"Looking For Mercy" thread

Well, with some minor exceptions Madonna seems to love putting "strange" tracks in her albums, so that it wouldn't surprise me if Looking for Mercy would fall in this categorie ("funny, experimental, crazy song")...

Edited by Geiger83

But it’s interesting you mentioned Peter Gabriel’s song ( one of my favorites ever ) is inspired by Anne Sexton, who’s Madonna paying homage on her latest Vogue shoot.

50 minutes ago, ursula said:

The song they sang in the car? I think it was a christian song.

Life is a circle!

I guess, but there’s one she’s messing around in the studio and she sings the lines “looking for looking for mercy...” is it the same song?

18 hours ago, Flip The Switch said:

This will be the Bday Song of Madame X. 

I have this strange premonition too...

1 hour ago, horn said:

According to the listening party, they said LFM is not that good compare to other songs.

I guess it's just a filler.

So it's a dud...

giphy (9).gif

Go meet champagne rose & b-day song in the basement, young girl, you are grounded!!!

17 hours ago, horn said:

According to the listening party, they said LFM is not that good compare to other songs.

I guess it's just a filler.

only 1 lady said that. not entire group...

I guess LFM is the song with the children choir.

38 minutes ago, systemvalues said:

I guess LFM is the song with the children choir.

Mmm maybe but there are chances to be in GodControll before some gun s shots

I keep wondering whether this one will be an elegant, stately ballad or some kind of silly one off like Bday Song.  Or a dance floor banger.  Or experimental.

It is very interesting that this time she is including the bonus tracks within the running order instead of at the end like with the last two albums.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I keep wondering whether this one will be an elegant, stately ballad or some kind of silly one off like Bday Song.  Or a dance floor banger.  Or experimental.

It is very interesting that this time she is including the bonus tracks within the running order instead of at the end like with the last two albums.

I don't know why but I have the feeling it will be something silly...let's see...

4 hours ago, idro said:

Mmm maybe but there are chances to be in GodControll before some gun s shots

Yes, according the article.. I forgot

Would be nice if she wrote about her other four children. Lola and Roc have official records devoted to them. I remember the speculation was Hey You about David. Looking for Mercy better be about Mercy James.

Probably that is the song dedicated to Mercy and Batuka must be the song dedicated to David (and eventually co-written with him).

The song inspired by one hot summer day when Madonna and her kids after horse riding decided to play hide and seek, And while she found her kids one by one, mercy was still missing. So Madonna starts to search for her in the woods next to the country side house. the song is like Mer Girl part ,  The song was inspired by the trees and the woods and the leaves. She eventually found mercy that night but I dont know | think by that time she already have started humming and writing the song. 

5 hours ago, erotica blu said:

Would be nice if she wrote about her other four children. Lola and Roc have official records devoted to them. I remember the speculation was Hey You about David. Looking for Mercy better be about Mercy James.

Rocco a whole record or Just intervention?