A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

Official myspace page banner

header.jpg

Like a Virgin, Lucky Star, Holiday, La Isla Bonita. Can anyone spot anyhthing else in that image?

Are you for real?The cover was premiered on MADONNA.COM, it's totally official.Hello?

Actually, Madonna.com never stated that it was the cover. Yes, they mentioned who designed the cover and yes, they provided artwork which we presume is the cover, but Madonna.com never stated it was the cover. But I understand why we would assume it is the cover, being it was tied to the article.

NOTE: I am not saying that it isn't the cover. I'm just pointing out that there was no real official statement that it IS the cover. ;)

Like a Virgin, Lucky Star, Holiday, La Isla Bonita. Can anyone spot anyhthing else in that image?

Inside the MADONNA lettering, there are small type-face lyrics to:

Miles Away

Take A Bow

You Must Love Me

Actually, Madonna.com never stated that it was the cover. Yes, they mentioned who designed the cover and yes, they provided artwork which we presume is the cover, but Madonna.com never stated it was the cover. But I understand why we would assume it is the cover, being it was tied to the article.

NOTE: I am not saying that it isn't the cover. I'm just pointing out that there was real official statement that it IS the cover. ;)

(A copy of the cover image of the “Celebration” CDs and DVDs is attached)

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/a-celebr...er-28th-release

;)

(A copy of the cover image of the "Celebration" CDs and DVDs is attached)

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/a-celebr...er-28th-release

;)

I didn't deny that the image is attached to the article. My point is that the article didn't state that it was the cover. Just mentioned who did the artwork, and we just assume that is the album cover. And I am not saying it isn't. I'm just stating that technically there was no mention that it's the cover.

header.jpg

The Patty Duke Show - The Complete First Season is also released on the same day.

u84090eyksq.jpg

Edited by Live It Up

I didn't deny that the image is attached to the article. My point is that the article didn't state that it was the cover. Just mentioned who did the artwork, and we just assume that is the album cover. And I am not saying it isn't. I'm just stating that technically there was no mention that it's the cover.

But dude, that was the mention. That was the confirmation that it was the official cover. Plus, if it wasnt the official cover, then Liz Rosenberg shouldnt have sent out a hi-res version to media outlets

Guest Danny86

I guess it has to be spelled out.

This is a QUOTE FROM MADONNA.COM:

The cover for “Celebration” was created by street pop artist “Mr. Brainwash” who is best known for “throwing modern cultural icons into a blender and turning it up to eleven.” (A copy of the cover image of the “Celebration” CDs and DVDs is attached)

Anyway, whoopie, where do you see "La Isla Bonita", lyrics, I can't spot them.

:nocomment: :nocomment: :nocomment:

Guest dicktracy
Found on Fanzine, this is most likely NOT OFFICIAL, FAKE FAKE FAKE etc, but the tracklist seems to be very plausible to me, except "Cherish" & "TUTBMP" being replaced by "YMLM" and "Miles Away":

MADONNACELEBRATEREAROFFICIAL.jpg

Very good tracklist. Only major loss is Open Your Heart. But with this tracklist I could definitely see Disc 1 being a very decent single-disc GH, all of the albums represented and most of her iconic songs are there.

Speaking of the cover.. I fucking love it

it's so much more than a simple photo shoot could have ever been.. its timeless and classic and fits in so well with the catalog

it's possibly the best M album cover of all time in terms of artistic value.. i cant stop looking at it, there are so many layers. the choice of pic and hairstyle, the tip of the hat to the Sex Pistols punk era, her obsession with Marilyn and her friend Andy Warhol

i just can't imagine how it could have been any better except if Gilbert and George had done the artwork

she's certainly got her groove back since the divorce

love you M.. #1!!

header.jpg

At least this settles the argument about it being a Greatest Hits compilation too as some people here have been adament about it not being one and it is retrospective instead. I wonder if that will affect the tracklisting - obviously, they will have to be flexible with the term otherwise it will be very 80s heavy and most of the 90s and 00s wouldn't be represented if it just followed the US chart placings! :dramatic:

Anyway, whoopie, where do you see "La Isla Bonita", lyrics, I can't spot them.

you can see em in the top left hand corner

yea, its very hard to see, but you will see them. just keep staring, even if your eyes hurt.

