The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

Thanks for the reply, sir. :)

Any chance MA will crack top 10 in airplay? I've seen some tracksmake big jumps on UK airplay, and then tumble on down.

Possible as its airplay is not just down to Radio 1 and 2 but the commercial network too.

Take That - I reckon they will sell over 100k this week. The download is well over double the Killers popularity on itunes and they also have the physical this week. Downloads are generally very high at the moment with all the itunes gift vouchers floating around.

Miles Away - still miles away from the itunes download top pop 100 but the digital EP is top 40 overall, which is small consolation (digital albums are still fairly low). Not looking good. Midweeks out later so hopefully the physical and individual remix downloads will combine to a decent figure.

Britney and Katy Perry - both also release their physical this week so they may both rise as their competion falls back (e.g. Beyonce, TI, X Factor, Alesha) but Same Difference and Akon will probably eclipse them.

Miles Away Top 40

UK Midweeks - Nov 25

Singles

01 Take That :|

02 Beyonce

03 The Killers

04 T.I. feat. Rihanna

05 Katy Perry

Top 10

08 Britney

Akon

Same Difference

Top 15

PCD

Top 20

17 McFly

Top 30

N-Dubz

Take That - RTW

George Sampson

Top 40

Rihanna - Rehab

Madonna

Mariah Carey - AIWFCIY

Albums

01 Killers

02 Guns'N'Roses

03 Rhydian :D

04 The Priests <<< real singing priests from Northern Ireland! Ha!

05 Leona Lewis

Top 10

Kanye West

Top 15

Only Men Aloud <<< what is this!!!???

Duffy

Dido :chuckle:

Top 20

Coldplay

Salvation Army

Beyonce

Top 30

Alesha Dixon

Lemar

Top 40

John Barrowman

Goodybe Dido! Thanks for all the SNOOZES provided :D

HUGE first-day album sales:

In its first day of sale Killers' Day And Age sold 70,764 copies to GNR's Chinese Democracy’s 50,791. Rhydian’s eponymous debut album (Syco) at three, with 33,937 sales; The Priests’ eponymous debut (Epic) at four with 19,688 sales and Kanye West’s 808s and Heartbreaks (Mercury) at six with 16,530 sales.

Not so big single sales but still impressive:

Take That’s Greatest day looks certain to top the chart on Sunday, after selling 24,666 units on day of release.

Fucking LAUGHABLE - but the release has been POINTLESS from the outset.

Even I'm beginning to wish she'd FUCK OFF for at least five years but we all know that ain't gonna happen so it's going to be a case of watching her SPIRAL further into MEDIOCRITY with each successive album and tour. :thumbsdown:

With "fans" like Queen Bitch, who needs enemies? :) At least you finally got your "flop" after being way off the mark the last couple of times!

People in the UK should be buying the song in droves! Do your bit to maintain Madonna's chart streak!!!!

Two years ago, this would have been a Top 10 hit based on physical sales alone. Now, it's getting harder and harder for an artist to have multiple Top 10s or even Top 20 singles with several releases from the same album, with a few notable exceptions. Downloads have changed the face of the singles market completely.

With "fans" like Queen Bitch, who needs enemies? :) At least you finally got your "flop" after being way off the mark the last couple of times!

People in the UK should be buying the song in droves! Do your bit to maintain Madonna's chart streak!!!!

It doesnt deserve evn a top 10. Why should I bother to buy something which i will never listen to?

No B-sides, no videos.... no thanks

Eeekkk - number 38. There is a massive chance this will miss the top 40. Even Love Profusion got in a 11 without a video (was released later) and without any airplay.

Chances are it will miss the top 50 on Sunday unless the individual downloads (album version and remixes) aren't fully reflected in today's mids.

Is it right there is only 1 CD format now? I thought there was a maxi and a 2 track?

To be at 38 in the first set of mids mean there have been hardly any physical sales, even compared to GITM. That managed 7k physical sales peak week, plus 12k downloads. MA is on course for around 5-7k at this rate, her lowest opening week since the early 80s.

Is Funky Dita able to give sales info??

Not even a special of X-Factor on thursday with Madonna singing Miles away duet with Leona could save her!

I'm so sorry that my 5 copies didn't help.

But i've to say that cd1 and cd2 as usual plus a picture disc (release the same week) could help a little.

anyway a top 40 at least to not break her record.

Do you like the song? If so, why doesn't it "deserve to be Top 10"? It's about the song, not the whiz bang extras, surely!

Because I have the song already, so Im not going to buy something that I already have to make rich people richer, I am not a loon. I only buy singles if I like the remixes, or if it has a B-side

And the song isnt that great either. There are many better songs at the moment...

me too Simon.

and once with LiveNation we could complain.

Now she doesn't have any other choice is the Wrner that doesn't care.

Look what happened with Kylie and her last single!

Emi didn't care anymore.

Sarah who?? you mean Beyonce? Well, Im not a fan of hers but If I were a boy is a better song.

and Take That are idols i the UK... it is the first single, not the third, and has a video, and they will promote it. I dont know about the quality of it, and I dont want to know.

I do want her to be top 10, but even top 40 seems to be difficult.