The Official UK Charts Thread

Guest Hafo

What a major embarassment! Why release something when your not going to promote it? To be honest it does not matter if it hits no1 or no75 but I'd still like it. However, I dont understand why bother releasing a song when no one will promote it and it could ruin a perfect pop chart career. Its Madonna and she rarely misses the top10 and whever she did it was top 20. This is 20 positions of her aim. Madonna has always thrived of publicity for keeping herself going yet she cant take time out to promote a 3rd single? i thought MilesAway was one of the best tracks off HC although is it still quite bland but its the time of song EVERYONE shoud have been able to relate too. I thought it may even strike a chord.

She has every reason to promote the song in the UK - it would have given her a good chance of not ruining her own chart career and it would have boosted album sales n the very important Xmas Market. I cant believe that Kylie X has outsold HC by a considerable margin even though none of the hits went top 3 or were that big - 4 Mins was huge. X really is a dire album.

The music press is going to be full off Madonna's flop - who knows maybe all the extra coverage might resurrect interest in MA. It i s no17 airplay - it should have done better sales wise.

Love profusion, Drowned World peaked at 11 and 10 with very little airplay.

I think madonna has had a bad year - underperforming (not flop) album, crap wembley gig, personal turmoil.....hadshe wanted to she could have easily have gone out and promoted MA

Anyway im sure if you like the song you can enjoy it whatever it peaks at.

What a major embarassment! Why release something when your not going to promote it? To be honest it does not matter if it hits no1 or no75 but I'd still like it. However, I dont understand why bother releasing a song when no one will promote it and it could ruin a perfect pop chart career. Its Madonna and she rarely misses the top10 and whever she did it was top 20. This is 20 positions of her aim. Madonna has always thrived of publicity for keeping herself going yet she cant take time out to promote a 3rd single? i thought MilesAway was one of the best tracks off HC although is it still quite bland but its the time of song EVERYONE shoud have been able to relate too. I thought it may even strike a chord.

She has every reason to promote the song in the UK - it would have given her a good chance of not ruining her own chart career and it would have boosted album sales n the very important Xmas Market. I cant believe that Kylie X has outsold HC by a considerable margin even though none of the hits went top 3 or were that big - 4 Mins was huge. X really is a dire album.

The music press is going to be full off Madonna's flop - who knows maybe all the extra coverage might resurrect interest in MA. It i s no17 airplay - it should have done better sales wise.

Love profusion, Drowned World peaked at 11 and 10 with very little airplay.

I think madonna has had a bad year - underperforming (not flop) album, crap wembley gig, personal turmoil.....hadshe wanted to she could have easily have gone out and promoted MA

Anyway im sure if you like the song you can enjoy it whatever it peaks at.

get a life!

Guest boytoyville
Miles Away of the radio 1 playlist already.

I'll be glad when this era is finally finished there's been so many lows although the concert in paris was a highlight,i really think she needs to take some time out maybe 2 years at least because she needs to buck her ideas up and reflect on the last few years if she wants to be a pop star anymore, i sometimes think she seriously believes she's above everyone else in her game and thinks she's some kind of god when basically she is a pop singer nothing more nothing less.

I think many fans would disagree that she is just a "pop singer". She is certainly more than that to me. Britney is just a pop singer, not Madonna IMO. I for one have loved Hard Candy along with others and think this has been her best tour so...I would have to disagree with your post completely.

Hardly suprising that she's flopping, lack of airplay, no video, a lukewarm reception to HC. She then manages to piss a lot of her loyal fanbase

that attended the atrocious Wembley show with all its sound and transport problems. Her team deny any problems at the show and then later backtrack when Ticketmaster issue refunds. Not exactly the best way to treat people who have supported you for 25 years. She needs to start showing us some respect. There is no fucking way I am paying for MA. I downloaded the remixes for free. She is going to have to come up with an amazing album before I part with my hard earned cash again.

