Rumored Greatest Hits Tour - Autumn 2010

jonski43

It always blows my mind away when any diehard Madonna fan says "Please No" to any kind of Madonna tour. When are some going to learn to trust her? Has she ever truly failed you yet? If this info is true (and that's a big "if"), how do you know it's not some kind of mini-tour and then after the new album is released, she'll do another full blown tour to promote the new album in the Spring, Summer, or Fall-Winter of 2011-2012??

I wonder if this relates to the remixes of Holiday, ITG and LAP that were put back for later in the year? It said for UK and Australia - perhaps she's going to do a leg down under too?

I can see how the general audience could think RIT was a GH tour- but then after sitting through the tracks I cited on th prior page, even they would not are classify it as such. :lol: cosmic, you reiterated those points (though not all of AL was on the tour).

I would love to see a tour where she performs some favorite album cuts, or tracks that she has never performed, or not performed a lot. As she showed with DWT, she doesn't need to do a lot of classic, known-by-all hits to put on a great show.

I don't think of RIT as the "GREATEST HITS TOUR", but I do understand why some think of it as one. It's because she performed a number of old songs that weren't performed in a long time and huge hits from her career unlike any of her recent tours which just produce a few hits here and there. And you're right as mentioned in the other thread, the more she performs these old songs again, re-inventing them, it will lose it's appeal from the previous tours such as RIT. For instance, I think INTO THE GROOVE and VOGUE was a great improvement on S&S from when she performed them on RIT. Not that I didn't enjoy them just as much, but it seemed she really put an extra "omph" into those song last time around. But then there was the whole tribal performance of INTO THE GROOVE that really adds interest to that performance again. Of course, I'm speaking from personal reflection.

It always blows my mind away when any diehard Madonna fan says "Please No" to any kind of Madonna tour. When are some going to learn to trust her? Has she ever truly failed you yet? If this info is true (and that's a big "if"), how do you know it's not some kind of mini-tour and then after the new album is released, she'll do another full blown tour to promote the new album in the Spring, Summer, or Fall-Winter of 2011-2012??

:lmao::lmao: You know who was never failed me? YOU Voguer. Yes YOU. And I am so grateful for that.

If she does a stadium tour next time round she needs to make sure the show is on a much grander scale than S&S.

Anyone who was past the half way mark on the pitch or in the seats for S&S couldn't see fuck all. The video screens were

far too small and the catwalk didnt come out far enough. It felt like fans were short changed.

Take That's circus tour was a far more impressive production than S&S. If Take That can do it for £45 pounds a ticket then

why can't Madonna? And in this age of advanced technology she needs to do something a bit more superior with the sound

system. I saw Coldplay at Wembley stadium this summer and the sound was a clear as a bell. It was like being in your living

room with your sound system turned up. WTG and BA at Wembley sounded far better than S&S. Now she is with LN I am expecting

a lot more for a £150 ticket!

If she does a stadium tour next time round she needs to make sure the show is on a much grander scale than S&S.

Anyone who was past the half way mark on the pitch or in the seats for S&S couldn't see fuck all. The video screens were

far too small and the catwalk didnt come out far enough. It felt like fans were short changed.

Take That's circus tour was a far more impressive production than S&S. If Take That can do it for £45 pounds a ticket then

why can't Madonn? And in this age of advanced technology she needs to do something a bit more superior with the sound

system. I saw Coldplay at Wembley stadium this summer and the sound was a clear as a bell. It was like being in your living

room with your sound system turned up. WTG and BA at Wembley sounded far better than S&S. Now she is with LN I am expecting

a lot more for a £150 ticket!

Madonna is with LN for a while now, so why would suddenly something change. The deal started with S&S. Madonna's tickets will always be more expensive because Madonna eats up the most money herself, that's why LN has to safe money at the sound system and other things. But it's not like we are getting a cheap show or something.

Oh nothing is as bad as DWT, lol!

It didn't feel like there was much hits when I was watching TGS especially since some like LAV were rendered unrecognisable, very album track heavy - and I'm Going Bananas(!). Justify My Love was at the time recent and Vogue looked like the next big staple. It's criminal that LAP has been snubbed so much.

Well she won't be doing this when she's 70 will she?

So really she has a good 5-8 years ahead of her to round things up. And in that time she can do 2-3 tours. So there you go.

