Rumored Greatest Hits Tour - Autumn 2010

jonski43

Guest Pud Whacker

Not sure why people are so against a GH tour?

Not that i want one from her now, but if she did one one day, it'd be fun.

Is Madonna ABOVE it or something? i don't get it?

i dont either. everyone always complains that she doesnt do hits that she does the new songs from the albums!!! :lol:

madonna fans are never satisfied. never.

I can't see M doing a tour full of just old songs. Some people saw RIT as a "greatest hits" tour. Sorry, but any tour that includes six American Life tracks (plus a verse from a seventh), plus "The Beast Within," "Hanky Panky," "Deeper and Deeper," "Bedtime Story," "Lament" and "Imagine" ain't no GH tour. She just happened to perform a lot more classic and/or older songs than she had on the Drowned World Tour.

A proper "GH tour" would encompass nothing but big, long-lasting hits.

Guest bluejean

i dont either. everyone always complains that she doesnt do hits that she does the new songs from the albums!!! :lol:

madonna fans are never satisfied. never.

In reality, people complaining about her doing a hits tour would be exclusive to message boards. I can't imagine many of 30,000 people walking out of a show and saying "I'm dissapointed she sang so many big hits. Why didn't she do Bad Girl or Oh Father?"

The biggest indicator was the complaints about Ray Of Light and Hung Up on Sticky on here. 2 recent signature songs, Madonna should never stop doing these songs imo. So 0.001% of fans are sick of them. Well I guess you would be if you went and saw the same show 10 times.

Anyway, a greatest hits tour would be great. But if she does a bunch of new album tracks that will be great too.

Perhaps she can do a Greatest Hits tour for Asia/Australia and afew other places she hasn't been too recently and then revamp the show for Europe/US with new album tracks when the album drops.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

In reality, people complaining about her doing a hits tour would be exclusive to message boards. I can't imagine many of 30,000 people walking out of a show and saying "I'm dissapointed she sang so many big hits. Why didn't she do Bad Girl or Oh Father?"

The biggest indicator was the complaints about Ray Of Light and Hung Up on Sticky on here. 2 recent signature songs, Madonna should never stop doing these songs imo. So 0.001% of fans are sick of them. Well I guess you would be if you went and saw the same show 10 times.

Anyway, a greatest hits tour would be great. But if she does a bunch of new album tracks that will be great too.

A GH tour would make an ABSOLUTE KILLING. So many people would see it.

I could see this being true if there was this mass outcry for Madonna to perform only old songs on her tours and if her shows were bombing, but when every one of your tours has been a sell out smash, I see no reason why she would go down this route.

In fact she is probably one of the only major touring acts that gets away with performing tons of songs of her latest record without getting lots of shit for it.

Guest bluejean

A GH tour would make an ABSOLUTE KILLING. So many people would see it.

I agree. Which is why I wouldn't dismiss these rumours.

Madonna may have cringed once at the thought, but she often changes her mind.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Madonna says a lot of things :rolleyes: some which i'm sure she'd look back on and cringe over. I wouldn't rule out a GH tour. Maybe one day.

Guest Danny86

Isn't this coming from that New Year's eve performance in Brazil she promised?

I'm against a GH tour because she can reinvent the old songs only so much if she tours every other year, and new music is always needed.

A greatest hits tour makes sense. Her hardcore fans will go to see her shows regardless of the setlist and the general public will likely prefer a greatest hits tour. Besides, she has so many hits that a greatest hits tour could be mostly songs that she rarely performs :)

From what I hear...this is happening. It's to coincide with Celebration and is on par with the time she sometimes waits to tour after an album. She will be CELEBRATING the past...and getting the Live Nation deal off to an even better start that she did with S&S. I support this 1000%.

Madonna says a lot of things :rolleyes: some which i'm sure she'd look back on and cringe over.

:demonic:

I think we'd at least get another Reinvention type show - that was billed as a Greatest Hits tour. She has become (slightly) more audience friendly with the interaction during the "requests" segment.

