A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

this i like, and it should be this way

but PLEASE leave q-sound off this compilation

If they're using the TIC version of ITG as the teaser suggested, I suppose it will be remastered - with the Q sound removed, so an update of the TIC version :electropop:

IIRC the YCD versions, with a couple of exceptions :nocomment:, were virtually interchangeable with the originals - or at least very subtly mixed

We could probably make a few guesses of songs that are on there going by her setlist, of course - the fact that YMLM and Miles Away appear in that text as was said bolsters their chances.

Presumably Open Your Heart will be on it, since it's again given a nod on tour - same with Dress You Up.

Though just because she performed something recently (Hanky Panky) doesn't mean it will make the cut

Who's that girl will most likely be on it, without a doubt

I really hope so.

It seems the record company press release about the album really stressed about her 12 USA number ones.

I have a feeling that they will all be included.

This would include Whos that girl.

Fingers crossed!

Too bad they can't draft better press releases. Ah well...

Releases sound pretty good, otherwise.

Why does it say she has OVER 12 #1s? :crazy:

That press release was sloppy for sure, but heigh ho. I was just excited to see it.

I don't think any songs that were big hits for other before before her should be on the compilation. APie is not an essential part of the Madonna catalog- neither really is DCFMA. She sings it fine, but... and, the Miami Mix is fun and dancey, but, also not essential. Neither really contributed anything to her artistic personality.

And, loom- yah, how moronic to say "over 12"- more than a dozen would have sounded better, even if it wasn't clear what they were referring to.

Why don't we just compete to create the WORST track listing of it? :manson:

My entry.

Disc 1

1. "Crimes of Passion"

2. "Like a Prayer" (TIC version, with an even longer length)

3. "Love Makes the World Go Round" (live from Live Aid)

4. "Into the Groove" (fake demo)

5. "The Look of Love" (NOT remastered)

6. "We Are the Gods"

7. "Supernatural"

8. "Cherish" (live from Blond Ambition Tour)

Disc 2

1. "Hey You" (studio version)

2. "One More Chance"

3. "The Power of Good-Bye" (live from EMAs)

4. "4 Minutes" (live from Roseland Ballroom promo)

5. "Celebration" (dub version)

6. "Revolver" (feat. 'Lil Wayne, with some additional vocals by 'Lil Kim)

7. "Rain"/"Here Comes the Rain Again"

8. "Hey You" (live version from Live Earth)

Sorry, I just can't stand the tension no more. :vomit:

fucking hilarious! :rotfl:

Guest Danny86
My feeling is that TUTBMP and "You'll See" and "I'll Remember" were on the STR compilation, so she favored ballads that weren't included there, or else she picked the biggest (i.e., "Take a Bow") for inclusion on GHV2. "Power of Good-bye," "Frozen," "Drowned World / Substitute for Love," "Don't Cry for Me, Argentina" -- even WIFLFAG -- all got included. If you combine those with other GHV2 tracks that are somewhat mid-tempo ("Secret" and "Bedtime Story" come to mind) and then add TUTBMP, You'll See, and I'll Remember, it would have practically been another ballad collection.

All this is to say, I wouldn't read TOO much into her decision not to include TUTBMP, You'll See, and I'll Remember on the last GH outing. One of those three should definitely show up on CELEBRATION, if not two of them. Three might be pushing it, I suspect.

Once I tried out a "proper" GHV2 playlist without the flops but with the ignored ballad hits included, and it was indeed feeling like an extended STR. GHV2 got a lot of criticism for not having a proper chronological tracklist but I think that helped it to flow better.

As for those 3 ballad hits you mentioned, I really don't think they will be included now. We all know Madonna is into dance music now and while she can't avoid to include certain slower tracks/ballads ("LTT", "CFY", "Frozen"...), those 3 really seem to be written out of her history, she always ignores that era in live performances (most of the pre-Evita 90s actually), so I'm sure she's gonna choose her own favourite recent (dance) tracks over those "real" ballad hits. "Take A Bow" & "You Must Love Me" are going to represent the "ballad years" in my opinion.

I don't think any songs that were big hits for other before before her should be on the compilation. APie is not an essential part of the Madonna catalog- neither really is DCFMA. She sings it fine, but... and, the Miami Mix is fun and dancey, but, also not essential. Neither really contributed anything to her artistic personality.

I agree HG!! "You Must Love Me" would be the exception since it was written specifically for her for the movie. Though, I am not sure it's really a song that has made a huge impact on her catalog. I prefer they add as many of the older songs that weren't as big hits such as "Burning Up" and "Everybody". These songs also fit the theme of the album being it's called "Celebration".

Once I tried out a "proper" GHV2 playlist without the flops but with the ignored ballad hits included, and it was indeed feeling like an extended STR. GHV2 got a lot of criticism for not having a proper chronological tracklist but I think that helped it to flow better.

