Madonna's new album: coming in 2019

Camacho

11 hours ago, Jitterbug said:

The biggest worry I have with M working with these "trendy collaborators" is not the "desperate, train jumping" but more the fact they tend to give Madonna the weaker tracks and save the stronger material for other younger artists who can generate them a much bigger hit.. Living For Love and Devil Pray are perfect examples where the tracks weren't really that strong but the producers have done so much better for other artists..

I don’t know. Maybe its the other way around and others would have smashed with some of those songs. (Obviously not LFL, which is lackluster and a complete non event.)

1 hour ago, graffitiheart said:

My delusional self thinks LFL and DP were strong , even Ghosttown 😫 I loved RH

Devil Pray and Ghosttown were incredible songs and Madonna sang them beautifully.  I play both of them so much and think they stack up better than virtually any song of the past decade from any artist.  One was an album track and never a single and the other a song that was already released in the initial 6 way before it was promoted as a single so them not being hits is not really an issue anyway.  

On 12/7/2018 at 6:50 AM, Kilt said:

Hard Candy was a delight! I still don't get the hate to this day. I suppose fans are more put off by the idea that she worked with Timba and Pharrell than the tracks themselves. She did the same with Babyface, Foster and Shep and nobody minded or squeaked.

This! 

On 12/7/2018 at 8:36 AM, sul8323 said:

I am an unapologetic MDNA stan.  The Orbit songs, in particular are my faves.  I do not get the "phoned in vocals" accusation.  She obviously did not do that.  There were more than an adequate amount of songs so all of the bitching about Superstar, Give Me All Your Luvin' or B-Day Song is completely unnecessary.  Love it all, other than the tour outfit for GMAYL.  And Nicki elevates every song that she has collaborated with M on so enough.  Everyone, young and old, collaborates do it is time to put the "no collaborations" but he fest to bed too.  The industry collaborates and Hard Candy, MDNA, and Rebel Heart all have ample solo tracks.  Gee wiz.  M has actually given us so much, yet we bitch and tear her apart.  No wonder she has waited four years.  This cannot be fun for her.

I really like Love Spent but it could never be a single with those horribly mastered vocals. My 13 year old nephew could have mastered the song better. This Demon Costello or whatever his name is should have been fired. Can’t believw he works for the top selling female artist of all time!!! 

Devil Pray, Unapologetic Bitch, Body Shop and Joan Of Arc would have all made great singles imho

Probably my 4 favourite songs on RH album.

Also I was thinking maybe this Annita feature is just for a remix and not an album track? 

#comingforyou #soon #ish

29 minutes ago, idro said:

#soon

closer today than yesterday. :)

I still think we might get a song or video for the holidays.  She usually does not work this late in the year on an album. Also, even with an April release a first song drop now is typical for artists these days. And,  I would not be surprised if we will get a drip, drip, drip of songs over multiple months before the album comes out.

10 minutes ago, CalinB said:

closer today than yesterday. :)

I still think we might get a song or video for the holidays.  She usually does not work this late in the year on an album. Also, even with an April release a first song drop now is typical for artists these days. And,  I would not be surprised if we will get a drip, drip, drip of songs over multiple months before the album comes out.

i hope she does this ...

Maybe Anitta is just going to do some vocals in Portuguese on Loca or Faz Gostar which are Portuguese titles, I mean why would M hire her to sing in English when she could get so many others? Anitta's speciality is the different language. 

unapologetic bitch should have been the lead  #fact

but ghosttown was and is still an amazing pop track that should have make a hit if the radio didn't snob her 

so at this point who knows. I don't think LFL plays such a huge part

M could be given the hottest track by the hottest producer of the moment and it still wouldn’t automatically guarantee her a hit! 

Just look at this year’s hottest thing Camila Cabello, flopping with her Pharrell produced and written track Sagria Wine (utter shite IMO), it had a massive push and went nowhere. 

I don’t think M is completely passive, I think she’s got a very strong idea of what she wants when it comes to re-working songs. She’s  turned down huge tracks in the past, so I dont think people aren’t offering her them.

3 hours ago, trickyricky said:

its not delusion ..they are goods songs and its a decent album with flaws which i blame on the leak and for her not having the artistic freedom to be able to release a double album ..

Very weak material and Diplo etc and Kanye etc have done so much better for other artists. I don’t personally think they are horrible tracks (decent for my tastes yes) but i know people who were very dissappointed when Living For Love etc came out after news of working with Diplo etc considering they have given such stronger material for other artists.. Tastes aside, M should have been given the best songs in the bunch, not the weaker b-side materials while best songs were saved for Grande etc 

Even MDNA, songs such as Give Me All Your Luvin and B’Day Song etc

10 minutes ago, Jitterbug said:

Very weak material and Diplo etc and Kanye etc have done so much better for other artists. 

Thats your opinion but I think Rebel Heart is her best album in ages. Devil Pray is incredible and 100% Madonna. 

22 minutes ago, dylanciccone_ said:

She tried to do a double album and the label said no. So those hoping she'll do that, remember that unless she's managed to convince them to do so which I doubt.

How sad! Considering the fact that Madonna was the one who changed the way record companies treat the artists... and now here we go again, all for the money...

12 minutes ago, #lovemadonna said:

How sad! Considering the fact that Madonna was the one who changed the way record companies treat the artists... and now here we go again, all for the money...

yeah and that's why we ended up with a album that was a mixed bag ...you can see where she wanted to go with it ...the holy water, sex , devil pray , bitch im madonna,, unapologetic bitch . body shop being the rebel album and the love songs etc being the heart album ....i think it would have worked better than what we got especially the stupid version of rebel heart that didnt have the actual song rebel heart and to think at one point a lot of us fans dissed warner ..please come back warners 

Edited by trickyricky