But dude, that was the mention. That was the confirmation that it was the official cover. Plus, if it wasnt the official cover, then Liz Rosenberg shouldnt have sent out a hi-res version to media outlets

Could very well be promotional! Remember the promotional image that came out when "Confessions..." was starting to get press? That wasn't the cover of the album.

But anyway, I'm not saying it isn't the cover. It's logical to think it's the cover based on what they said. I'm just putting a "what if" factor to it? :)

At least this settles the argument about it being a Greatest Hits compilation too as some people here have been adament about it not being one and it is retrospective instead. I wonder if that will affect the tracklisting - obviously, they will have to be flexible with the term otherwise it will be very 80s heavy and most of the 90s and 00s wouldn't be represented if it just followed the US chart placings! :dramatic:

But isn't a GREATEST HITS "retrospective"? I'm not sure if I'm following what you mean?

I've been thinking about this all day -- is it just me or does it sound, slightly, as if they will be using the DVD of music videos as an excuse to highlight some of her visual works without directly having them as contributions to the CD portion?

SOunds like a surefire way to maximize catalog highlights, if you ask me ("American Life" being a key example -- great video, but skip the song).

Guest Danny86
I've been thinking about this all day -- is it just me or does it sound, slightly, as if they will be using the DVD of music videos as an excuse to highlight some of her visual works without directly having them as contributions to the CD portion?

SOunds like a surefire way to maximize catalog highlights, if you ask me ("American Life" being a key example -- great video, but skip the song).

I guess so, let's hope "Human Nature" only appears on the DVD. :p

I think the more important question is: how many videos is it going to contain? These pop artist DVDs usually have only around 15-20 videos, right? That would be quite cheap, considering she has more than 50 videos... :confused:

HN probably will be on the CD (even though it's not one of her best tracks). Hopefully it will be the non-clean version (as it was on the BS album).

Whitney Houston's DVD had 23 clips (plus bonus), and Pat Benatar's Choice Cuts had 29. They could always make it a double DVD, no?

gemini, people were screaming "fan-made" over that back cover that listed the tracklisting.

The album/DVD cover is the one with the Warhol-like design of Madonna.

ahh ok . thanks HOLiday GUY. :thumbsup:

HAS ANYONE POSTED THIS YET ?

Madonna's "Celebration" Press Release

Sylar

7 Comments » A “Celebration” Of Madonna Music - The Ultimate Greatest Hits Collection September 28th Release

July 22, 2009 - For Immediate Release (Burbank, California) Madonna, who has racked up a record 37 top 10 hits as well as seven No. 1 albums (including her last four) on the Billboard Pop Charts, has given her fans yet another opportunity to “celebrate” her musical achievements. Today, Warner Bros. Records officially confirmed the September 28th release of “CELEBRATION” – the ultimate compilation of Madonna songs. The songs on “Celebration” have all been remastered and selected by Madonna and her fans. They cover the expanse of the Material Girl’s extraordinary career of hits including “Everybody,” “Express Yourself,” “Vogue” and “4 Minutes.” “Celebration” will be available in a two-CD set as well as a single CD. There will also be a “Celebration” DVD released simultaneously which includes the video visionary’s best videos including several that have never before been available on DVD.

“Celebration,” the CD will also include two new songs that were recently recorded in New York City. The first single, also titled, “Celebration,” co-produced by Madonna and Paul Oakenfold, will be released August 3rd. A video for the single, which will be included on the “Celebration” DVD was just filmed in Milan, Italy and was directed by long time Madonna collaborator Jonas (“Ray of Light”) Akerlund. Several dance club remixes of “Celebration” are headed to the clubs on July 24th. The song will also be available on CD and vinyl maxi. Radio will receive the “Celebration” single on August 3rd.

The cover for “Celebration” was created by street pop artist “Mr. Brainwash” who is best known for “throwing modern cultural icons into a blender and turning it up to eleven.”