Why not? She has never been the type who strikes me as simply fading away into obscurity. Not that she has earned that right because she's done enough in her life time that some can only dream of doing. I can understand if she prefer to just call it quite and retire on a deserted island. I'm certain she's thought of it and it only take a life changing event that could change her direction.

That said, I can't see her retiring from the entertainment business. She may not be heard of as common as she is now, but I think she will always find a way to make a grand entrance from time to time if not do more behind the scenes projects and/or write/direct more.

Why not? She has never been the type who strikes me as simply fading away into obscurity. Not that she has earned that right because she's done enough in her life time that some can only dream of doing. I can understand if she prefer to just call it quite and retire on a deserted island. I'm certain she's thought of it and it only take a life changing event that could change her direction.

That said, I can't see her retiring from the entertainment business. She may not be heard of as common as she is now, but I think she will always find a way to make a grand entrance from time to time if not do more behind the scenes projects and/or write/direct more.

I wasn't talking about her going to an island packing it all in. I was referring to her doing what she's doing now at 70 - physically demanding tours, making records on a regular basis etc. I just can't see her working like that anymore, mainly because she has already started to show signs of a waning interest in her career. And also because human physiology is just what it is - she will not be able to do these shows at 70. Fans may not want to accept it, but it's the way it is.

The cracks are there already. The sooner fans accept it the better.

I wasn't talking about her going to an island packing it all in. I was referring to her doing what she's doing now at 70 - physically demanding tours, making records on a regular basis etc. I just can't see her working like that anymore, mainly because she has already started to show signs of a waning interest in her career. And also because human physiology is just what it is - she will not be able to do these shows at 70. Fans may not want to accept it, but it's the way it is.

I think we both are envisioning the same. I didn't assume that you meant that she was going to "pack it in" by retiring to her own island. I was just making a general statement that she's entitled to retiring to a deserted island if she wished. But I just can't see her doing that. I think she loves the spotlight too much to just stop entertaining.

And yeah, there is no way she could tour to the extent she does now, nor do half the things she's doing currently especially from a physical aspect. Then again, she's far more physically active than most fifty year olds. And I suspect she will redefine how physically active 70 year olds can be.

+

Frozen, ROL, Music, Don´t tell me...I know they were new back then, but thet were also hits.M, and HN

yeah Human Nature (HIT? :lmao: ) but the others were like new songs, like the erotica album on the GS, AL on RIT etc so I don't count them.

yeah Human Nature (HIT? :lmao: ) but the others were like new songs, like the erotica album on the GS, AL on RIT etc so I don't count them.

To be fair, while HN may not been a huge radio hit, it got a lot of exposure on MTV. I remember turning on MTV and that song was played all the time. And I'm betting Madonna likes that song because of the message she feels she's sending with the song. I'm sure she feels the same today as she did back then when writing that song.

:lmao::lmao: You know who was never failed me? YOU Voguer. Yes YOU. And I am so grateful for that.

Oh, and likewise. You bring out the best in me.

Guest jamesshot

Touring so often is taking its toll on her voice. S&S was her weakest tour, vocally, since BA. Whatever she does, she needs to really make sure she properly trains vocally for the next tour.

She would make a killing with a tour of nothing but hits. I think she will play it smart and have 2 or 3 legs of the next tour, spreading it out like she did SST. Do 60 shows. Take a break for 6 months. Do 60 more shows. Take another break. Do more. Who knows.

There are so many places she could add next time as well. As much as she has toured, she still hasn't toured many markets much if at all. Though she made impressive progress on the 2nd leg of SST.

Also, I think she will rock it up much more for the next tour. Doesn't mean she will have to stand there and play guitar. Think "Holiday" from WTG as an example of how she could rock out and give a kick ass performance.

I agree, even though she looks great for her age, she is in her 50s and not getting any younger.

With age it's not just the outer beauty but also endurance and strength. I think once she is in her 60s her tours would start to go down in terms of physical demands.

I agree, even though she looks great for her age, she is in her 50s and not getting any younger.

With age it's not just the outer beauty but also endurance and strength. I think once she is in her 60s her tours would start to go down in terms of physical demands.

I hope so.I love her stage force, but a simple concert could be very interesting. she has the stage presence to just sit there and sing and be amazing. and her singing will be better for sure.