2016 American Presidential Thread

Camacho

^ Agree. What the hell is her team or whoever doing!? As awful as the allegations are and prob true his lunatic supporters and even regular Republicans will NOT care at this point unless there's concrete documentation, tapes, audio, video. Whatever they got, needs to be out like tomorrow to dominate the weekend news cycle! One new poll out showing he's ahead in VA. :# Who the hell can deny he's surging.  Her team and surrogates are clearly tripping. Again, it's not about her lead it's about the trends, news cycle etc...Shes getting destroyed now so he goes up. 

I feared something like this might happen.

Conveniently, the rape trial and the university trial were scheduled till after the election; reportedly the judge wanted "to be fair". :|

5 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

^ Agree. What the hell is her team or whoever doing!? As awful as the allegations are and prob true his lunatic supporters and even regular Republicans will NOT care at this point unless there's concrete documentation, tapes, audio, video. Whatever they got, needs to be out like tomorrow to dominate the weekend news cycle! One new poll out showing he's ahead in VA. :# Who the hell can deny he's surging.  Her team and surrogates are clearly tripping. Again, it's not about her lead it's about the trends, news cycle etc...Shes getting destroyed now so he goes up. 

Her camp can only do so much. The media has to do its job even more so...and they won't, cause we know where their bread is buttered.

5 hours ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

ONE?! Out of how many polls?! Have a look at poll of polls numbers and she is still ahead by 3.4 points in Virginia. And Trump supporters not caring although there is tons of proof about what's wrong with Trump? Where is the news? I'd be much more surprised if they would suddenly start to question him. Hillary Clinton should have never apologized or qualified her statement about Trump supporters being deplorables. They lack decency. And here the circle closes: "Have you no sense of decency, sir?". The most memorable words spoken to McCarthy during the infamous trials. Trials that were basically based on "guilty by suspicion". Who became to power and influence during those trials because of his work with McCarthy? Roy Cohn! Who was a client of Roy Cohn later? Donald Trump! Roy Cohn was basically Trumps teacher when it comes to politics. Most important lesson: Use your power, create fear, attack, counter-attack AND never apologize.

2 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Her camp can only do so much. The media has to do its job even more so...and they won't, cause we know where their bread is buttered.

I really do believe the media needs to figure out how they react to all the lessons to be learned from this election and the role the media has played. They seriously need a reminder of the ideals of journalism. They have lowered themselves to reporters. In a way I'm always shocked to watch CNNs State of the Race or other shows where they have those panels. This is not journalism. I don't see the point. They give a platform to people that just want to spew more lies and hate. And they let it happen. It's a shame. It's actually offensive to the intelligence of the viewer. They call themselves journalists yet they don't feel the need to interrupt or correct their interviewees when they are obviously wrong. What do they think is their job? Looking pretty with blonde hair and a nice smile? Do they believe people would think they are biased? They believe it anyway! They believe whatever they want. Especially those who see a conspiracy everywhere. My advice: stick to the facts, kick those propaganda people out of your shows. You may restore some of your dignity and reputation. The idea that journalism needs to be entertaining is utterly wrong. When it comes to politics entertainment is opium for masses. Journalism, if taken seriously, must be challenging. If that means, it does not cater to certain target groups, so be it.  

All you whining bitches moaning about the media and journalism, are probably the same people who watch reality tv shows like Kardashians and those stupid fucking housewives of Kentucky and Florida, instead of a David Attenborough documentary.

Face facts, we live in a society that cherishes dumbness ( reality tv, Kylie, Britney, gaga, big W,  housewive shows etc ) and now you want journalists to report intelligent and honest news. What's the point. Hilary and Trump appeal to the lowest common denominators in society, so the media are just doing their job!!! 

When America wants news with integrity and honesty, employ 2 presidential candidates who are not dickheads..? 

8 minutes ago, dollhouse said:

its done. there is no more coming.

women harassment VS. emails. 

Pick your fav.

Yep seems the media and stronger together pussied out on the bully. Dunno what on earth could come out now to possibly stop his momentum. They're not doing shit. 'If' there was anything Access Hollywood-esque would've already came out. With only 4 major days left in the news cycle before election day and tons/tons of early voting now I think HRC is fucked. 

4 hours ago, Ivy said:

All you whining bitches moaning about the media and journalism, are probably the same people who watch reality tv shows like Kardashians and those stupid fucking housewives of Kentucky and Florida, instead of a David Attenborough documentary.

Face facts, we live in a society that cherishes dumbness ( reality tv, Kylie, Britney, gaga, big W,  housewive shows etc ) and now you want journalists to report intelligent and honest news. What's the point. Hilary and Trump appeal to the lowest common denominators in society, so the media are just doing their job!!! 

When America wants news with integrity and honesty, employ 2 presidential candidates who are not dickheads..? 

giphy.gif

Anyway the only other thing that's been going around as an oppo possibility is an NDA signed by a woman who had an abortion after Trump got her pregnant. Should be huge news considering his views on abortion, but even if it's true, I doubt it'll even be a blip on his radar. I don't think anything will gain traction unless it's video or audio at this point.

