What happened to those stupid gyms?

karbatal

Do you remember when Madonna opened some gym chain? :lol: Oh dear, what stupid and dire and absurd era was that whole Hard Candy one. And it went on for ages and ages and ages and when it stopped, it started again with a second leg of that tour. Ugh.

And just when you thought that everything horrible was done, she released Miles Away :lmao:

And that gym in Mexico or wherever and she with all those tracksuits and dirty hair and being skeletor's mother.

And now... let's enjoy this. THANK YOU

Madonna+give+me+all+your+lovin.jpg

and this

Madonna-Girls-Gone-Wild-Teaser-597x497.jpg

:lol:

Actually the worst part of that gym experience was the ridiculous reaction everyone on here had to it. People were literally (no exaggeration) saying that it was the end of her career. BECAUSE SHE OPENED A FUCKING GYM. It was such an innocuous, stupid little footnote, and people were having the biggest heart attacks over it. I honestly thought the children's books were more of a career-harming venture than the gyms were.

And then there was the whole cheek meltdown too at the time, which comes up at least once a year with people saying her face is done for, that she's a plastic monster, only to backpedal the next time she appears at an event and looks like a zillion dollars :lol:

Madonna fans have a reputation for being total drama queens, it was really proven on that day for sure :lol:

I recall i was very critic with that idea. And that i thought that she was taking her whole image down the toilett. I still think it was a very bad idea and that those things do nothing for her music career and that she doesn't need the money. The same that i think that that Material Girl clothing and that perfume are a waste of time.

Somebody in another thread, i think he was Promise to Try, said that it was a pitty that almost all recent interviews are all but music. I think the same. Too many silly business, imo.

Of course, she can open a Burger King if she wants to. We are free to have our ideas too.

Honestly the zero talk about the music is extremely irritating but when you think about it, that's all the faults of the journalists. Guy and Madonna aren't coming into interviews telling reporters not to ask her a question or two about music, they come into interviews saying that certain personal questions are off limits (fair enough). If they are asking her insipid questions about motherhood or clothing or whatever, it's because they're not creative enough to think of better questions to ask her. They honestly think those stupid questions are what people want to hear. Of course it doesn't help that Madonna seems to cross promote a million things with her albums lately (WE and the perfume), which I think is the biggest reason for shitty interviews.

The gyms, clothing line and perfume are part of the deal with LiveNation , right? I thought that we all were sawing that coming, I don't understand why people are surprised about that.

And of course she doesn't do all that to help her music career, she does it for the money.

I still think it was a very bad idea and that those things do nothing for her music career and that she doesn't need the money. The same that i think that that Material Girl clothing and that perfume are a waste of time.

SHE doesn't need the money, but Livenation DOES. The deal was, they paid her a ridiculously huge sum of money (the money is now hers), in return for a 360 degree deal, meaning they get to exploit her name in order to make back their investment. So all these cash ins (gyms, clothes, endorsements, modelling, touring, product placement etc.) are not making Madonna any money, they are what she needs to do to make Livenation's money back for them. And then some. The reason for the massive volume of these projects is presumably Madonna's age -Livenation knows she is in her 50's, so they have to cash in whilst her name and publicity value are still assets. That's the nature of the deal, and personally I wish she hadn't signed it -it's not like ANY record company wouldn't have given her a standard recording contract. I have a pet theory (*madonnanation groans in unison*) that Livenation is basically the industry's way of telling people to take the money and STFU. Charlie Sheen got a Livenation contract for millions. Is he anywhere near making any of that back with one panned tour? I doubt it, but he has pretty much dissapeared from the public eye. If I'm right, there would have perhaps been pressure on Madonna to sign.

^ thank you, baby. Well, babies, because you all cleared my mind a lot. I never thought that those silly business were because of Live Nation. I thought that the contract was about records, tour and merchandising, but I thought that merchandising was about selling t-shirts and badges and cups, hahaha. Now I understand why somebody here said once "merchandising is were is all the money" and i thought "so many people buy those t-shirts?".

^ thank you, baby. Well, babies, because you all cleared my mind a lot. I never thought that those silly business were because of Live Nation. I thought that the contract was about records, tour and merchandising, but I thought that merchandising was about selling t-shirts and badges and cups, hahaha. Now I understand why somebody here said once "merchandising is were is all the money" and i thought "so many people buy those t-shirts?".

