Montreal 9/10 Bell Center: 2nd NIGHT - fan reviews

Guest ditaluver

well maybe we can tell Guy. to add lap especially for australia or maybe even before that. if the spanish medley worked better (and maybe holiday) it may not be needed but just to be sure aussies won't complain.. i think its best to add LAP. its like the grand song everyone LOVES (aslong she doesn't pull a lfl and makes it a weird mix lol)

maybe she needs to add like a prayer. just as an encore. she seems open to change a few things. ok we didn't get any signs she may, but thats the vibe i get. she's so nice on this tour. or maybe add some drums or bass in holiday, give it punch.

i do think she should add like a prayer. the spanish medley sometimes works & sometimes doesn't. i heard a girl saying "oh i don't like that" on periscope;)

yeah i heard that too...it was a little lackluster but for fans of those songs, it's nice to hear them regardless...

I'm always excited for her dancing and this is the first time i'm not seeing much of it. her energy is there, don't get me wrong but look back to MDNA the first section has so much choreo and ends with such a high energy chore performance...

for this show, she just does hand gestures in the first section (the opening performance is impressive...i especially love the little flips she does and BIM, more hand gestures)...the most dancing she does is during like a virgin but it seems like all the other performances that have dancing even in holiday, she just lets the dancers do it and walks around the stage...it's weird. i kind of bothers me.

i really expected some dance choreo in devil pray during the dance break and she just walks around the dancers and touches them...same during holy water and vogue, some walking in time but no dance...

the highlights are her on guitar but that's a bit of a shock to me i guess.

well maybe we can tell Guy. to add lap especially for australia or maybe even before that. if the spanish medley worked better (and maybe holiday) it may not be needed but just to be sure aussies won't complain.. i think its best to add LAP

LAP is so overdone, and I wouldn't mind not hearing it again for a while. I wouldn't want to cut anything else out in its place. Also that is guaranteed to be the same old, since it's always just the choir thing.

well maybe we can tell Guy. to add lap especially for australia or maybe even before that. if the spanish medley worked better (and maybe holiday) it may not be needed but just to be sure aussies won't complain.. i think its best to add LAP. its like the grand song everyone LOVES (aslong she doesn't pull a lfl and makes it a weird mix lol)

I think they deserve it regardless! This could be her last time ever touring Australia for all we know - they should experience it! I'm sure she'll tweak the setlist a little bit once she goes down under. Rebel Heart the album will already be a year old by then and the Aussies are gonna want hits

LAP is so overdone, and I wouldn't mind not hearing it again for a while. I wouldn't want to cut anything else out in its place. Also that is guaranteed to be the same old, since it's always just the choir thing.

we are talking about australia

they pay a lot money and then they may not get her most loved song.. they didn't get it for the girlie show either.

She should DEF add Like a Prayer at least in Australia. They deserve it. And yes, she seems open to change. She certainly was on MDNA - she added Holiday and GI2M like 2/3 of the way through and this show feels much more malleable than MDNA so I'm sure there will be some tweaks along the way

But those additions to MDNA were small little clips of songs. They weren't fully pre-sequenced performances.

I doubt she's going to add anything. This show has a massive list of songs already.

we are talking about australia

they pay a lot money and then they may not get her most loved song.. they didn't get it for the girlie show either.

It's a long way to Australia and maybe she thought of it already. It can't hurt to ask but I wouldn't want a change for North America.

But those additions to MDNA were small little clips of songs. They weren't fully pre-sequenced performances.

I doubt she's going to add anything. This show has a massive list of songs already.

She could easily add little clips to this show - especially because its low-key and intimate format would allow that pretty easily

As for Holiday, I'm actually glad it's the original arrangement. Finally!!! That song is a pure classic. Doesn't need too much more.

And I'm sure in the arena the song has plenty of punch. Videos usually have crappy audio quality, but the few good ones sound great. Doesn't fall flat at all sound-wise.

I do agree though that the end needs a punch. I was thinking something along the lines of the final song on The Girlie Show. Have the band play out, put their individual flair on the song, maybe even introduce the band instrument by instrument (which she hasn't done in a long time), and then as she goes up in the air, have the band play out, and then bang on all those instruments for a full crescendo as the final punch on the song.

Really...all it needs is a bit of punch in the band playing out at the end.

This show is nothing less than divine perfection. Who's That Girl with guitar is so affecting.

The lack of dancing that some are mentioning doesn't bother me in the least. I treasure the quality of her vocals as they have been spot on this era.

She puts so much thought into her creative vision and the set list.

Another five star effort from the greatest artist of our times.

i'm starting to think the same... seriously and i got my friends SO amped for it...

ugh

my head is going to explode. she doesn't do any choreography i think at all.

she sounds amazing and it's nice to hear so many amazing songs. i mean, i cried during true blue and i'm watching on my laptop.

rebel heart is moving, la vie too...whos that girl too

la isla is great

holy water is fun to watch...but something is missing. something ALL her other tours had...that I'm not sure i understand how it can be out of the equation...she's always so diligent about her dancing...

idk

maybe live it's different.

I'll be negative since no one else will: this is not a Madonna show - this is definitely not MDNA. I don't believe that they rehearsed for 3 months, maybe a weekend. I was planning on seeing RHT twice, but once is enough for me. I get people are enthralled, but whatever. Please don't ban me because I like coming here.

This show is nothing less than divine perfection. Who's That Girl with guitar is so affecting.

The lack of dancing that some are mentioning doesn't bother me in the least. I treasure the quality of her vocals as they have been spot on this era.

I love your comments, they are always thoughtful and uplifting.

there's nothing to be negative about. the show is beautiful. the visuals are great. the interludes are pretty awesome. the intro and entrance is grand as M always delivers...

the ending is a bit too abrupt and she doesn't have any memorable choreography...

the outfits are bit messy too. nothing is strikingly iconic. the flapper dress is the coolest one in my opinion and that's hard for me to accept.

BIM seems off with the black cloak.

Burning Up is great but its just on guitar...

Material girl she just walks slowly to the front.

i think this will appeal most to her casual fans and that's a great thing...i guess.

not as great for me. i love the crazy edgy, dancey M...

i mean...there's not ONE performance we could practise at home lol

every tour has multiple ones...lots of them. this one has...not. one. unless you can be carried down from a cage.

She could easily add little clips to this show - especially because its low-key and intimate format would allow that pretty easily

Really, only the acoustic numbers though. If you notice in MDNA, those little add-ons of Holiday and Everybody (and SL) at select shows didn't sound quite as fully developed as the rest of the actual show songs because they weren't fully pre-sequenced. So she could add something, but unless it's only on guitar or ukulele, it's probably not going to sound as fully developed sound-wise unless they do that work before hand. With these kinds of highly technical theatrical shows, once the show is set music/visual/tech wise, you can't really just change things up unless that work is all done beforehand and set aside. You have to save that mostly for the little moments with just guitar or piano...

Preach it babe :)