M14 updates 3

It is a compliment that we are impatient for new music. Would be far worse if fans were not anticipating and longing for the new era.  Miss hearing new music from Madonna as I am sure we all are.  The Met Ball performance was wonderful and the buzz and excitement it brought with it was a fantastic time on the forum. We will wait of course but nothing wrong with wanting the new era to start sooner rather than later. 

2 hours ago, sul8323 said:

Jesus Christo..... Michael Jackson was a child molester and died of an overdose and retained his legend status.  Prince did absolutely nothing noticeable for the last 20 years of his life and is still a legend.  Elton John's music has sucked for nearly thirty years and is still a legend.  Aretha Franklin had a star studded funeral and is revered and hasn't  had a top ten song since when?  Legend... Cher's music for the last fifteen years makes your ears bleed and she is a legend.  Whitney was a bigger mess than most as was George Michael and both are legends... When was Bowie's last hit?  Legend...  stop being so fucking dramatic.  The general public really loves Madonna even if they do not know that she made records after the Music album...  maybe Ray of Light.  Madonna is a legend.  The fact that we are discussing relevance after 36 years is the final decree on the subject.  LEGEND

:clap::clap::clap:

She always does this. She drags out the release statement soooo long that you just about reach the point where you just do not care anymore AT ALL, like totally don't care anymore... and then she springs it on you. I'm guessing we won't hear anything untill late september or early october!

What I think is bad is that it feels like she's taking her fans for granted. She knows we are very passionate and people are very frustrated. I thought when she did a snippet at the Met we'd get a single within weeks. No one else apart from die hard fans would have even known that was a new song. I was planning to buy a zillion copies on all formats to help but I dont feel that way right now because it feels like she doesn't care about us. How hard is it to release a press release? If its not coming out till April then she should put out a one off single like Ill Remember.

Sorry. Ill quite moaning now. The album better be good.

Edited by Danny Bubbles

Excellent post sul83 , Im th Ensor impatient person ever but yes the fact there’s this much anticipation only confirms how legendary this woman is . Good q , where is she ? This could be the golden silence before......

8 hours ago, sul8323 said:

Jesus Christo..... Michael Jackson was a child molester and died of an overdose and retained his legend status.  Prince did absolutely nothing noticeable for the last 20 years of his life and is still a legend.  Elton John's music has sucked for nearly thirty years and is still a legend.  Aretha Franklin had a star studded funeral and is revered and hasn't  had a top ten song since when?  Legend... Cher's music for the last fifteen years makes your ears bleed and she is a legend.  Whitney was a bigger mess than most as was George Michael and both are legends... When was Bowie's last hit?  Legend...  stop being so fucking dramatic.  The general public really loves Madonna even if they do not know that she made records after the Music album...  maybe Ray of Light.  Madonna is a legend.  The fact that we are discussing relevance after 36 years is the final decree on the subject.  LEGEND

Uhm what post were you reading? I never fucking questioned her relevance or her status as a musical legend. At all. I said she should never take fans buying her album for granted and disregard them. And I would say the same about any artist, legend or not. No one was fucking discussing her cultural relevance or lack thereof. 

9 hours ago, rayofgod said:

Absolutely. I was talking more about the fans, like on here, who are actively waiting for the album day-to-day. We may be sick of hearing nothing but that will disappear the minute the campaign starts. I'm sure everyone here will be buying the album regardless of how bored we are now.

The numbers are definitely dwindling but if it's due to impatience, there's still a good chance that those numbers will come back when the album is there.

Yes, true enough!

24 minutes ago, strictmachine said:

Uhm what post were you reading? I never fucking questioned her relevance or her status as a musical legend. At all. I said she should never take fans buying her album for granted and disregard them. And I would say the same about any artist, legend or not. No one was fucking discussing her cultural relevance or lack thereof. 

Yes she cant take her fans for granted. When its just fans interested she gets RH level sales. What she needs is the casual, sometime fans who buy an album like Confessions or Ray of light if there is a buzz that this is a good album. The fans have to be crazily into a project to make that buzz happen - and at the moment the buzz is dwindling. I know people hate Gaga on here but she does appreciate the love of her fans for her new work and seems to respect that and cultivate it rather than taking it for granted. I adore M but she even snarled at some impatient fan on IG a few weeks ago. You cant be criticising the people who make you especially when your ballsing up a campaign so spectacularly.

Confessions 

8 hours ago, sul8323 said:

Confessions was a BIG album, like one of the top 3 selling albums if 2005/2006 worldwide,  the other 2 being Mariah's Emancipation and 50 Cent

So I would say the general public who doesn't follow Madonna's every move were aware of Confessions.   Even My Mom bought it and she's generally not a fan!

10 hours ago, Katypatra said:

Come on people, M’s Instagram followers grew by a million since that Aretha speech incident. M can grab people’s attention over night like magic. Pun intended 💅🏻 

One million after the speech? That’s power folks. Congratulation to M.

3 hours ago, Danny Bubbles said:

What I think is bad is that it feels like she's taking her fans for granted. She knows we are very passionate and people are very frustrated. I thought when she did a snippet at the Met we'd get a single within weeks. No one else apart from die hard fans would have even known that was a new song. I was planning to buy a zillion copies on all formats to help but I dont feel that way right now because it feels like she doesn't care about us. How hard is it to release a press release? If its not coming out till April then she should put out a one off single like Ill Remember.

Sorry. Ill quite moaning now. The album better be good.

She’s not taking anyone for granted. Maybe she just wants to do it a different way this time and maybe we all just need learn patience. The amount of crying on this forum (from myself included) is outrageous! Let’s pull ourselves together! 

She is quiet because post Rosh Hashana there is a period of time when a person corrects their tikkun, by looking deep within and meditating on some of the areas within themselves that need changing. 

5 minutes ago, Katypatra said:

She’s not taking anyone for granted. Maybe she just wants to do it a different way this time and maybe we all just need learn patience. The amount of crying on this forum (from myself included) is outrageous! Let’s pull ourselves together! 

She is quiet because post Rosh Hashana there is a period of time when a person corrects their tikkun, by looking deep within and meditating on some of the areas within themselves that need changing. 

I wonder if her tikkun is telling her to hurry up and put the pissing record out 😂🕺👯‍♂️

31 minutes ago, Danny Bubbles said:

I wonder if her tikkun is telling her to hurry up and put the pissing record out 😂🕺👯‍♂️

😂

4 hours ago, Samo said:

Confessions 

Confessions was a BIG album, like one of the top 3 selling albums if 2005/2006 worldwide,  the other 2 being Mariah's Emancipation and 50 Cent

So I would say the general public who doesn't follow Madonna's every move were aware of Confessions.   Even My Mom bought it and she's generally not a fan!

I agree the album was a huge success for her critically and commercially. 

She had a huge presence still in music in 2005 I remember Hung Up was everywhere and it it was liked by a lot of casuals.

2 hours ago, Katypatra said:

be-patient-when-hiring.jpg

10 hours ago, robster said:

She always does this. She drags out the release statement soooo long that you just about reach the point where you just do not care anymore AT ALL, like totally don't care anymore... and then she springs it on you. I'm guessing we won't hear anything untill late september or early october!

Hun we're already mid-September so it's not that long so I'm happy to wait and see but honestly I'm starting to lose patience. 

I'm happy to wait a bit. I mean once we have the album and the tour is over we're gonna get the post album depression cause we know we'll have to wait at least 3 years for new music...soo...this waiting and anticipating right before the era starts is nice.