"Looking For Mercy" thread

1 minute ago, Voguerock said:

I really dig in this song right now. 

the lyrics... Damn. Spot on. The part where she sing "somebody to teach me how to love. Somebody to help me rise above. I need to survive.... " really hits me. 

cried each listen to those lyrics the emotion in her voice so powerful and touching

Just now, FreeMySoul said:

cried each listen to those lyrics the emotion in her voice so powerful and touching

Indeed! Still can't believe some reviews stated that LFM is the weakest.. 

18 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

HUGE fan. One of those WTF situations where one of the gems is a bonus track.

Yes. This is Beautiful Killer territory. She leaves the best as bonuses. lol

Listened to this for the first time and as others have said, the vocals are very impressive! I'm overwhelmed with how epic this song is! It's very powerful!

17 hours ago, FreeMySoul said:

shed copious tears the first time i heard it. there's so much honesty and vulnerability in the song. 

1 hour ago, Flip The Switch said:

I actually have Mercy’s version in my head when the chorus kicks in. :lmao:

One of favs. 

What version???

14 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

People always wanted Madonna to do a torch song. Here it is. 

I hope she performs it on her coming tour. 

I think she will, to be honest. As far as ballads go it’s heavy duty. Imagine hearing this song being performed in the intimate setting of a theatre.

WOW!!  Where did this song come from- I was not expecting this at all!  What a beauty!  Her vocals and delivery are absolutely stunning throughout but my favorites are the pre-chorus "Somebody teach me how to love" and the way she sings  "I'm looking for love" in the chorus is absolutely heavenly (another Karen Carpenter moment @Jazzy Jan) .  How was this not on the standard edition along with EO??  For me, it's an essential part of this album and the Madame X journey.  It makes me sad that someone might only listen to the standard version and never hear this gem.  Just brilliant and gorgeous!  I think it may be my favorite at the moment 🥰  

21 hours ago, Je5u5 said:

HUGE fan. One of those WTF situations where one of the gems is a bonus track.

I guess they thought the album had too many ballads and went for Bitch I'm Loca

This song makes me wanna cry it gets me so emotional. The Looking for , Looking for, Looking for bit is hypnotic!😢

her vocals😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Just now, karbatal said:

How could this song be considered weak in several reviews baffles me. It's one of the strongest! 

They probably don’t even listen to the whole album.  That’s nuts.  This song is incredible. Top notch and a highlight on the album. 

Why again is this a bonus song?  Ridiculous.  It is my favorite Madame X song.  I bought every version but still.  

10 hours ago, Mooncrown11 said:

WOW!!  Where did this song come from- I was not expecting this at all!  What a beauty!  Her vocals and delivery are absolutely stunning throughout but my favorites are the pre-chorus "Somebody teach me how to love" and the way she sings  "I'm looking for love" in the chorus is absolutely heavenly (another Karen Carpenter moment @Jazzy Jan) .  How was this not on the standard edition along with EO??  For me, it's an essential part of this album and the Madame X journey.  It makes me sad that someone might only listen to the standard version and never hear this gem.  Just brilliant and gorgeous!  I think it may be my favorite at the moment 🥰  

On 6/14/2019 at 7:54 PM, Jeby said:

The most emotional song on the album for me. I love it so much.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:38 PM, Mat.Guy said:

This is the most surprising song for me. I was expecting a *bonus material* from this one and then BAM!

One of the most beatiful and emotional Madonna songs on her career and you guys know that means a lot!

Damn, Madame X :dramatic:

On 6/15/2019 at 3:37 AM, Lindyloo said:

I love this song. So epic. She sounds fantastic and I love the orchestra. 

On 6/15/2019 at 4:49 AM, nightcutter said:

This song is stunning. Probably my fave so far.

Yes,   my favourite song on the album.  Adore it.