Why is RIT her worst tour?

Crystal Coffin

Is it a joke? Madonna's vocals on this tour alone are enough reason to put it in the top 3 M tours of all time. Add to that the amazing first segment, the beautiful AL songs, the reinvented hits... RIT is awesome!

:clap: :clap:

Guest Not4Pussies

ahahahahhaha Ok ...Let's say that it is not my fav ... Before the DWT I saw the Girlie ...and after 7 yrs of no touring I was expecting ...well the RIT lol XOXOXO

haha you know im just joking with you handsome.

you could never do wrong in my book

RIT was the last tour she did not rely on her dancers, the props or the technology for almost every performance.

MDNA obviously was amazingly thought-out and a thrilling visual experience - not only because of the complex choreographies and Madonna herself spreading unrestrained power like she never did before, but also because of the enormous backdrop screens, the lightshows, the lots of dancers etc. all being a crucial part to many performances, rather than serving as the background and only being used to round off the performance.

MDNA certainly was a masterpiece, but it did lack performances with ONLY her being on the stage and doing her thing, no dancers, no backdrop movies, just her. Let it be dancing around and her energy owning the stage (think Nobody Knows Me) or just simply standing there, singing there for a few minutes and maybe playing the (acoustic) guitar as an addition (Nothing Fails, Mother and Father, Frozen). I do miss that and I hope she tries to include a few performances of that manner in her next tours again.

Sorry, but there are too many great things which prevent this tour to be labeled as "the worst"...both the opening and the closing and then there is Vogue, NKM, AL, DAD, Lament, Bedtime Story video, PDP choreography and the energy... In fact there's no such thing as the Madonna's worst tour to be honest. Her worst would probably destroy any other' s greatest.

I was sooooooo disappointed she didn't do Hollywood live! Was looking forward to that! Any other song could have been an interlude! :(

Normally, second singles from the current album are central to the tour, if not the openers, but here Hollywood gets the interlude treatment. Highly unusual.

Different point of view .. Sky Fits heaven/Frozen was my low point as I love the songs but hated them there :)

WHAT? Ban this person :laugh:

VOGUE was everything. The opening was brilliant. But as soon as Frozen started it became quite messy and uneventful... :(

RIT was my first ever show at age 18, it was an unforgettable experience but it definitely fails in comparison with her other tours. I had a much better experience at the S&S - Now that was a SHOW! :thumbsup:

RIT felt too english for my taste... :sneaky:

This should be fun to discuss...

Compared to the previous avant-garde DWT, it almost looked like a high school play. I can't believe that back then many fans actually preferred RIT just because it has the HITS :gross: The costumes were boring, the musical arrangements were LIMP. Contrary to its name, she didn't bring any reinvention...but she gave us the bland country version of LAP! Into the Hollywood Groove was highly offensive...what the hell was THAT?

And of course the ugly military choreography of EY...she also wasted an opportunity to actually reinvent one of her ballads by covering Imagine...God there are so many wrong things about this tour...it's a relief she came back with the classy CT and continued to amaze us with S&ST and MDNA..RIT to me remains a hugely flawed spot in her career...except for the amazing The Beast Within, Vogue and NKM...Frozen was good too, and maybe Mother and Father (with the nice Intervention interlude) but the rest is best forgotten. It's a no wonder even Madonna herself couldn't care less to release a DVD of its full show.

Madonna does not have a worst tour but I can see where your coming from on all those points. I loved it though. I think her "worst" tour (and I say that SO loosely) was her first because since that tour, she has continued to reinvent, grow, and transform herself and what live concert entertainment in pop culture is and has utilized technology and age-old classic taste with a chic edge and constant and a fresh perspective. (Forgive my over explanation, I'm high and on a Madonna high. Gonna watch the tour now actually)

I'd take an SS part II DVD over a reinvention DVD.

Did she ever perform DC4MA on the second leg? That would be my dream setlist.

I don't know. If I'm having people over and want to put on a concert, S&S is definitely the funnest. She should have finished leg 2 with the celebration remix though

It was a good show, but not as good as some other tours. I didn't mind that some of the presentations/arrangements were not as inspired as other tours, either. I wanted to see and hear her perform more of the classic era (Immaculate Collection), so I took it any way she wanted to give it to me. :) But even in doing so many classic tracks, she incorporated five AL tracks (six counting the bit of "Intervention"), tracks not nearly as classic as the biggest ("Hanky Panky," "Deeper and Deeper," "Bedtime Story"), and stray stuff like "The Beast Within" and "Lament," and the "Imagine" cover. Doing those thing was very Madonna.

At the same time, I adored DWT and the tours where she didn't sing nearly as much from the classic era.