RIP ESTHER (2002-2005): a tenth anniversary celebration

Apples388

Err, did you misread the thread title darling? We all loved & still do love Esther. Don't get it twisted hun. Come join the party, it's a celebration!!

15913175-15913177-large.jpg

Man this is so weird to look at in retrospect. :lol: As if we entered an alternate universe. A universe where Madonna went on to become a conservative school teacher instead of "MADONNA!". I find myself not being able to connect the dots in my head while looking at this. WHO IS THAT PERSON!!!!!!!!!? :lol: But yes, even though Madonna tried to be a good girl wife, and diminished herself and swallowed her light...Her rebel heart self still managed to make appearances around this time. The Britney kiss being one someone mentioned.

Remember that documentary she released where she would flash subliminal images of jewish crap at us every few minutes!??!?!?!? :rotfl:

I will forever stan for I'm Going to Tell You about Kabbalah. I love it. Wish she would do another tour doc. Would have loved to have seen one for MDNA with all the world issues and stuff at every turn that she was tackling. That whole tour was full of noteworthy moments.

Hey! Esther brought some great shyt so you haters can all go fuck and suck some jewish cock!...oh wait a minute, I am a jew...ok pants are down ....

Guest CzarnaWisnia

this was actually a late Esther appearance, when she momentarily possessed Slutdonna's body for a night:

madonna-grammy-56th-awards.jpg

but then Slutdonna was soon revived fully:

madonna.jpg?w=580

I actually loved this era. She truly looked fabulous. It was obviously calculated to soften the whole American Life mess. It actually worked to an extent and layed the groundwork for the Confessions era.

However, that picture of her feeding the chickens is simply unforgivable.

How come everyone says she's so small when she's average height, IDGI. I keep hearing she's tiny IRL.

Madonna is 5 foot 4, which is average height actually. So many women in Hollywood are very tall as ex models so I think she looks tiny in comparison.

I love the video for Love Profusion too.

Confused about why some fans are minimizing this part of Madonna's complex personality. "Esther" continues to be part of her today.

It's also not surprising M went through a period of writing children's books because she's always seemed to place the most importance on being a mom after she started having kids.

Wasn't everybody like "OMG, Esther is making a comeback!" with the whole Art For Freedom thing and especially after Freedom, Borrowed Time and Revolution leaked? :chuckle:

For the record, I love me some Preach-Donna (keyword, *some*).

Madonna is 5 foot 4, which is average height actually. So many women in Hollywood are very tall as ex models so I think she looks tiny in comparison.

I love the video for Love Profusion too.

:thumbsup:

5ft 4 and a half to be exact and that's 164cm (according to all bio and possible sources available), she's even quoted commenting on that half a inch: "it's very important to me" :rotfl::inlove:

Just for fun, as a term of comparison:

Kilo 152cm 5 ft 2 (now that's a real midget :chuckle: )

Ariana Grande 153cm

Gargamel 155cm

Geri 155cm

Shakira/Emma Bunton 157cm

Janette 161cm (5 ft 3 and a half)

Victoria Beckham 163cm

Esther/ JLO 164cm (5ft 4 and a half)

Melanie B 165cm

Miley 165cm

Melanie C/Dustin Hoffman 167cm (5ft 6)

Whitney 168cm

Beyonce 169cm

Tom Cruise 170cm

Sandra Bullock 171cm

Rihanna/Katy Perry/Angela Lansbury 173cm (5 ft 8)

Mariah Carey/Julia Roberts 175cm (5 ft 9)

Taylor Swift 178cm (5 ft 10 and a half)

Nicole Kidman/Brad Pitt 180cm (5ft 11)

Calvin Harris 197cm (6ft 5 and a half)

Like Pud said she's petite in terms of frame and bone structure but she has a more than respectable height

She's definitely still Esther. None of her Rebel Heart concert dates are on a Friday night. And this September, none of the dates are on the Jewish high holidays!

:thumbsup:

She may talk infinitely less about it compared to 2003/2004 in particular but she's stuck to those studies and has now been into them for 19 years. I agree with what Erotica Blu said, her spirituality enhances her work in general and it is a very important dimension of her personality and work as an artist

She has tons of spiritual lyrics and spiritual tension in her work long before she started studing Cabala texts

cross.jpg

Let's get this straight though, as irritating those years might have been in retrospective, she never stopped giving us GREAT moments!!!

Madonna-Re-Invention-Tour-Screenshots-ma

Madonna-X-Static-Process-Photoshoot-mado

Madonna-American-Life-Photoshoot-madonna

How can you NOT love this???

Exactly :clap:

Some of her best work musically and visually was during 2002- 2005

Her visual work for RIT alone was something else

Red McQueen Esther rules

Also, her voice 2001-2006 was sublime :dramatic:

So if she wanted to study the Cabala no problem with that because she amply delivered to her subjects

Confused about why some fans are minimizing this part of Madonna's complex personality. "Esther" continues to be part of her today.

It's also not surprising M went through a period of writing children's books because she's always seemed to place the most importance on being a mom after she started having kids.

Well some people here say that Guy Ritchie forced her to wear floral dresses and take up writing kiddie books :rotfl:

As much as I dislike him for taking $120m from her that's such a preposterous notion. She did what she wanted to do during those years and she produced some of her best work. She was living part time in London and studying the Cabala long before she met Guy Ritchie. There's nothing worse than a Gay Ritchie complex.

Best illustration of Madonna's motives for writing those books was an interview she did with Diane Sawyer. "What moral authority do you have to write children's books?"

"SEX and sexuality was the topic I was interested in exploring 10 years ago, now I have children so it makes perfect sense for me to be interested in children's stories"

"I don't need any moral authority, I think I can write any books I want if I'm interested in what I'm doing" :rotfl:

A clear, honest answer to such a moronic, provincial question to begin with. Cynthia Mcfadden/Meredith Viera seem much more intelligent, warm and likeable than that condescending, stiff, limited woman. Her Britney Spears interview from 2002 is shameful.

In honour of this thread:

https://vimeo.com/104797825

XXL, Kylie is actually only 5 foot. You have given her an extra 2 inches in height. She will love you forever.

Her sister Dannii is 5 foot 2

:D I didn't know that Jan, I stand corrected

A real real midget then :lol:

Double real

I didn't know her sister was taller than her, thought they were twins or something :laugh: