BREXIT vote aftermath

Hope the Brits reverse this result somehow. I d be glad if they stay. However if they stay I hope they won't oppose the idea of the European superstate proposed by Germany and France.

That has happened to 99% of cities in Europe but we don't blame "immigration". Greed is what's making houses go up, unless there's really a real shortage, but i sincerely doubt that the pressure of population in towns like London makes a house go from 90.000 to 700.000 in ten years. Not even after the blitz in the 40s would have rise the price of a house that absurd amount.

Sedondly, health system is ALWAYS under preassure. And governments have to give lots of money. It's everywhere like that, but that's why we pay taxes for, in the first place.

Thirdly, working class is suffering the most because we earn less, compared to the price of living.

And all that has nothing to do with immigration.

You can't say immigration has nothing to do with the other issues. They are all interlinked and many Europeans miss that we are a population of 65million in an area much smaller than France or Spain who have smaller populations so increases in populations are felt more. Secondly our housing market has had a massive influx of foreigners buying London properties as investments but don't live there. There's a large flat development in London which has hardly any residents as most of the flats are owned by foreigners to make money. There is a 3 million housing shortage, consequently it's a case of supply and demand.

But yes our press has fuelled the countries perception on immigrants. I also think though we have an island mentality. It's easy to go from country to country on the mainland which helps that feeling of being part of Europe. We don't have that so we always feel separated from the rest of the continent.

I don't understand why some people think that the EU is butthurt.

Or wishes harm on the UK. That's got nothing 2 do with it.

Telling Britain to leave now, means taking care of business,

and we have a lot of business 2 tend 2. Why should anyone

b offended by that, b offended by the populist Brexit campaign,

not the result!

U can't expect 27 other countries 2 just sit around waiting for the Tori

party 2 get their shit 2gether or 4 Boris 2 unveil his career plans. Fuck that shit.

We are facing some of the biggest problems in modern history, Britain has chosen

2 leave in the middle of the storm, fine, we accept that, but we should also accept

that the EU needs a strong reform 2 deal with global issues.

And obviously out means out, that was the whole point wasn't it?

But onwards & upwards, 4 both parties, I say. ( I hope )

Exactly. This butt hurt attitude from some of the remainers is ridiculous. And I say this as someone that voted to remain!

Britain is a mess at the moment though. We need strong leadership and there is none. It is unsettling. That should be the focus and not crying over spilt milk or asking for a second referendum. And don't get me started on Scotland.

Exactly. This butt hurt attitude from some of the remainers is ridiculous. And I say this as someone that voted to remain!

Britain is a mess at the moment though. We need strong leadership and there is none. It is unsettling. That should be the focus and not crying over spilt milk or asking for a second referendum. And don't get me started on Scotland.

Honey the world is a mess...I swear 2 God, these r ugly times.

Hysteria? So far I have only seen people having normal discussions what the result could mean. Some negative effects? I like your optimism. There'll be alot of negative effects. People still don't see the whole picture. Now they concentrate on the stock exchange and the pound. People are still looking at the immediate and direct results of the outcome. The real problems will start with the indirect results. And it has already begun. The downgrade of the UKs credit rating will result in higher interest rates for the UK to borrow money which they need for the household to fill the deficit. That means the UK will have less money for other things, usually social things because the costs of borrowing money has increased. What the outcome has brought is a lot of uncertainty. The worst thing for an economy. As a result investments will be lowered or even put on hold. That means no additional jobs will be created, no extra income from taxes. All of this may even result in job losses once the UK loses access to the European market or taxes and fees will be imposed on UK goods which will make it hard for UK goods to be competitive (because they are more expensive) in comparison to EU / American / Chinese goods. This job loss will result in a further decrease of tax income from either companies and employees. In return, costs for benefits for unemployment will increase. After all people will have lower disposable income which is bad for the national market. People not consuming means decrease of income from VAT. You see, all of this is disastrous for the national household and I wonder where all the promised money for the NHS is supposed to be coming from when a huge deficit as a result of the Brexit is more than likely.

:thumbsup:

I think that's the main problem, right now

It may be funny or amusing to some ignorant people here but the fact of the matter is that the decision was made and we as British people now need to get on with it. Sorry but some of the things said here by some American posters here and videos posted are pure bullshit.