I agree with all of that apart from the lack of airplay - she made the UK top 20 and was even playlisted by Radio 1 - no way would they have playlisted such DROSS if it weren't Madonna - however, I think they'll use it as a marker to relegate her to their rosta of acts whose oldies they play on bank holidays.

I haven't even bothered downloading the free remixes of Miles Away - her remixes are ALWAYS CRAP so it's not worth the push of a button on my part.

Not only will I not be buying her next CD, I won't be attending the next tour if it's in 2010.

*FLUSH* :queenbitch:

Miles Away of the radio 1 playlist already.

Quelle surprise.

I'll be glad when this era is finally finished there's been so many lows although the concert in paris was a highlight,i really think she needs to take some time out maybe 2 years at least because she needs to buck her ideas up and reflect on the last few years if she wants to be a pop star anymore, i sometimes think she seriously believes she's above everyone else in her game and thinks she's some kind of god when basically she is a pop singer nothing more nothing less.

Agree entirely but it ain't gonna happen unless (as I hope) the Live Nation deal goes TITS UP and she struggles to sell tickets for the next tour and they end up paying her off. :lmao:

I agree with all of that apart from the lack of airplay - she made the UK top 20 and was even playlisted by Radio 1 - no way would they have playlisted such DROSS if it weren't Madonna - however, I think they'll use it as a marker to relegate her to their rosta of acts whose oldies they play on bank holidays.

I haven't even bothered downloading the free remixes of Miles Away - her remixes are ALWAYS CRAP so it's not worth the push of a button on my part.

Not only will I not be buying her next CD, I won't be attending the next tour if it's in 2010.

*FLUSH* :queenbitch:

I don't know why you stay on this forum

Why not petition to have me BANNED :dramatic:

Absolutely not banned you , this is not what I mean , but it seems you are only happy to talk about madonna flop and the thing that I really don't know is the reason you will not buy anything about new madonna cd or tickets , it seems you are very angry with Madonna. I'm very disappointed with Madonna and her choice in terms of promotions but I love her and I'll support her in every moment.

Absolutely not banned you , this is not what I mean , but it seems you are only happy to talk about madonna flop and the thing that I really don't know is the reason you will not buy anything about new madonna cd or tickets , it seems you are very angry with Madonna. I'm very disappointed with Madonna and her choice in terms of promotions but I love her and I'll support her in every moment.

Well I'm not a fair weather fan - if she were flopping with something good I'd be on side but she's flopping due to her own lack of CREATIVITY and her COMPLACENCY.

Bless you for being a little lamb though, and standing by your queen.

Well I'm not a fair weather fan - if she were flopping with something good I'd be on side but she's flopping due to her own lack of CREATIVITY and her COMPLACENCY.

Bless you for being a little lamb though, and standing by your queen.

First of all I'm not a little lamb , you don't know me and you can't judge me , anyway I respect your opinon.

Bye

Leona Lewis will dominate again the UK market this december. The buzz about her performance of Run 2 weeks ago on x-factor is huge. The song already hit no1 in Ireland due to just digital sales. On Nov.30th the song is available in the UK for download and two weeks later the physical is out. I think it's insane that Dido debuted at no2 because of Leona. The woman has talent.. She might be boring but she's way better than Mariahs and I don't know who else.

Her performance on x-factor was extraordinary

MA still Top 40

Thursday Midweeks

Singles

01 Take That

02 Beyonce

03 T.I. feat. Rihanna

04 The Killers

05 Katy Perry

Top 10

Akon

Britney

Same Difference

Top 15

McFly

PCD

Top 30

N-Dubz

Take That - RTW

Rihanna - Rehab

George Sampson

Top 40

Chris Brown

Madonna

Mariah Carey - AIWFCIY

Albums

01 Killers

02 Guns'N'Roses

03 Rhydian :D

04 Leona Lewis

05 The Priests

Top 10

Kanye West

Top 15

Only Men Aloud

Duffy

Top 20

Salvation Army

Top 30

Coldplay

Alesha Dixon

Top 40

Lemar

John Barrowman

Coldplay - VLV

Leona Lewis will dominate again the UK market this december. The buzz about her performance of Run 2 weeks ago on x-factor is huge. The song already hit no1 in Ireland due to just digital sales. On Nov.30th the song is available in the UK for download and two weeks later the physical is out. I think it's insane that Dido debuted at no2 because of Leona. The woman has talent.. She might be boring but she's way better than Mariahs and I don't know who else.

