A "Celebration" Of Madonna Music

Guest Borderline

I don't know if this has been posted but apparently this is the artwork for the single celebration:

2292.jpg

source madonna electronica:

http://www.madonna-electronica.com/cgi-bin...gi?id_news=2292

(awaiting confirmation by Warner)

oh that is soooo fucking fake

and as someone previously mentioned, its poorly made

the lip, eye shadow, and hair coloring is NOT supposed to mix into the background. That's a big no no with this kind of art.

Secondly, whoever made it needs to buy a Photoshop How-To book, when you do this effect, you dont use a halftone pattern, you wont achieve anything. It makes your image b&w(though you want it b&w) and all it does is lay a pattern over the image. It doesnt give you a real color halftone pattern!

There will also be a “Celebration” DVD released simultaneously which includes the video visionary’s best videos including several that have never before been available on DVD..

Hopefully AMERICAN LIFE (non-flag version) finally sees the light of day on this release! :dramatic:

BTW...album cover is everything!!!

Guest ursaminorjim
Hopefully AMERICAN LIFE (non-flag version) finally sees the light of day on this release! :dramatic:

It probably will be, but fuck that noise - I want "Erotica!" :D

Both would be great! Did Justify My Love get a DVD single release or just the VHS?

I wish people would stop photoshoping Madonna's face on generic stick thin models. It looks so shit and stands against everything she is, ie genuine allure and sexuality.

Agreed. I remember Robster always plopping Madonna's head on some stupid model's body. He's a very talented guy, but his Madonna stuff never looks/ed right.

As mentioned, I love the concept, but I really don't find the cover too flattering. And it's amazing that certain fans are able to produce something more outstanding. This is what I'm talking about...

PHOTO_4635207_119720_8407001_main.jpg

This is SO "Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel" :confused:

Did Justify My Love get a DVD single release or just the VHS?

DVDs didn't exist in 1990 and they haven't bothered to do a DVD of some of her old stuff like the Madonna video or of course Virgin tour. Doubt JML had a laserdisc release, but I suppose TIC did. Papa Don't Preach was released on the CD video format.

I bought the videos of "Erotica", "Deeper & Deeper" and "Everybody" from iTunes. :erotica: Some of them have been pulled now I see, but "Dear Jessie" is still on the UK iTunes. I liked that some of the unreleased videos were at least on iTunes. Shame there was no True Blue. :demonic:

A “Celebration” Of Madonna Music - The Ultimate Greatest Hits Collection September 28th Release

July 22, 2009 - For Immediate Release (Burbank, California) Madonna, who has racked up a record 37 top 10 hits as well as seven No. 1 albums (including her last four) on the Billboard Pop Charts, has given her fans yet another opportunity to “celebrate” her musical achievements. Today, Warner Bros. Records officially confirmed the September 28th release of “CELEBRATION” – the ultimate compilation of Madonna songs. The songs on “Celebration” have all been remastered and selected by Madonna and her fans. They cover the expanse of the Material Girl’s extraordinary career of hits including “Everybody,” “Express Yourself,” “Vogue” and “4 Minutes.” “Celebration” will be available in a two-CD set as well as a single CD. There will also be a “Celebration” DVD released simultaneously which includes the video visionary’s best videos including several that have never before been available on DVD.

“Celebration,” the CD will also include two new songs that were recently recorded in New York City. The first single, also titled, “Celebration,” co-produced by Madonna and Paul Oakenfold, will be released August 3rd. A video for the single, which will be included on the “Celebration” DVD was just filmed in Milan, Italy and was directed by long time Madonna collaborator Jonas (“Ray of Light”) Akerlund. Several dance club remixes of “Celebration” are headed to the clubs on July 24th. The song will also be available on CD and vinyl maxi. Radio will receive the “Celebration” single on August 3rd.

The cover for “Celebration” was created by street pop artist “Mr. Brainwash” who is best known for “throwing modern cultural icons into a blender and turning it up to eleven.”

Madonna, a multi Grammy award winning singer, writer and producer has had over 12 No. 1 singles and has a record-smashing 39 No. 1 singles on Billboard’s Hot Dance Club Songs Chart – by far the most of any artist in the over 30 year history of the list.

Where is this info from? I asked a D/VJ I know about it and he said the part about it hitting the clubs today (the 24th) is a rumor.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
This is just ugly!

It is :lol:

The images aren't flattering and her clothes are very Momsy.

The tracklisting is fucked too.

The full Erotica video, not that 4 minute edit bullshit

I want the full length 5:12 video (i think thats the 5 minute length..)

What would be even better is if they included the "x-rated" nudie version.

Here's what the people at MTV have to say.

As of now, NOTHING has been posted on the official MTV.com site...... :rollseyes:

BUT, here is what MTV Buzzworthy had to say (just a small tidbit):

Buzz Bites (7/23/09): ANOTHER GREATEST HITS CD FROM MADONNA? PERFECT!

+ Madonna's almost-former label Warner Bros. just announced that her fourth compilation CD, Celebration, will be released on September 28th. This will be the last commitment she has to fulfill with Warner and a video for the song "Celebration" will also be released soon. (Madonna.com)

They even posted this beautiful photo:

madonna_1984.jpg

And here's what the dreadful MTV Newsroom Blog had to say:

Madonna Teams With Lil Wayne On New Compilation?

Posted 7/23/09 12:27 pm ET by Kyle Anderson in Music

Two years ago, Madonna signed a huge contract with Live Nation while still owing albums to Warner Bros., her longtime label. She'll be officially free of her contract on September 29 when she releases Celebration, her third greatest-hits compilation. The set will feature an as-yet-undetermined number of hits from her 27-year career, including her first single "Everybody" and hits like "Vogue" and "4 Minutes." A portion of the album was curated by fans via her manager's Twitter account, and it will feature two new tracks: The upcoming single "Celebration" and a new song called "Revolver" that is rumored to be a collaboration with Lil Wayne (though a track with that title has been floating around the Internet for a while, and it only features Madonna). The album cover (below) was created by Mr. Brainwash, a street artist best known for his grotesque parody paintings of celebrities.

The possibility of a Lil Wayne collaboration is intriguing. As much as Madonna has been tapped into the dance and R&B worlds for the length of her storied career, she's always been a little bit tone-deaf when it comes to hip-hop (just listen to her rap on "American Life" for proof). But on last year's Hard Candy, Madonna started to turn things around: She collaborated with Timbaland, the Neptunes and Danja on tracks that retained much of her cutting-edge dance pedigree and peppered it with a bit of street swagger. Here's hoping she enjoyed the Weezy collaboration so much that she looks into other duets. Wouldn't a Madonna/Jay-Z collaboration absolutely kill? Or her and 50 Cent (they've both produced songs called "Candy Shop," after all)?

What do you think: Is Madonna just jumping on the band wagon or does she seem to legitimately enjoy hip-hop? What rapper should be her next collaborator? Let us know in the comments or head over to Your.MTV.com to make yourself heard!

I think MTV articles are pretty accurate in their assessment of Madonna. Though, they are just speculation like the rest of the internet world that she's collaborated with LIL WAYNE. And even so, I think it's cool they actually say something positive about HARD CANDY.

As for "jumping on the bandwagon"... I find that quite silly since the beginning of her career, she's brought in people who were popular.... "Nile Rogers" and "Baby Face" anyone!!