Yes right that's why they're taking their precious time to trigger article 50 because this is not the result the LEAVE campaigners themselves or Cameron who is responsible for this and only did it to serve internal UK politics strategies, expected and are now completely unprepared and unwilling to deal with the consequences.

And once that article is invoked an irreversible process starts. You cannot expect those EU leaders to be accomodating to Cameron & Co while the brunt of all of this in terms of market instability, currency instability, borders, terrorism, Middle East, NATO and dealings with Russia is thrust upon 440m citizens of the other 27 EU member states too.

And I'd like to add that the people who have pushed London property prices to skyrocket and by extension all of the UK are not the Syrian refugees bombed with Western World banking money or a few Polish immigrants but mega wealthy tycoons from Russia, China and Qatar etc who are encouraged and facilitated to do so by the very same privileges the City Of London enjoys WITHIN the EU. Isn't that ironic?

This is not a storm in a tea cup. A lot of people are legitimately concerned. EU existence threatened by a scenario of imitation or not.

I don't understand why some people think that the EU is butthurt.

Or wishes harm on the UK. That's got nothing 2 do with it.

Telling Britain to leave now, means taking care of business,

and we have a lot of business 2 tend 2. Why should anyone

b offended by that, b offended by the populist Brexit campaign,

not the result!

U can't expect 27 other countries 2 just sit around waiting for the Tori

party 2 get their shit 2gether or 4 Boris 2 unveil his career plans. Fuck that shit.

We are facing some of the biggest problems in modern history, Britain has chosen

2 leave in the middle of the storm, fine, we accept that, but we should also accept

that the EU needs a strong reform 2 deal with global issues.

But onwards & upwards, 4 both parties, I say. ( I hope )

Precisely what I meant

It may be funny or amusing to some ignorant people here but the fact of the matter is that the decision was made and we as British people now need to get on with it. Sorry but some of the things said here by some American posters here and videos posted are pure bullshit.

Be careful. Soon you will be called:

Racist

Ignorant

Dumb

That's exactly the point. That was never the desired and much less the expected outcome from the same perspective of those that benefitted from putting the whole thing into motion in the first place, that's why they are now desperate to buy time and are asking for more informal talks in the illusion of being able to secure more special treatment for the country and only to serve their own little petty interests.

You know though that Liechtenstein is just a very tiny place - basically just a valley with a handful of towns with below 40 000 people living there. You really want to compare that to the almighty UK. What about discussing the mindblowing issue why the Vatican doesn't take a fair share of 2000-4000 foreigners instead.

Well the Vatican is even tinier but neither should be 'protected' if the UK can't be. So much for not being able to 'Cherry pick' what you want from the EU. There is so much bias, hypocrisy and imbalance exposed in the EU as a result of Brexit. It's funny that nobody is discussing that though.

The majority of EU representatives showed a horrible and immature attitude towards the UK today. I'm disappointed but I guess it's like a bad break up. I just wish that the political media would STOP painting the picture tyat Farage has won a battle. Don't make him a figurehead. I can guarantee that the VAST MAJORITY leave voters don't take any inspiration from this fuckwit.

That's exactly the point. That was never the desired outcome from the same perspective of those that benefitted from putting the whole thing into motion in the first place, that's why they are now desperate to buy time and asking for more informal talks in the illusion of being able to secure more special treatment for the country and only to serve their own little petty interests.

Why don't you talk about how Italy and the Vatican does that? It sounds to me like you are scared for the future of your own country and instead of admitting that you're spending all of your time going on about the UK. As Madonna said: OWN YOUR SHIT.

Cameron is having a press conference in Brussels right now....blaming everyone but himself....letting his successor deal with the shit.

No face till the end.

Cameron: EU leaders 'very sad that we have have chosen to leave'
Posted at 23:33

David Cameron is holding a press conference following his meeting with other EU leaders in Brussels.

He says this will be his last European Council summit. He says while such meetings are "long and frustrating and difficult", they bring together nations who were "not so long ago in conflict".

The PM says other EU leaders respect the UK referendum result but "are very sad that we have have chosen to leave this institution".

Mr Cameron adds that, "until Britain leaves it is a full paying member of this institution" and that triggering article 50 soon "was not the mood of the meeting".

