MADAME X album reviews

Guest jamesshot

Some of the reviews seem to miss the point of her lyrics. Her urgency is to be interpreted as urgent so her lyrics reflect that. We are in urgent time all over the globe. This is not the time for subtle lyrics, which she is capable of.

Fuck the "critics". 

i think bruce would prefer to change places with M. he has been lauded by the critics for having released a great album, yet his own fans are like, ' meh , you're exaggerating.'

Madame X – Record Collector Review 

Globe-spinning mishmash

At its most interesting, Madonna’s first album in four years conjures up a few surprises, not least the tempo-twisting Dark Ballet and its mash-up minimalist piano, vocoder-voiced bridge borrowing from Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker and trip-hop undertones. There’s also much to admire in the sweeping Philadelphia soul and Vogue-like chants of God Control, or the noir-esque balladry of I Don’t Search, I Find. It’s hamstrung, however, by an over-reliance on by-the-book Latin motifs, often accompanied by Portuguese or Spanish-language vocals and woolly protest lyrics like, “I’ll be Islam if Islam is hated/I’ll be Israel if they’re incarcerated” (Killers Who Are Partying). Coupled with excursions into pedestrian African tribal rhythms and generic Jamaican dancehall, it gives the impression of a woman pitching jingles for a Benetton commercial. Teny Staunton 

3 out of 5 stars

https://allaboutmadonna.com/2019/06/madame-x-record-collector-review.php

11 hours ago, Napoléon said:

Let’s face it - If Miley or Ariana or Gaga released this album it would be hailed as a masterpiece.

Fuck these critics. The user rating on Metacritic says it all really. 

I agree with this. If Taylor released even a Madame X outtake it would be hailed as genius and revolutionary. Madonna has had a good ride with this album so far though. Her work is appreciated fully by us - we know the truth. I Don’t Search I Find, for example, is something only M could do. Nobody touches her. 

5 hours ago, Shaun said:

The user reviews give a whole new meaning to the lyric “Everybody knows the damn truth.”

Probably my favourite line in the whole album 🙌

On 6/19/2019 at 8:07 AM, Shane said:

Killers Who Are Partying is an amazing song, and it’s sad to see the pin head logic when it comes to the lyrics.  These are the same people who probably post pics on their social media saying “I am Pulse” and “Je suis Charlie” and have zero problem with it.  The song is a show of solidarity, and the chorus rebukes any argument that she is trying to BE any of those groups.  People’s idiocy in this day and age is astounding.

THIS! 

KWAP is a supreme HIGHLIGHT of the album for me - especially its second half, after she sings about being a woman and then that beautiful music kicks in with her singing, seemingly right in your ear, "God knooows what I am."  CHILLS!

18 hours ago, Napoléon said:

Let’s face it - If Miley or Ariana or Gaga released this album it would be hailed as a masterpiece.

Fuck these critics. The user rating on Metacritic says it all really. 

neh, they ripped Miley's new record and Taylor's new song to shreds *on taylor's case for cringy SJW baiting admittedly, that song is atrocious* ... gaga is also read to filth on metacritic on the regular so there's no surprise there...  Ariana and queen B are the true critical darlings, but not everything they release gets 5 star reviews... just *almost* everything

3 hours ago, articunocc said:

neh, they ripped Miley's new record and Taylor's new song to shreds *on taylor's case for cringy SJW baiting admittedly, that song is atrocious* ... gaga is also read to filth on metacritic on the regular so there's no surprise there...  Ariana and queen B are the true critical darlings, but not everything they release gets 5 star reviews... just *almost* everything

I said if they had released Madame X specifically. Not their usual crap which is rightly rated poorly. My point being that Madame X is a masterpiece and the bad reviews are because it’s Madonna and not because of the music itself. 

Reviewers seem to either Hate or Love the album, it seems to get either 80 or 50 and below.

So overall score is now down to 70.... hope it doesn't fall into the 60s !

And where is the Mojo review ?!

6 minutes ago, humanracin said:

Reviewers seem to either Hate or Love the album, it seems to get either 80 or 50 and below.

Those who hate the album don't have valid arguments for their hate. I f the album were bad they would drag it to hell and back. 

This album is on the way to become one of the most important Madonna albums.

Guest jamesshot
4 hours ago, humanracin said:

But that isn't true. Most reviews are very positive. One outright negative one. The ones in the 60's are written as 80 or above but cite a few (in their opinion) questionable lyrical choices and that seems to shave off 20 points. Ridiculous. 

23 minutes ago, jamesshot said:

But that isn't true. Most reviews are very positive. One outright negative one. The ones in the 60's are written as 80 or above but cite a few (in their opinion) questionable lyrical choices and that seems to shave off 20 points. Ridiculous. 

Plus a great many positive reviews don't "count".  I think under 20 should be statistically insignificant

Guest jamesshot

I've been over critics for a long time. For one, I love horror movies and critics have always hated them so I have always had a very skeptical eye on critics. When it comes to Madonna, they never review just her work, they review her, and it is tiresome. I can't usually make it through any article on Madonna because I always encounter the usual bullshit. I'm not reading that shit anymore. She survived vicious attempts to take her down yet they keep trying. You can't be more successful than Madonna so they failed.

Anyone read the review in The Quietus? Not going to post it here but it’s pretty damming. And unfair. Basically paints her as a white supremicist and at one point says ‘oh fuck off Madge.’ Not the most professional. 

21 minutes ago, Fever said:

Anyone read the review in The Quietus? Not going to post it here but it’s pretty damming. And unfair. Basically paints her as a white supremicist and at one point says ‘oh fuck off Madge.’ Not the most professional. 

it counts

her metacritic is getting worse lol

Edited by fandonna

3 minutes ago, ConfessYourself said:

Mojo 80

Quietus 50 (?)

Record Collector 60

Sheesh...Quietus is the pivotal review for the score...keeping 70.  🙏🏻 she deserves better anyways! Madame❌Masterpiece