As for those 3 ballad hits you mentioned, I really don't think they will be included now. We all know Madonna is into dance music now and while she can't avoid to include certain slower tracks/ballads ("LTT", "CFY", "Frozen"...), those 3 really seem to be written out of her history, she always ignores that era in live performances (most of the pre-Evita 90s actually), so I'm sure she's gonna choose her own favourite recent (dance) tracks over those "real" ballad hits. "Take A Bow" & "You Must Love Me" are going to represent the "ballad years" in my opinion.

You're probably right... Although just a quick note that she did perform "You'll See" a handful of times on the DWT. I've only ever seen it on YouTube, because she performed "Gone" the night I saw her. So, that says to me that, of the three I mentioned, "You'll See" would probably get the nod. (You're right -- "Take a Bow" has to be there. It was one of her most successful U.S. radio hits in the number of weeks it spent at number one. "You Must Love Me" might get on there to represent EVITA, but "You'll See" is from the same era and features her writing involvement, whereas YMLM doesn't. If DCFMA and APie are excluded because they're not "her" songs, YMLM would have to be excluded for the same reasons. Though, Material Girl, Like a Virgin, Holiday, etc., ALSO are not written by Madonna, so... by that reasoning, nothing can really be ruled out. Until we're holding CDs in our hands that have the final printed listing, I suppose!)

Guest Danny86
You're probably right... Although just a quick note that she did perform "You'll See" a handful of times on the DWT. I've only ever seen it on YouTube, because she performed "Gone" the night I saw her. So, that says to me that, of the three I mentioned, "You'll See" would probably get the nod. (You're right -- "Take a Bow" has to be there. It was one of her most successful U.S. radio hits in the number of weeks it spent at number one. "You Must Love Me" might get on there to represent EVITA, but "You'll See" is from the same era and features her writing involvement, whereas YMLM doesn't. If DCFMA and APie are excluded because they're not "her" songs, YMLM would have to be excluded for the same reasons. Though, Material Girl, Like a Virgin, Holiday, etc., ALSO are not written by Madonna, so... by that reasoning, nothing can really be ruled out. Until we're holding CDs in our hands that have the final printed listing, I suppose!)

Yeah, I think it was 10-12 DWT shows where she did "YS" but quickly changed back to "Gone", on the DVD and at the several last shows it was "Gone" as well. "I Want You" was considered/rehearsed for the DWT though...

But maybe she thinks "TAB" & "YS" are too similar? "YS" will be definitely ignored on the DVD because it recycles "TAB" footage, that's for sure. "TAB" has a bad rep among her hardcore fans, but no way Warner would allow that one to be left out, so I can see Madonna not wanting any more of these big ballads to take space.

I used to think writing credit mattered to her, but now she's enjoying herself with "Dress You Up" and "You Must Love Me" on tour, so I guess it's not really an argument anymore... I do think "YMLM" will be included because it's being performed on tour now.

Wouldn't it be great if they actually do a "dance" complilation. Like maybe the 7"remixes of the old stuff and slightly tweaked-remixed versions of the newer songs. I mean, we already have Something to Remember with all the ballads.

Like maybe...

CD1

1. Everybody 7"

2. Burning Up remix edit

3. Borderline 7"

4. Lucky Star 7"

5. Like a Virgin

6. Material Girl - Stuart Price mix

7. Into the Groove - the mix used for Into the Hollywood Groove minus the Hollywood and Miss E

8. Love Don't Live Here Anymore - Hothouse mix edit

9. Open Your Heart - a new mix

10. Who's that Girl - a new mix

11. Causing a Commotion - a new mix

12. Like a Prayer - Shep's Promo mix edit

13. Express Yourself - video mix

14. Keep it Together 7"

15. Vogue - Sticky and Sweet mix

16. Erotica - Confessions mix edit

17. Deeper and Deeper - a better mix than the official ones which were all kinda bland

CD2

18. Secret - Junior single mix

19. Bedtime Story - Junior single mix

20. Ray of Light - Sasha mix edit

21. Frozen - Sticky and Sweet mix

22. Nothing Really Matters - again a new mix because the official ones were bland

23. Music - Sticky and Sweet mix

24. Don't Tell Me - some other mix again because the official ones were bland

25. What it Feels like for a Girl - Calderone Quayle mix edit

26. American Life - Peter Rauhofer's American Anthem part 2 edit

27. Hollywood - Stuart Price mix but include all the lyrics

28. Hung Up - alternate mix

29. Sorry - I liked the album version of this

30. 4 Minutes - Sticky and Sweet mix

31. Give it to Me - radio edit

32. Celebration

33. Revolver?

34. Bonus track

I know, I'm dreaming....