I find it weird The Queen (the other one not Madonna) has not said a thing or made sure her opinion found its way in the media....(you know the famous sources close to)

image.jpg

Cameron is having a press conference in Brussels right now....blaming everyone but himself....letting his successor deal with the shit.

No face till the end.

What is he to BLAME for though? Why are people so angry about a perfectly legal, humane and democratic process? To be fair to him he was fairly adamant we should remain.

Farrage or not British voters who voted in favour of LEAVE haven't even been given an adequate snapshot af all the advantages that come from being a member of the EU and were only instigated by people like Johnson to look at it exclusively in terms of an immigration or job market perspective when the truth is that Britain doesn't even have, as of now already, the same limitations that France, Germany, Spain, Italy or Greece have as far as border control goes, by virtue of having said no to Schengen, on top of not having adopted the currency.

I wonder how all the people who voted leave because of immigration are going to react when they realise that there will be the exact same free movement of labour as before in order to secure our access to the single market. Even Boris Johnson has admitted this, and Angela Merkel has made it clear that the UK would have 'no special favours' when negotiating its access. Leavers all spoke like we would have some glorious deal, all on our terms, with less immigration. I did say all this was dreaming ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes right that's why they're taking their precious time to trigger article 50 because this is not the result the LEAVE campaigners themselves or Cameron who is responsible for this and only did it to serve internal UK politics strategies, expected and are now completely unprepared and unwilling to deal with the consequences.

And once that article is invoked an irreversible process starts. You cannot expect those EU leaders to be accomodating to Cameron & Co while the brunt of all of this in terms of market instability, currency instability, borders, terrorism, Middle East, NATO and dealings with Russia is thrust upon 440m citizens of the other 27 EU member states too.

And I'd like to add that the people who have pushed London property prices to skyrocket and by extension all of the UK are not the Syrian refugees bombed with Western World banking money or a few Polish immigrants but mega wealthy tycoons from Russia, China and Qatar etc who are encouraged and facilitated to do so by the very same privileges the City Of London enjoys WITHIN the EU. Isn't that ironic?

This is not a storm in a tea cup. A lot of people are legitimately concerned. EU existence threatened by a scenario of imitation or not.

This 100%.

Some people are way too ignorant to talk on the matter because they don't know basic facts of economics. But for the everyday person if you have someone like Richard Branson begging people to stay in the EU that should have woken people up.

What is he to BLAME for though? Why are people so angry about a perfectly legal, humane and democratic process? To be fair to him he was fairly adamant we should remain.

But wasn't Cameron blaming the EU for all this countrys problems? And who went ahead with this idea of a referendum? He did campaign for the Stay vote but he wasn't credible. He fucked up big time.. Now things are okay but wait until recession hits us and then everybody will be angrier. I will probably say I told you so... lol

I still don't believe we are getting out of the EU. I think they will reach some compromise and the people voted Leave will have to suck it up.

Why don't you talk about how Italy and the Vatican does that? It sounds to me like you are scared for the future of your own country and instead of admitting that you're spending all of your time going on about the UK. As Madonna said: OWN YOUR SHIT.

This post alone shows how much you still don't understand about the issue. Stop with your nationalistic BS here. I have voiced my disgust and that of many Italians about the many problems and contradictions of "my country" or the corruption of our political élite and The Vatican many times on this forum. We are witnessing something unprecedented that affects every country in the world but you are making it a matter for Britain only. Everyone should be allowed to express an opinion on any issue provided it's done in a respectful way, regardless of their nationality.

People are mostly criticising the "there's time" response of those that allowed the referendum on such a delicate matter in the first place and are now questioning their lying about the real reason behind it more than the LEAVE result per se.

Maybe you could take some of your "own your shit" medicine and make an informed post that for once is not treating the discussion superficially or being condescending to posters of other nationalities.

You have yet to address ONE of the many arguments presented in this thread about the real reasons behind the referendum or about the implications of its outcome from a legal and red tape perspective alone on a global level. You evade every single one of those arguments on purpose and throw in something dismissive or not pertaining to the discussion, "why are people bullying Britain, look at your own country's problems first". Something so ridiculous to say since in this kind of world we are all interconnected.

