Liz smith: madonna gaga collaboration?

BoogieWoogie

"What the hell kind of name is Lady Gaga, anyway?!"

That was Madonna, squaring off with Lady G. on "Saturday Night Live" last year, in a segment that should have been much funnier than it was. Both stars did the best they could with the material, but the real sport was simply seeing the two of them together – The Empress of Pop and the current Queen. The media is constantly comparing M and G. And naturally placing Madonna in the "envious older star" category and Gaga as the "image-snatching copycat." But even so, fans of both are dying for the singers to collaborate on something.

"Sources" say there could be a video pairing, like the one Madonna did with Britney Spears and Gaga did with Beyoncé. (Although it might be best if Gaga didn’t kiss Madonna at any point. It’s sort of a pop music urban legend that Madonna and Britney’s kiss at the MTV Awards was the beginning of Britney’s downfall. It was supposed to be Madonna "passing the torch," but the joke is "she sucked the life from her!")

Now, a video or a song is always possible between M and G, but the next bit of gossip? Don’t dress and let’s consider the saltshaker. There’s a rumor that Madonna is planning her own biopic and that she’s chosen Gaga to interpret her life. Ahhhh … first of all, Madonna is one of those always- looking-ahead kind of people. She just turned a youthful 52, and I doubt she’s thinking in terms of biopics or autobiographies. (When she turned 50, I asked her if she’d ever retire. She said, "I will when you do, Liz!" So we agreed to be the last gals standing at the rodeo.)

Second, she’s deep into her directing project – the movie about the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, "W.E." This has consumed her more totally than anything she has ever attempted. Music, videos, her past life, her "rivals" are the last thing on her mind.

Third? Gaga has already been so closely associated with lifting many aspects of Madonna’s image, I don’t think she’d play into that by playing M onscreen.

But stranger things have happened in showbiz (Sly Stallone’s big comeback in "The Expendables!) so we never say never.

Source: Liz Smith column from www.wowowow.com

Thanks to Cam

That is certainly something I hope never ever happens! I despise and hate Gaga for all her vacuous, empty and superficial output into this world. So to have that girl directly linked to Madonna in any project would be a complete nightmare. I keep saying that she's brutally overrated, hyped to the extreme and that her artistic output is her worst feature. She shrouds not only herself, but her entire artistic career in superficial hoopla, of costumes, designer labels, image-building and crazy antics. All her looks, quotes and performances seem like a big "best-of" collection of the cream of the crop in pop music without adding even a single shred of commentary or personal insight. She comes across as dead in photography, no spark with any camera, sexless. She couldn't be further removed from Madonna even if she tried! Madonna has indeed used image and superficial elements as costumes etc, but it was always used to strengthen the concept and the music. With Gaga any sort of conceptual thinking seems to be an after-thought, at best!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that M stays far away from Gaga, cause it can not bring her any good! She needs to focus on her own strength and show the world how it's really done and how she and only she holds the title of Queen of Pop for all eternity (as far as that term has any meaning, seeing as it's shopped around to every pop starlet with 2 hits under her belt these days)

I wouldn't say I am itching for this to happen, but I wouldn't dread it or anything. Since the turn of the century, Madonna has been teaming up with a lot of other stars to increase her exposure (Britters & XTina, Missy Elliot, Timberlake, Pharrell, Ricky Martin, etc).

She doesn't need to, but apparently she wants to. I'm just along for the ride.

I wouldn't say I am itching for this to happen, but I wouldn't dread it or anything. Since the turn of the century, Madonna has been teaming up with a lot of other stars to increase her exposure (Britters & XTina, Missy Elliot, Timberlake, Pharrell, Ricky Martin, etc).

She doesn't need to, but apparently she wants to. I'm just along for the ride.

:thumbsup:

Madonna has been teaming up with a lot of other stars to increase her exposure (Britters & XTina, Missy Elliot, Timberlake, Pharrell, Ricky Martin, etc).

Dont forget Lil Bow Wow. :wacko:

Guest chatty kathy

3038io7.jpg

Well I already know I'm in the minority here,

but I'd like to see the two collaborate on something together.

As far as an autobiography or a film go?

I can't ever see M saying yes to either of those options.

My #1 singer is still and will always be M. :inlove:

But I can and do like Gaga also.

Guest Not4Pussies

Hasn't there been rumblings for couple of months now that there is a rumoured m and gaga collab?? Perez also mentioned it in an interview he gave. Idk how I feel about this. As long as its not me against the music 2

Terrible idea. Any collaboration with Gaga would be seen as desperate by Madonna....way more than any in the past. I don't believe for a second she's even considering it anyway.

The biopic rumor is beyond ridiculous....as is the idea of Gaga playing her. :rotfl:

I remember reading somewhere about someone writing what Madonna thought of LG's new video (alejandro) and Madonna didn't even want to respond. (while she did respond to other questions.. I thought it was Liz who asked, but.. guess not) If I can find the article again I'll post it here..

I remember reading somewhere about someone writing what Madonna thought of LG's new video (alejandro) and Madonna didn't even want to respond. (while she did respond to other questions.. I thought it was Liz who asked, but.. guess not) If I can find the article again I'll post it here..

Yes it was Liz Smith. But we know what Madonna thought of the video, she had INGRID post all about it on twitter.

If i were Gaga i wouldn't work with Madonna. It's as if Madonna in 1985 had worked with Paul McCartney.

Please...if they worked together Madonna would be the one to get all the bad press. Gaga would be fine, she's the one working with a legend. Madonna would be seen as desperate.

Besides, MJ who was the biggest star of the day worked with Paul in '83 and they had a...ahem....MONSTER sized hit :doofus:. I don't ever recall reading anything negative about that collab and MJ...like Gaga....was the hottest star of the time and McCartney....like Madonna....was a legend still scoring his own hits. Of course they were 2 men so the reaction WOULD be a bit different I suppose.