"I Rise" thread

7 hours ago, Mensch said:

It actually reminds me of a modern keep it together...

I love how everyone references to a different song 😂😂😂 

My turn : it reminds me of Best Night and Ghosttown, with a little bit of Inside Out.

I agree with the person that said it sounds like a RH track with a proper mix 😆

At first listen I've been confused by her voice and the way she sings, especially in the verses, she reminds me of Sia...

1 minute ago, Ray Finkle said:

My turn : it reminds me of Best Night and Ghosttown, with a little bit of Inside Out.

At first listen I've been confused by her voice and the way she sings, especially in the verses, she reminds me of Sia...

It's Starrah influence... totally her style. On the lyrics and the tempo on the verses... OMG this song has some hocks well placed and the Chorus… well done!!! I can't wait to hear the other songs the two did together.

6 minutes ago, Ray Finkle said:

Add this: Unapologetic Bitch

I’m going through  it...Yeah, I know you see the tragic in it

Woke up this morning feeling that you were gone...I thought awhile, but I'm finally moving on

7 minutes ago, coco said:

Add this: Unapologetic Bitch

I’m going through  it...Yeah, I know you see the tragic in it

Woke up this morning feeling that you were gone...I thought awhile, but I'm finally moving on

I thought about UB too in the first listen!

This is a strong and mature song that continues the quality of Medellin. I Rise is especially a treat for fans of American Life.

Fans will notice the reference to ‘Nobody Knows Me’ – “How many times I’ve died”, “Died a thousand times.”

Fans will also notice her reference to magic, so often teased in Instagram hashtags. I honestly can’t say which Madame X song I prefer so far, because they’re both so unique and special in their own way. 

When Madonna channels Ray of Light, American Life, Bedtimes Stories, and the sexual suggestion of Erotica, she can’t go wrong. Ethereal, heartfelt, dreamy…those albums are a fantastic template. 

Madonna has really embraced that in recent times and I couldn’t be happier. It feels like a perfect blend of her prior work (while still being fresh) and a seamless continuation of her career. She has been getting us into the groove for decades now, and Rebel Heart (and Madame X’s two released songs) shows she has so much left to give.

The singer told Rolling Stone: “I wrote ‘I Rise’ as a way of giving a voice to all marginalized people who feel they don’t have the opportunity to speak their mind. This year is the 50th anniversary of Pride and I hope this song encourages all individuals to be who they are, to speak their minds and to love themselves.”

17 minutes ago, Shedoeshair said:

"Died a thousand times managed to survive" MADONNA 

Chills, goosebumps 

I m with you 

Madonna’s voice sounds gloriously natural on this song until the final section when it is tweaked for stylistic purposes.  She uses new intonation and phrasing on the verses while utilizing her classic vocals for the pre-chorus and chorus.  So the song has something for everyone vocally.

I love how there are so many hooks in such a short amount of time.  

Since the album is roughly half Madonna/Mirwais cowrites and half Madonna/Starrah and we have now seen one sample of each, I think it’s safe to say we are in for yet another treasure with the Madame X album.

Also I love when Madonna writes a song that is political and personal at the same time.  She has always made the personal universal and vice versa in her lyrics.

No artist will ever get me as excited for new music as Madonna.

This song is really moving, the more I listen to it the more powerful it is. I'm gonna be deriving strength from this anthem for the rest of my life, huh? It almost made me cry in the car listening to it on the way in to the office this morning. SO if anyone gives me shit at the office today imma just think I RISE up above it all! Bitches.

16 hours ago, Who Is That Girl? said:

There is a subtle effect on her voice making it ‘future’ global, if not for that it could sit on RH as a ballad, doesn’t have a strong hook like ‘Ghosttown’ again ‘odd’ choice for a ‘single’ if it is an actual single, I feel but hope it doesn’t get lost amongst the heavy Medellín promo, I just can’t see this being the song with the drag queens video!!! Perhaps I am wrong an it may be the second single.

16 hours ago, letemmove said:

Kind of odd as a single... it sounds like an interlude or something

15 hours ago, Sloane said:

I thought I Rise was the second single

This not a single. As it was shared upon the album announcement, a song will be released every week gradually building momentum to the album release. 'I Rise' is one of those.

2 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Imagine if all the video was only her, graciously dancing alone. #lessismore :inlove:

With madonna less really is more.. same with performances just saying 😉

3 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

Imagine if all the video was only her, graciously dancing alone. #lessismore :inlove:

The "video" is a work of art. She seriously gives me Martha Graham vibes.

"WE CALL BS!" (bs is bullshit if you don't speak English)

The inclusion of this iconic Emma Gonzalez warrior call is so perfect. It's adds a layer of effect to the song. 

This is one of her best songs. 

In a statement, Madonna says she wrote “I Rise” “as a way of giving a voice to all marginalized people who feel they don’t have the opportunity to speak their mind. This year is the 50th anniversary of Pride and I hope this song encourages all individuals to be who they are, to speak their minds and to love themselves.”

Yeah I wish there was like ONE more scene that suddenly changed it all and repeated till the end. Or maybe a color effect or something but it’s beautiful and perfect as is...I can see this being performed on the tour very devil and/or an interlude or a mix of both.