But I forgot that "it was an illegal immigrant" to mug you in France.

Guest Mauro

Marine Le Pen hails how 'Britain gave the Europeans lesson in democracy"

359E15B500000578-0-image-a-1_14671010077

• Marine Le Pen said the choice for Britain to leave was a 'historic moment'
  • National Front leader said the vote was a 'dazzling lesson in democracy'
  • Said EU debate was 'at the heart of the next French presidential elections'

She said: 'That which no-one dared to dream about a few months back is now a reality which is clear to everyone: yes, it's possible to leave the EU.

'The British people have given to the Europeans, and also the world, a dazzling lesson in democracy.'

Teresa Villiers is naive and over optimistic. Seems to be confident that the Union will not break up with Scots not going for independence. I hope they do.

Seems to be confident that trading between North and South will continue as much the same as now.

She's really been a very inadequate Secretary of State for Northern Ireland and should go

She said: 'That which no-one dared to dream about a few months back is now a reality which is clear to everyone: yes, it's possible to leave the EU.

'The British people have given to the Europeans, and also the world, a dazzling lesson in democracy.'

Piggy looks like somebody is holding a gun in front of her, it makes me want to scream : SHOOT ! SHOOT !

She said: 'That which no-one dared to dream about a few months back is now a reality which is clear to everyone: yes, it's possible to leave the EU.[/size]

'The British people have given to the Europeans, and also the world, a dazzling lesson in democracy.'[/size]

She means a lesson in racism and xenophobia. All I've learned from this referendum is how racist this country truly is.. The Leave vote only proved this mentality "Fuck off to your won country!" It's disgusting and totally anti democratic so no Le Pen it's no lesson in democracy. If anything it's shameful and ancient and totally unacceptable!

By the way know it might go off topic but what's happened to that famous debate Madonna was supposed to have with Marie Le Pen? She and her party were responsible for creating a mess during the MDNA tour at the Olympia in Paris. Madonna took the offer of having a debate with her.. What ever happened to that? Did Le Pen realize she would come across as a true racist nazi in the presence of no bullshit Madonna?!

She means a lesson in racism and xenophobia. All I've learned from this referendum is how racist this country truly is.. The Leave vote only proved this mentality "Fuck off to your won country!" It's disgusting and totally anti democratic so no Le Pen it's no lesson in democracy. If anything it's shameful and ancient and totally unacceptable!

It hasn't proved how racist the country is, it might have given xenophobics a feeling that they are able to say and do as they please, but to say this country is truly racist is wrong. It's a crime to say xenophobic phrases or spew racism. These type of people exist all over the world and racist fights and abuse has been hurled with or without brexit sadly. Just the other week a black girl on a bus was filmed telling muslim women they are ISIS and should go home or something alogn those lines, she was caught and charged. And on the otherside you have sharia patrol and people like anjem choudary spewing hatrid on the streets of london too. It's all a big mess, but it's not everyone, more people condemn it than practice it.

It hasn't proved how racist the country is, it might have given xenophobics a feeling that they are able to say and do as they please, but to say this country is truly racist is wrong. It's a crime to say xenophobic phrases or spew racism. These type of people exist all over the world and racist fights and abuse has been hurled with or without brexit sadly. Just the other week a black girl on a bus was filmed telling muslim women they are ISIS and should go home or something alogn those lines, she was caught and charged. And on the otherside you have sharia patrol and people like anjem choudary spewing hatrid on the streets of london too. It's all a big mess, but it's not everyone, more people condemn it than practice it.

It's not full on racism but it's latent racism which can be worse because it can be easily indoctrinated to the ignorants! The fact the headlines were screaming We Have Taken Our Country Back should ring bells... I know it's hard to accept and I know it's painful as it is but the Leave vote was a victory for those people.... Like it or not. I'm sorry to say this but most people who voted out they did it because of the immigration issue. As I said racism was at the core of the Leave vote. Le Pen with her far right views knows it very well that's why she's saying England is a true democracy. She knows people want out because of the immigrants.. And she ll back the Leave campaign for France making exactly the same points as Boris and Farage. None of those people will say they re racist as the majority of the British people would never call themselves racists! I call them wolves in sheep clothing although it's transparent to me what kind of agenda they actually have in store.