Best Video by Jonas Åkerlund/Jean-Baptiste Mondino?

Guest Lum

Best video?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Jonas Åkerlund?

• Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life (Original)
    • Jump
    • Celebration
  2. 2. Jean-Baptiste Mondino?

• Open Your Heart
    • Justify My Love
    • Human Nature
    • Love Don't Live Here Anymore
    • Don't Tell Me
    • Hollywood

They both made some of Madonna's most iconic videos.

So, out of the videos they made, which ones are your FAVORITE? :)

Guest Not4Pussies

Ray of light and human nature. Although it was hard to choose a mondino video. I want another mondino directed video. I know we will get another akerlund video.

I really don't like Akerland's work. Some of her weakest videos. I never get the fuss over Ray of Light. It wasn't original in any way.

I prefer Mondino's work and didn't realise he'd done so many classic ones. I went for Hollywood in the end. I think it's beautiful although the song is meh.

I wonder if anyone will vote for Celebration ....

Guest bluejean

I wanted to vote for LDLHA just to know that happened :chuckle:

It's actually a beautiful video, better than Hollywood, Celebration or Jump imo

Oh, no! Hollywood is glorious in my opinion! But yes, LDLHA is FAR BETTER than Celebration or Jump. In fact, i refuse to think that Jump is a video, to me it's more Madonna making silly things because she bought a new wig and wanted to try it.

Guest bluejean

I like Jump but there's something very rushed and tacky about it. Celebration is just too simple/unoriginal/boring.

Hollywood to me has some nice looks and a nice theme but it's not very interesting. LDLHA is beautifully shot, the backdrop is nice and she looks great. I love the way its presented all in one take.

Guest bluejean

JML is so good. Although I voted OYH. I just think the imagery is better.

But she looks so freaking hot in JML. That bit where he gives her pussy abit of attention as he moves upward between her legs. So hot.

Ameircan life the original video was pretty fab and her last great " event " clip ( song average). I want to know who the he'll directed the flags video:) I also find auckerland pretty average.

For Mondino I say Hollywood ( only because I have a soft spot for guy's photography) but all the others are pretty ace.

Music is a great video, and i never understood all the love for ROL (which is nice, but nothing else) and AL....

Mondino videos are all great....except maybe LDLHLRMBA, quite boring.....it's been hard, but i choose JML

Way too hard to choose a Mondino video. Every single video he's done is pretty fabulous - I even like LDLHA, it maybe a tad dull but it's so full of atmosphere and she looks beautiful! I would have loved him to direct a video for Love Spent!!!

In the end I choose Don't Tell Me because of the impact it had on me as a child - that instrumental scene where hear M and her dancers foot steps - AMAZING!! JML and HM are very very close runners-up

With Jonas I chose American Life as it's such an exciting video! But I do love Ray of Light - I love how perfectly the video reflects the song.

Jump and Celebration on the other hand are total garbage. Jump would've been okay if M left that stupid studio set and went outside. I remember fans justifying the videos by saying "nobody watches music videos anymore so there's no pointing in making a good one" - Just so wrong!

. I remember fans justifying the videos by saying "nobody watches music videos anymore so there's no pointing in making a good one" - Just so wrong!

Yes :chuckle: and all those people screamed with joy when they watched GMAYL, hahaha. Music videos are great and Madonna HAS TO make great music videos. Full stop.

Guest bluejean

I love her performance in GMAYL and its a fun video but its not really up there with the best of them. But I guess compared to Sorry, Jump, Get Together, Give It 2 Me, Celebration and even 4 Minutes it was a return to form in a way.

I do miss all those film type videos she used to do with a narrative etc

I picked Music and Justify.

For some reason, I'm not so much into Jump, but everything else I appreciate . I wish they would have included every single one of her videos on the Celebration DVD!