About time "Open Your Heart" was brought back, who cares if it's in a lower key.

I would love to see her regardless of the concept, but I just don't see this happening. If she's going into the studio to make a new record soon, why would she then go on a greatest hits tour in the fall?? Makes no sense.....not to mention the film she's supposed to be doing this year.

She would also never call it a greatest hits tour, which makes me further doubt this rumor. This seems more like a fan fantasy. In any case people would complain, since she would never sing the hits in their original form anyway.

I guess we'll find out soon enough though.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

If she's going into the studio to make a new record soon, why would she then go on a greatest hits tour in the fall??

Yeah i don't understand that either.

Yes, this rumour is actually very possibile. I've heard the same thing after the Sticky show in Milan.

I know..it was already doing the rounds at Bercy..I love the secret faggot information railroad.. :fag:

Guest gloriesbarcelona

:confused:

To focus on great new music would be the best move, but since Live Nation is primarily a group organising events/concerts, I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed her to do so.

She NEVER did a proper GH tour. Say what you want, but most of AL was on RIT, so it WASN'T a GH tour. A REAL GH tour is just full of HITS like Kylie did.

Some fans see it as a GH tour just because DWT was hits/old songs free.

Most of the hits were on GS and BA too but it's not like they are GH tours.

:confused:

To focus on great new music would be the best move, but since Live Nation is primarily a group organising events/concerts, I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed her to do so.

But shouldn't they protect their investment? I dunno, maybe it was quite a coup 4 them having Madonna go on a second leg 4 S&S.

'Cuz that tour already outgrossed the worth of her LN contract..just speculating here. & it is a weird ass contract, doesn't it stipulate somewhere she doesn't owe them any 'specific' amount of records..just those she makes within a 10 year time-span.

NOW,

I'd say if she goes..in the longrun it would b better 4 her 2 return 2 Arena's in Europe. A large part of the general audience

were left dissapointed (u know the crowd that goes 4 Hits & well... cuz it's Madonna) by lack of hits or their curiosity just wore off..they did their 'u have 2 c Madonna once b4 u die & that's that.' . So, LN let's not saturate. Of course I'll b there regardless :fag:

I love the secret faggot information railroad.. :fag:

:lmao:

Anyway, not to add my own useless two cents, but many a fan over at MTRIBE who spoke with Guy Oseary during the 2009 S&S Tour leg said he told the same thing to several people who asked: there would be a new album "probably in the fall of 2010 or early 2011" and the next tour would be to support that album.

That info was as of August though, so who knows. Personally, I like when she does new material, but on the other hand some of her "reinvented" hits have been the best parts of the show lately: "Vogue" on S&S, "Music" on Confessions, and "Burning Up" on Re-Invention (which I don't care what anyone says - it rocked).

Guest Danny86
Anyway, not to add my own useless two cents, but many a fan over at MTRIBE who spoke with Guy Oseary during the 2009 S&S Tour leg said he told the same thing to several people who asked: there would be a new album "probably in the fall of 2010 or early 2011" and the next tour would be to support that album.

Yeah, this is the same rumor resurrected coz it's slow news period. And like I said, the Brazil performance did start another tour speculation 2 months ago.

Hmm, I'm fairly sure Madonna wouldn't embark on a new tour if she didn't have a proper album to base it on. And now assuming this gossip is true and we have a GH tour do you think this means she won't bring out a new album in the foreseeable future? If so, this will suck. I'm not fond of tours not backed by albums. I love the novelty factor on her tours and the feeling that one participates in something current (it was great to listen to Celebration played by Oakenfold live while it was in full rotation on the radio). In my opinion she should resort to GH tours in her later years - she's now too young for this.

S&S 3rd leg? :1251:

actually that makes more sense than a GH tour right now...I´m sure she´ll do it sometime, the GH tour, but not yet...and the S&S´s third leg, with madonna going to australia, japan...actually makes sense, with a few songs changed...