Madonna, a multi Grammy award winning singer, writer and producer has had over 12 No. 1 singles and has a record-smashing 39 No. 1 singles on Billboard’s Hot Dance Club Songs Chart – by far the most of any artist in the over 30 year history of the list.

Source: Madonna.com

Guest charger

i just googled for madonna celebration official tracklisting and found several websites with the same official listing. they included american life and excluded who's that girl. i'm using my phone to type this, or i would list all the tracks. i've seen several different tracklistings, but the one listed on the website music is the heart of our soul seems to be the one i'm seeing as official. anyone know if they are fakes too?

Correction: she was asked if she "regretted doing the song," and her response, specifically was "no, no not at all" (which is pretty in line with her "no regrets" attitude and nothing more).

NOWHERE did she say anything about the quality of it.

True, but as the question about AP followed ones in which she discussed leaving tracks off GHV2 because she didn't like them or thought they they weren't sung well or produced well etc. etc., it can be inferred that she was affirming her like for the song (i.e. she was quick to point out why this particular track was left off GHV2, and that was because it had appeared on "Music", which she actually admitted to regretting, in contrast to recording the song itself, which she confirmed that she did not regret.).

Jo: 'This Used to Be My Playground' that's not on there. 'Fever' is not on there...

Madonna: Oh, I like 'Fever' alright. But the thing is they had to have listening power for me. I had to be able to listen to them five times in a row and think this is really good, this is a well written song, it's really well produced. I can honestly say not all my songs have been, some are better than others, that's all there is to it. So the ones that I thought really stood the test of time, in terms of well written, well produced, well sung, those are the ones that made it.

Jo: 'American Pie' is not on there, what was the reason for that?

Madonna: The reason why is because I ended up putting it on my album, 'Music', at the end. It was sort of one of those things, a certain record company executive twisted my arm into doing, we won't name any names. My gut told me not to do it, and I did it and then I regretted it so just for that reason it didn't deserve to get on 'GHV2'.

Jo: You regretted doing the song?

Madonna: No not at all. But it didn't really belong on my album, but I did it and therefore it's being punished, it's not allowed on GHV2.

I love the album cover. The only thing negative I can say is that it's so era specific for a compilation spanning her entire career. I like the other Mr. Brainwash pics too. It would be cool if he did pics for all her major looks to be included in the booklet. I am thrilled to hear about the dvd. Hopefully the only videos omitted her the ones consisting of clips like ITG of which there aren't many. Also, the real American Life video over the flags one. I would love to have Madonna commentary for each video, but seeing that it is highly unlikely, I think a trivia track for all the vids would be a great special feature.

True, but as the question about AP followed ones in which she discussed leaving tracks off GHV2 because she didn't like them or thought they they weren't sung well or produced well etc. etc., it can be inferred that she was affirming her like for the song (i.e. she was quick to point out why this particular track was left off GHV2, and that was because it had appeared on "Music", which she actually admitted to regretting, in contrast to recording the song itself, which she confirmed that she did not regret.).

I think you're reaching. Seriously.

Until Madonna herself says that she physically LIKED her cover of "American Life," I ain't biting. Even William Orbit has disdain for it.

Are you for real?The cover was premiered on MADONNA.COM, it's totally official.Hello?

easy dude. all i did was ask a question, AND i told you why i was confused...

some were saying fanmade and some saying real. chill out dingo.

I think you're reaching. Seriously.

Until Madonna herself says that she physically LIKED her cover of "American Life," I ain't biting. Even William Orbit has disdain for it.

She implied that she didn't like some of her songs because they weren't as good as others, then she refused to say which ones they were, then was asked specifically about several songs - she ignored the comment about TUTBMP, said that she liked Fever and gave a very specific reason why AP was not included on GHV2. Others are claiming that based on this, she dislikes TUTBMP and I'd say that based on the evidence, this is a more logical assumption than the one that she dislikes AP. As for WO's opinion of it, what does that have to do with Madonna's? Do you need to hear Madonna comment on each of her recordings to know whether she likes them or not?