New Single ("Celebrate" or "Celebration"?) to hit Radio Soon

dubtronic

I heard some of her gay fans were upset because Paul O. didnt make the cut!! (they even assumed that Paul O single for release) fuck yeah!! who cares!! madonna knows best!! -

"Celebrate" is produced by Paul Oakenfold.

Yes, it's funny how someone who doesn't like looking to the past, wheels out the old montage video at every tour - kind of taking the piss in reminding you what hits she DIDN'T do. :americanlife:

RIT and CT didn't really have montage videos. DWT did, with "Music" -- and "SNM" is a montage for S&ST, obviously. But CT only had 20-30 seconds of quick clips before "Music Inferno," and RIT really didn't have any montage at all. ("Vogue" was all new footage, so that doesn't count. And "Nobody Knows Me" was so digitized you could barely even tell there were any images of her in the backdrop. The rumor was she felt it was too 'self-celebratory' when it was more like the underground Aviddiva NKM video in the backdrop. She liked the Aviddiva montage, obviously, but just not for the tour video. And as mnation09pointed out below, since NKM wasn't official or anything, that doesn't really count.)

A montage video is a good idea considering the bitch is on tour and has been busy adopting Mercy, doing fashion lines and photo shoots and recording new music this year.. anyway there is so much good material to work with and it will give the project an appropriate posthumous feel.

I can't agree that montage videos have been overdone by M.. Nobody Knows Me doesn't count because it was only a promo video.

I agree with you about montage videos, but... seriously, "posthumous" is NOT appropriate. It's appropriate for MJ since he has passed away, but Madonna is still alive and kicking. Hopefully for a very, very long time to come. So there should be NO posthumous feel to her GH. Nostalgic? Maybe. But NOT posthumous.

I only meant to use that word in regards to her long career with WBR.. if ever there was a time for M to release a montage video with all her looks it is now as her time with them is up.

I can't wait to hear Revolver.. it was an instant grower with me and is going to be a #1 US SMASH HIT if it is used in the Twilight sequel!

I really think people give the LAMBS too much credit. They are not an all-powerful strategic group securing #1's for Mariah, even though they may be organized and *appear* formidable. If they had all this influence at radio, then how do you explain Glitter or Charmbracelet - FLOPS! In fact, "Through the Rain" barely made a dent in the Hot 100. Her second and third singles from E=MC2 didn't catch on either.

I really don't think there is much we can do to help Madonna at radio. If Timberlake's involvement can't get her a #1 on the radio chart, I really don't know what will.

4 Minutes came very close to being #1 and would have done in a different week.. there were 2 big songs ahead of it that week, one of which was Mariah who gets more airplay on urban stations.

The thing is.. whichever way you look at it.. Madonna was banned from the US airwaves along with the Dixie Chicks for speaking out against Bush and the war.. but times have changed and America is a free country again so there is a good chance that if the public likes then it can be a hit.

4 Minutes came very close to being #1 and would have done in a different week.. there were 2 big songs ahead of it that week, one of which was Mariah who gets more airplay on urban stations.

The thing is.. whichever way you look at it.. Madonna was banned from the US airwaves along with the Dixie Chicks for speaking out against Bush and the war.. but times have changed and America is a free country again so there is a good chance that if the public likes then it can be a hit.

yes, MARIAH beat out MADONNA that download week... MARIAH implemented the "MONDAY-strategy" plus the "hold-off at iTunes after weeks of airplay" strategy... unlike 4 MINUTES which was released simultaneously to iTunes and radio on a Tuesday... WBR/MADONNA isn't really concerned with chart positions... had WBR released the song after 1 or 2 weeks or airplay - I remember 4M hetting 20M+ audience in just the first week and even set a record that time, downloads could've been higher than the 217k she had in the first week and of course plus a decent amount of airplay...

4 Minutes was a missed HOT100#1 opportunity...

On the montage front...she hasn't really done a great one outside of her concerts, the two best ones I can think of are the Aviddiva and that She's Not Me remix. I love both of these; the Aviddiva clip is great because it's chronological and exhaustive, the She's Not Me remix has clever edits. I'm not averse to a montage video if it's done thoughtfully and (for the purpose of a GH) chronologically.

I can't wait to hear Revolver.. it was an instant grower with me and is going to be a #1 US SMASH HIT if it is used in the Twilight sequel!

Well, keep dreaming the dream. I seriously DOUBT that type of song would be used in a film like New Moon. :confused: In fact, as much as I would like her to contribute a song to that film, I am thinking she probably won't.

I really can't believe people are still saying this. Madonna's recurrent airplay was virtually unaffected by her comments about the war. U.S. radio continued to play "Into the Groove," "Like a Prayer," and the like. "American Life" was NOT radio friendly which is why that project tanked. There was no ban.

yay! New song :p:dramatic: will we get a new leotard for the video? I actually loved the Blue leotard on the CT backdrop. So is this song dancey and the other one hip-hopish?

I really can't believe people are still saying this. Madonna's recurrent airplay was virtually unaffected by her comments about the war. U.S. radio continued to play "Into the Groove," "Like a Prayer," and the like. "American Life" was NOT radio friendly which is why that project tanked. There was no ban.

uhm... are you implying that all of MADONNA's released songs since American Life was not radio-friendly as to why radio ignored her since AL?

yay! New song :p:dramatic: will we get a new leotard for the video? I actually loved the Blue leotard on the CT backdrop. So is this song dancey and the other one hip-hopish?

CELEBRATE's sound is already being played at the S&S 2009 leg of the tour... 2 1/2 minutes of it used for HOLIDAY..

I think US radio stations are so out of date. Spotify and LastFM.com are where's it at now. If people aren't hearing the songs they want, they will go elsewhere and US radio will suddenly find itself out in the cold.

Leave Mariah for the radio and the old order and push Madonna on the latest technology! Young people are turning away from traditional media like TV and Radio and getting their music in new ways. And you know how Madonna likes to stay current!

That may have been a scandal back then, but the only reason M doesn't get played is because of who she is. Being a legend has it's drawbacks. Radio will play what's new, what the kids want to hear as shitty as it may sound. It's also a different time, back in the 80s 40 somethings like Tina Turner could be popular along with someone younger. Now everything happens so fast, most popular artist are just in their 20s. Honestly we all new this would happen someday, an artist popularity doesn't last forever. Thankfully she has kept going in spite of everything.

uhm... are you implying that all of MADONNA's released songs since American Life was not radio-friendly as to why radio ignored her since AL?

Don't think that's what he meant. I think after the Fiasco that was American Life (single) programers had an excuse to finally throw her in the Cher(old act just popular with the gheys) category. After that no matter how good her music would be she was not going to get played.

But they haven't ignored her since AL..."4 Minutes" did pretty well at radio - far better than previous efforts (post-AL). It did make it to #11 on the Airplay 100. I think that had more to do with her caving in and doing something in the vein of U.S. radio's predominant style. It probably would've done even better, but I do think her age is becoming more and more a factor.

Even "Hung Up" (which peaked at #42 on the Hot 100 airplay chart and #17 on Top 40) did better than "American Life" (#61 on Hot 100 airplay and #32 on Top 40).

Either way, there was no ban. If there was she wouldn't have even made it that high.

But they haven't ignored her since AL..."4 Minutes" did pretty well at radio - far better than previous efforts (post-AL). It did make it to #11 on the Airplay 100. I think that had more to do with her caving in and doing something in the vein of U.S. radio's predominant style. It probably would've done even better, but I do think her age is becoming more and more a factor.

Even "Hung Up" (which peaked at #42 on the Hot 100 airplay chart and #17 on Top 40) did better than "American Life" (#61 on Hot 100 airplay and #32 on Top 40).

Either way, there was no ban. If there was she wouldn't have even made it that high.

4Minutes had Madonna, JT and Timbaland... #11 at airplay is subpar, comparing it to JT and Timbo songs with others... uhm, and it would be easy to top #61 airplay peak is easy to Top and Hung Up rightfully did it... If you will look at MADONNA's last airplay "success", DIE ANOTHER DAY was an instant hit and Madge was 44 already... 4 months before AL then radio went cold...

Paul Oakenfold To Me on Twitter in a pvt message..

"Your Gonna love it its amazing"...

I ask if its used in Holiday on Tour..

"Its only the music of Holiday on tour no vocals used"

I ask to describe the sound

"written in the same Key as Holiday, with a cutting edge sound"

Guest Pud Whacker
Paul Oakenfold To Me on Twitter in a pvt message..

"Your Gonna love it its amazing"...

I ask if its used in Holiday on Tour..

"Its only the music of Holiday on tour no vocals used"

I ask to describe the sound

"written in the same Key as Holiday, with a cutting edge sound"

:dramatic:

Guest Not4Pussies

u guys. lets spread the word. 2 weeks it comes out and no one really knows about it besides the hardcore fans

lets spread the word. promote.

and dont start with the... "well what good is that gonna do, they wont play her"

who cares about radio

digital sales is where its at!!

uhm, if MADONNA wants to go #1, why not pre-offer it at iTunes? She's a master of pre-offerings!

CD-single pre-offerings are allowed at AMAZON and it will count in the first week. So why not on iTunes?

Is it done before? Is it forbidden?

Oakenfold's description has got me all fuzzy and warm!!! :dramatic::inlove:

I can't WAIT to hear this song!!!

In re to Madonna getting played on US radio, I think it's time to face the facts. Madonna's hits are going to be fewer and fewer between NO MATTER the quality of the song. Madonna is pushing 51 years old, it just ain't gonna happen much longer....lol. She's had a handful of pretty big hits on US airwaves since she's hit 40 and that in itself is pretty amazing. She's among an elite few females that have done that. Cher and Tina are it really and they have not been as consistent as our M. Even Streisand with her powerhouse voice hasn't had a "real" hit since 1997 and prior to that it was......what?? Somewhere from '86?? So....M with her crow voice has done quite well for herself this decade all things considered. :) She's managed sizeable US hits in '00, '01, '02, '05 and '08. NOT BAD ATALL!! Compare that to Cher who had some minor hits in '91 and then she was flopping until '99 and still to this day hasn't had a bonafide US hit.

Being that this is Oakenfold and more "euro" in sound....from what I can tell from the S&S Holiday, I'm not banking on this being a 4M sized hit for M. At least not here in the States. I will gladly eat my words though if I'm wrong....I hope I am wrong! :) But....I'm not expecting much from this. Especially the way it's kinda popping up out of nowhere without much fanfare (outside of us loons of course). I mean, it SEEMED as though everybody knew about 4M before it was released. It seems like "radio release" dates for M songs these days are pretty much meaningless. For a lead from a new album they MAY give it a few initial spins (even AL got that) but it seems as though now, unless the song hits at itunes then radio won't keep playing it to let it build up. HU did well at itunes and radio reluctantly played it some more and 4M of course was a huge sales hit and radio did indeed give it a chance too. But if you guys recall, the sales of 4M and the airplay STILL didn't match up really. Mariah got nearly double the airplay with nearly half the sales with Touch My Body.

It's just a shame it's not like it was in the old days when it was almost guaranteed radio would at least give a new Madonna song a shot (and I'm not JUST talking lead singles). I recall even Bedtime Story getting some semi substantial albeit brief airplay on my local Top 40 station immediately following TAB. Of course after about a month when it was apparent that the song was not hitting with the public they backed off from playing it further. But nowadays that would never happen. Radio doesn't support M songs. The public supports M songs THEN radio is FORCED to support it. SHAME! :(