Would have to be abortion from an underage girl and showing documentation or video/audio proof and w/in the last 10 years. Anything else he'll just lie/spin it in a vague but effective way to his followers. Sorry to say but at this point has to be really really bad. Otherwise whoever has oppo waited way too long. His loons still won't go anywhere but the dopey Repubs who 'came home' the last few days may hold back again= she possibly goes to back to a week ago #s

5 hours ago, Ivy said:

If you have lowered your standards, fine. But don't speak for me. When it comes to news I have very high standards. I still know the difference between news and commentary. And I don't limit myself when it comes to culture. I have diverse interests. I can enjoy the Real Housewives just as much as a documentary by Attenborough. But I'm able to differ and put things into perspective. I don't pretend reality TV is indeed reality. I know it's scripted. At the same time I don't think only someone who enjoys documentaries is allowed to have an opinion about the current state of news media. And I hate the Kardashians. Tried to watch it once and it was the most boring thing I have ever watched on TV. It was a big fat (no pun intended) nothing.

Hmm well maybe it is THAT bad and media saved it on purpose to destroy him final 3, 4 days and 'ground game' Tuesday.  Still wish if it even comes out would've been Wed or today at the latest. Dying to know what it is!! lol 

Poor Melania. Being dragged out to speak to his supporters. One thing must be said, she reads the teleprompter way better than her husband who always looks like remote-controlled from somewhere else. Which he certainly is, I'm convinced. I must say I'm still confused about the part of Melanias speech asking all those rhetoric questions, this doe you want your kids growing up safe, do you want education for everyone ... all questions that only can be answered with yes. Anyway. She was always saying "yes" at some of her own question. But she did not say "yes" when she asked if people want Trump to be president. Now I wonder if this shows her true feelings or if she was just reading the inserts on the teleprompter loudly which were just to show "now audience will cheer and scream yes".

34 minutes ago, Ciccone's Cheeks said:

Untitled.jpg

I have googled the guy. He is a writer and worked as a production manager in Ukraine. This and his tweet seems to suggest about something linked to Russia. Hence the exile part. Hopefully it shows that his whole company is basically owned by Russia or that his company helped Russians in a money laundering scheme or he broke some of the sanctions against Russia. It's no secret that many Russians as well as Saudis and Chinese have bought huge parts of NY real estate for parking their money from dubious sources. Look at many of those luxury skyscrapers. Hardly anyone lives there. I think for a year now, buyers in NY must be made public. The numbers of buyers especially from Russia and China has decreased significantly. Also, today I read somewhere that there are allegations about him being blackmailed by Russia.

8 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

I have googled the guy. He is a writer and worked as a production manager in Ukraine. This and his tweet seems to suggest about something linked to Russia. Hence the exile part. Hopefully it shows that his whole company is basically owned by Russia or that his company helped Russians in a money laundering scheme or he broke some of the sanctions against Russia. It's no secret that many Russians as well as Saudis and Chinese have bought huge parts of NY real estate for parking their money from dubious sources. Look at many of those luxury skyscrapers. Hardly anyone lives there. I think for a year now, buyers in NY must be made public. The numbers of buyers especially from Russia and China has decreased significantly. Also, today I read somewhere that there are allegations about him being blackmailed by Russia.

Hear you but WHY would most Rethugs continue to roll w/ this POS? Telling me no one...even his biggest supporters/surrogates have any idea this is gonna happen?! lol

On 11/2/2016 at 7:31 AM, Kim said:

Well, I just mean in the respect that the vote is close, there may be an upset with the polls, and what won it for Brexit was a large swathe of dispossessed people coming out to vote against the establishment (or so they thought) I do think there will be an element of that there as well. Also, there was a hefty 72% turnout in the UK, the biggest for any sort of election in recent history. While the mindset where I am was "of course people won't be so stupid...." It turned out just enough people were.

Anyway, I just heard on the news that so far it's looking like the Reps are just a tiny bit ahead in

I actually believe a Brexit upset was more possible when she was leading in the polls by a larger margin. Even I was getting complacent with things. All of this over the last week had been a huge shot of adrenaline to democtats who were feeling she had it in the bag. 

Both bases are coming "home" at this point. He's getting republicans and right leaning independents who were holding out. That's where his support is coming from. 

She's going to win. Just not by the amount she deserved to win by. Our country deserved to show the world we don't stand for the absolutely disgusting movement Trump has started. 

18 minutes ago, whyme? said:

New polls were released from Nevada and NH showing Hillary down by quite a bit!

This race is getting really close and this FBI nonsense really hurt her polling.

Nevada would be a nice extra. Just like Utah. Just like Arizona. Those states are usually red. If she could turn them blue the better. But I think most electoral maps have them on red anyway. New Hampshire? The senator and governor are both woman, both democrats. Who there votes for Trump?

2 minutes ago, Raider of the lost Ark said:

Nevada would be a nice extra. Just like Utah. Just like Arizona. Those states are usually red. If she could turn them blue the better. But I think most electoral maps have them on red anyway. New Hampshire? The senator and governor are both woman, both democrats. Who there votes for Trump?

Nevada is pretty purple and not nearly as conservative as Utah or Arizona. Even Arizona isn't as ruby red as it used be. 

And let's not forget New Hampshire voted for Bush in 2004. Everyone blames Florida for costing Gore the election. But had he won those 4 electoral votes, he would've won without Florida. NH is a quirky little state when it comes to politics. 

2 hours ago, KalamazooJay said:

And what's ironic, if Clintons "blue wall" holds and she loses NH, Trump would win by the same margin Bush did in 2000. 

true but have a feeling that 2000-2012 map is gonna be dramatically changed after this election. have this feeling lots of shockers are gonna happen Tues to parallel this fcked up election.