some info soon! I'm dying here...

Anyone think it's possible she's working with so many people to gather something amazing...? Like she is just testing the waters with different people...? Doesn't seem likely if they are getting paid though.