Madonna's most overrated album?

horn

Like a Prayer... where are the JAMS!? Apparently its an essential piece of pop iconography, and that's fine, I need some jams.

And COADF has like, 4 songs on it? The CT Live versions are great, but the album itself is like ROL's sleepy, dreary little sister. Not as dancey as it proclaims to be.

And COADF has like, 4 songs on it? The CT Live versions are great, but the album itself is like ROL's sleepy, dreary little sister. Not as dancey as it proclaims to be.

Stop

Right

There

Like a Prayer... where are the JAMS!? Apparently its an essential piece of pop iconography, and that's fine, I need some jams.

Express Yourself and Keep It Together are pretty funky/uptempo. Assuming that's what you mean by "JAMS"? But if that doesn't do it for you, there's always this:

And 4 songs on COADF? What? I think it's slightly overrated, but there's nothing sleepy or dreary about it. Not sure what your definition of "dancey" is, but what you just described is ROL, with literally 4 uptempo songs: ROL, NRM, Skin, and SFH.

Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica

Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica Erotica

I hope you get pubic lice :)

True Blue. Her pinnacle of "80's synth-driven pop". I still love it, but that is about as purified Pat Leonard/Madonna POP as you can get in the 80's. I was happy to see them turn to a slightly darker, and more musically diverse direction with Like A Prayer.

You really think ROL is more dancey than COADF??

This might be controversial, but I would have to say I'm Breathless. I just don't care for the show tune style, I like it when she sticks to modern pop.

I like Ray of Light mostly because it makes me nostalgic for my 6th grade year but it's severely overrated just as Butterfly and The Velvet Rope are. I feel that most transitional or introspective records are vastly overrated anyway.

People like mature content from their pop stars. Makes the star seem more human.

This might be controversial, but I would have to say I'm Breathless. I just don't care for the show tune style, I like it when she sticks to modern pop.

The only thing controversial about that album are fans who insist it's a Madonna studio album instead of a one off soundtrack.

The only thing controversial about that album are fans who insist it's a Madonna studio album instead of a one off soundtrack.

Why do you care so much? :order:

COADF isn't really meant to be a dance record.

Though more than half the album are danceable tracks...

Huh? Meant to be? That was the whole point! I do think it lacks soul/warmth.