Her performance on x-factor was extraordinary

Oh dear, it's so wrong to say anthing positive about Leona Lewis

Please, Queen Bitch is one of the FEW that speaks with sense and intelligibility around here.

I'm sorry but face facts. You can't excrete a steaming pile of turd and expect it to reach the upper echelons of the major music markets without any promotion or video. That's not how the business works. Would you expect to get a job if you didn't bother turning up for the interview? The DIRE chart placing of Miles Away is WELL DESERVED. And her UK fan base will unfortunately continue to dwindle if she continues to release such shit - and then have the AUDACITY to expect the British public to PAY to download/buy it, especially when money is tight.

Hard Candy has been UNPROFITABLE since the release of GITM.

QB runs around delighting in other people's failures. I find that neither sensible nor intelligent, but if you do, then that's fine.

As for "a streaming pile of turd", that's just your opinion. As valid as it is, you can't claim that the quality of the song is the reason for its lack of success. For every person such as yourself that doesn't like the song, there are others who really enjoy it. Lack of promotion and lack of quality are two entirely different concepts.

Hardly suprising that she's flopping, lack of airplay, no video, a lukewarm reception to HC. She then manages to piss a lot of her loyal fanbase

that attended the atrocious Wembley show with all its sound and transport problems. Her team deny any problems at the show and then later backtrack when Ticketmaster issue refunds. Not exactly the best way to treat people who have supported you for 25 years. She needs to start showing us some respect. There is no fucking way I am paying for MA. I downloaded the remixes for free. She is going to have to come up with an amazing album before I part with my hard earned cash again.

It's sad that some people feel that stealing music is justifiable.

I'm not quite sure what sort of promotion people expect Madonna to have done for this particular single, since she's on tour in the US at the moment. Perhaps if Warners had issued and promoted the single in September to coincide with the concert, it would have performed better.

QB, declaring a sold-out concert a "flop" is completely nonsensical. If a sell-out is a flop, what constitutes success in your eyes? Pun intended :)

I predict that somewhere in the next 50 years Madonna will not have Top40 hits anymore!!! :medusa:

Well I just decided to go all Queen Bitch!!! But unlike Queen Bitch I am smarter and I will not ridicule myself over and over with rantings like "4 MINUTES is a flop!!!" or "GIVE IT 2 ME is a flop!!" every time a single is released until I finally hit the target! :larz:

Edited by Madonna-Greece

Guys, a lot of people in the UK are pissed about Madonna for the right or the wrong reasons, so there's going to be some animosity against Miles Away.

So let's focus on the chart positions here and let the opinions on Madonna's output quality go to the relevant forums. I thank you.

Oh dear, it's so wrong to say anthing positive about Leona Lewis

Indeed, but some people in this forum think Jessica Simpson and Hilary Duff have talent, so..... anyway, give it time, it wont last long, maybe another re-issue with an even more photoshoped album cover?

Guest Danny86
I think madonna has had a bad year

:megamanson:

I'm seriously shocked at some comments by supposed fans here. You're talking about Madonna as if she was Janet Jackson.

And so funny how everyone acts like "Miles Away" is Madonna's first ever flop in the UK. Just because "One More Chance", "Love Profusion", "Drowned World" or even "Human Nature" or "WIFLFAG" went to the top 20, it doesn't mean they were any bigger than "Miles Away". Is it so hard to understand that back then the chart moved much faster and everything was frontloaded, while now iTunes makes a lot of lead off singles and hyped up acts sell for months.

If you think that because Madonna missed the top 20/40 with a not promoted 3rd single after 25 years means she's no longer relevant and lost her fans, then good for you.