:D

Even when she turns up to a party wearing full on Marc Jacobs with a stupid set of bunny ears (admittidly it was a costume ball), that's Livenation money making. I just wonder whether they will make it all back before she gets a reputation for doing it too much and no-one wants her any more. Let's hope they're sensible and put the brakes on it a bit.

SHE doesn't need the money, but Livenation DOES. The deal was, they paid her a ridiculously huge sum of money (the money is now hers), in return for a 360 degree deal, meaning they get to exploit her name in order to make back their investment. So all these cash ins (gyms, clothes, endorsements, modelling, touring, product placement etc.) are not making Madonna any money, they are what she needs to do to make Livenation's money back for them. And then some. The reason for the massive volume of these projects is presumably Madonna's age -Livenation knows she is in her 50's, so they have to cash in whilst her name and publicity value are still assets. That's the nature of the deal, and personally I wish she hadn't signed it -it's not like ANY record company wouldn't have given her a standard recording contract. I have a pet theory (*madonnanation groans in unison*) that Livenation is basically the industry's way of telling people to take the money and STFU. Charlie Sheen got a Livenation contract for millions. Is he anywhere near making any of that back with one panned tour? I doubt it, but he has pretty much dissapeared from the public eye. If I'm right, there would have perhaps been pressure on Madonna to sign.

Yeah.. Livenation are crafty fuckers, if they're gonna fork out for late period Vadge, they're gonna ensure there's some definite income generators attached. A Madge perfume is a total no brainer, ditto the clothes - the records may not sell, but these WILL

Of course it is all Live Nation. And of course they are interested to make their investment back. And they probably have once the next tour is over. The have paid her what? 150 million? They get 10% of the revenues from ticket sales. So if the new tour makes 500 million they have already made more than 90 million from 2 tours alone. The percentage of the other deals is even higher. I guess it was 25%. Luis Vuitton paid her what? 20 million? Makes 5 million. Then there was Dolce & Gabbana, the glasses. It is unknown how much she made with Material Girl so far. There is Truth or Dare, the perfume, the shoes. ... I bet they are recreating a scene from Evita ... And the money keeps rolling in from all directions. And quite frankly, I think Madonna wants them to recoup their investment just as quick. Just to show the world that she is still the bankable star. And of course, she's getting richer and richer. Believe me, if there is one achievement she still wants to reach is to become a f*cking billionaire. She already might be because of investments, but she wants to get there by her own work.

And of course, she's getting richer and richer. Believe me, if there is one achievement she still wants to reach is to become a f*cking billionaire. She already might be because of investments, but she wants to get there by her own work.

Gqwuz.gif

It was always in the back of my mind. How much is she up to do we think? 700? I think it's at least 600 mil. If she wants to make it as a billionaire in pounds currency then that's another goal once she makes it in dollars. :demonic:

No offense, but you're wrong. Yes, LIVE NATION is in for a cut as others mentioned as well, but she's making loads of money from it as well. She isn't going to enter any deal without making sure she'll be raking in the dough for years to come even after the LIVE NATION deal is fulfilled.

Also, I don't see what's so "stupid" about opening these gyms? It makes more sense then endorsing something she doesn't even use... PEPSI!! She's a physically active person. She's exercises immensely. So only makes sense to lend her name to a gym and brand her image into it.

Oh God not the BUT SHE WORKS OUT argument. I'm sure Madonna used tampons and condoms too, maybe she should have a line of those. Pepsi and other endorsements she did in the past were WAY more high profile and beneficial to her status than two gyms in Moscow and Chile.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

My heart broke that day...I just can't think about this time again.

madonna_mexico_gym.jpg

Reminds me so much of OGRA from The Dark Crystal here. Very Jim Henson-esque, very 80's fantasy puppet.

ogra1.jpg

The gyms are doing great. Just opened another in Kazakastan.

They even have in built AIDS testing rooms too, and 6 month memberships now come with a free week in the glory hole room, they used to be for yearly members only. .

No offense, but you're wrong. Yes, LIVE NATION is in for a cut as others mentioned as well, but she's making loads of money from it as well. She isn't going to enter any deal without making sure she'll be raking in the dough for years to come even after the LIVE NATION deal is fulfilled.

You seem to have more information than me -I'd like to see where you found that out.