Yeah, I think it was 10-12 DWT shows where she did "YS" but quickly changed back to "Gone", on the DVD and at the several last shows it was "Gone" as well. "I Want You" was considered/rehearsed for the DWT though...

But maybe she thinks "TAB" & "YS" are too similar? "YS" will be definitely ignored on the DVD because it recycles "TAB" footage, that's for sure. "TAB" has a bad rep among her hardcore fans, but no way Warner would allow that one to be left out, so I can see Madonna not wanting any more of these big ballads to take space.

I used to think writing credit mattered to her, but now she's enjoying herself with "Dress You Up" and "You Must Love Me" on tour, so I guess it's not really an argument anymore... I do think "YMLM" will be included because it's being performed on tour now.

Also YMLM is short (could fit on and not take much space) and an oscar winning song too.

Also I think because DCFMA was released by other artists YMLM is HER Evita song - she didn'y write it but she owns it if you know what I mean.

^Why do people claim that Madonna's not a fan of American Pie? She was asked specifically why she didn't include it on GHV2 and she said that she was punishing it for allowing herself to be talked into including it on Music, but when questioned further, she added that this did not mean that she didn't like her version - she actually said that she did like it.

Correction: she was asked if she "regretted doing the song," and her response, specifically was "no, no not at all" (which is pretty in line with her "no regrets" attitude and nothing more).

NOWHERE did she say anything about the quality of it.

Guest Pud Whacker
Correction: she was asked if she "regretted doing the song," and her response, specifically was "no, no not at all" (which is pretty in line with her "no regrets" attitude and nothing more).

NOWHERE did she say anything about the quality of it.

she did it, it was released, a lot of people dug it and thats the end of it. no need for it to be anywhere. :lol:

Wouldn't it be great if they actually do a "dance" complilation. Like maybe the 7"remixes of the old stuff and slightly tweaked-remixed versions of the newer songs. I mean, we already have Something to Remember with all the ballads.

Like maybe...

CD1

7. Into the Groove - the mix used for Into the Hollywood Groove minus the Hollywood and Miss E

:lmao::blink::vomit:

she did it, it was released, a lot of people dug it and thats the end of it. no need for it to be anywhere. :lol:

I think William Orbit said recently that doing it was a mistake.

Even tho it was a UK and European smash hit I dont think it belongs on this collection.

Yes, I hope the greedy bytch doesn't want a bigger slice of the publishing rights. :americanlife: I'm thinking some of the songs not penned by her penned may be a casualty. :nocomment: Not the iconic ones like Material Girl, but the ones she can "afford" to leave off.

And You'll See should be on the UK tracklisting in terms of how big it was. At the time it was her biggest single for ages and her first to solidly hang around the top 10 after the flops of the BS/backlash era. It made the top 40 best selling singles of its year. Then again, it also was what propelled ballard collection STR to a nice sale in the UK too and you could argue the case for it to stay there. The 90s are gonna be so ballad swamped. :dramatic:

And TUTBMP as well :lol:

the way i see it, You'll See will be included. And it's either TUTBMP or I'll Remember, not both. I betcha any money Warner is having a hard time deciding between those 2 tracks

Madonna: "When did i do this, "I'll Remember?"

the way i see it, You'll See will be included. And it's either TUTBMP or I'll Remember, not both. I betcha any money Warner is having a hard time deciding between those 2 tracks

Madonna: "When did i do this, "I'll Remember?"

I think it will not be You'll See but IR and TUTBMP instead.

I think the problem for M and WB is that all these ballads may affect the flow of the album . I guess time will tell.

Madonna is known for many things, and her ballads are one of them

Very true. And here in the UK You'll See really did change her chart fortunes. It stuck around the charts for a while , got played on radio and really promoted Something to remember well. I'd like to see You'll see there but I guess it might be left off because of the connection with Take A Bow. Ideally the UK would have a different tracklisting to the US. I guess this would help sell more too - I mean I'd want the US and UK versions so would buy both, plus the single disk versions, plus the DVD! I better stop ....I'm talking myself out of all my money :scared:

I think that liking American Pie shows a general lack of taste and people that like it are SHIT Madonna fans. THERE I SAID IT

Your opinion!! But if we're going to get technical here, "American Pie" managed to chart #29 on the U.S. Billboard Charts and #1 on the Club/Dance charts without even a single release in the U.S. So I suspect that if it did get a release in the U.S., it would have charted much better. The rest of the world did get a release and it went #1 across the globe. So I do see a place for it on the collection, but I will agree it's not really significant to her career to do so.

so that cover is official ???? im confused. some are screaming FANMADE and some

imply REAL. if the madonna myspace has it , then..................??? :confused:

Are you for real?The cover was premiered on MADONNA.COM, it's totally official.Hello?