RIP ESTHER (2002-2005): a tenth anniversary celebration

Apples388

Oh, the Esther lovers come out with the fangs I see :lol:

Look carefully- no one dissed Esther the artist. Just saying.

And what's wrong with kylie's height? I know ppl despise her on here but at her physical peak (Spinning Around) her body was off the charts beautiful.

Guest Pud Whacker

Oh, the Esther lovers come out with the fangs I see :lol:

Look carefully- no one dissed Esther the artist. Just saying.

And what's wrong with kylie's height? I know ppl despise her on here but at her physical peak (Spinning Around) her body was off the charts beautiful.

Kylie has a marvelous figure and always has and nobody can take it.

I love Esther and her anthics :lol: She pushed the Kabbalah button a bit too many times for my taste but I just found it rather endearing.

This moment was adorable. Oh Esther :inlove:

1:42

Well some people here say that Guy Ritchie forced her to wear floral dresses and take up writing kiddie books :rotfl:

As much as I dislike him for taking $120m from her that's such a preposterous notion. She did what she wanted to do during those years and she produced some of her best work. She was living part time in London and studying the Cabala long before she met Guy Ritchie. There's nothing worse than a Gay Ritchie complex.

I didn't say she wasn't able to do what she wanted artistically. In fact I'm sure she was still pretty much in control of her career. But the whole lady of the manor image, that sort of English lady persona wasn't her! I must assume she did all that to please Guy as a way to say "this guy is not Mr Madonna but I'm the one actually following him". She was in love after all and she didn't want her man to have the Mr Madonna complex. She even had her jacket with Mrs Ritchie embroiled on it like a trophy. She promoted the shit out of his films and she even moved to England! As someone here already pointed out I Don't Give A is very telling on how she felt after the relationship ended. She did indeed acquire a more demure and elegant image to please him when in reality Madonna is... well, she is Madonna as we came to know her through the years but my point is people have confused her "toned down" behaviour as a result of her growing interest with Kabbalah (she even had herself called with a spiritual name) but I strongly believe Kabbalah/Esther had nothing to do with it but it was more her play the good wife.

Guest Pud Whacker

Nobody made that gapped toothed trollop do shit. Madonna loves to throw herself into self imposed prison only to bitch and complain about it.

She's a nun/schoolmarm at heart. In constant servitude to god and education.

And there ain't nothing wrong with any of that.

She's even spoken about it interviews. This year even. We forget quickly don't we? :1251:

Look I don't think Madonna was a failure during the Esther era- she had many career highlights. But there was an uptight air about the whole thing and sometimes things just felt too safe and yeah, I'll say it- BORING. Stuff like the kids books or RIT gets a bad rap on here for a reason- it's boring for a lot of us, and that was hammered home VERY clearly once 2006 hit and she started becoming gradually more spontaneous and cheeky.

I've said on here before how Madonna fans were so bored, that at 1 point during that sleepy post-2001, pre-2006 era, we'd get excited over paparazzi pictures of her wearing a parka or a random public appearance at one of Guy's crap movies.

She may have made all her own choices to behave like an elementary school principal and otherwise dismiss her pre-1994 behavior, but she herself has alluded to that being the influences and investment of a marriage she was very devoted to. Nothing wrong with it, but it's nice to look back and see how much more unapologetic and real she has been since she has become a single woman.

She's even spoken about it interviews. This year even. We forget quickly don't we? :1251:

Look I don't think Madonna was a failure during the Esther era- she had many career highlights. But there was an uptight air about the whole thing and sometimes things just felt too safe and yeah, I'll say it- BORING. Stuff like the kids books or RIT gets a bad rap on here for a reason- it's boring for a lot of us, and that was hammered home VERY clearly once 2006 hit and she started becoming gradually more spontaneous and cheeky.

I've said on here before how Madonna fans were so bored, that at 1 point during that sleepy post-2001, pre-2006 era, we'd get excited over paparazzi pictures of her wearing a parka or a random public appearance at one of Guy's crap movies.

She may have made all her own choices to behave like an elementary school principal and otherwise dismiss her pre-1994 behavior, but she herself has alluded to that being the influences and investment of a marriage she was very devoted to. Nothing wrong with it, but it's nice to look back and see how much more unapologetic and real she has been since she has become a single woman.

Well said!

Guest Pud Whacker

That's an interesting POV. I view madonna as one of the most apologetic people in the public eye. She's always going on about it!!!

My take has always been if someone really is unapologetic, they shut their mouths.

On one hand I see her as very evolved and intelligent. On the other I see her as juvenile.

LOOK DAD!!! MY TITS!!!!

:lol:

I love all her multiple personalities.

I definitely think she was apologetic during Esther era. Not so much now. Instagram has made her have to check herself a few times, but when it comes to stuff like the entire MDNA Tour for example, or the grillz, or the outfits, or the music, she very much just lets the insults fly her way and keeps doing her thing. She knows the grillz are hideous, she knows her supposed "ungraceful" aging is freaking everyone out. But she continues to troll us all and she's definitely got balls for doing it.

Remember when the biggest insult people would fling at Madonna was that she was an uptight, newly-boring wannabe British bitch? SNL even went there with the Ka-Boring thing, and called her a "boring joke." :lol:

You can't call her boring or uptight now. they'll call her an old desperate whore, but they can't call her boring that's for sure.

The Esther personna :chuckle: helped made me a Vadge fan. I knew nothing about her spirituality and other Estherness but when I discovered she had an album named American Life :lmao: which I didn't know existed, I wiki-ed it and got curious with its flop story and such. So I illegally downloaded it :lmao: and listened to the songs and was surprised how such a masterpiece was not well-received even by the fans. After that, I got curious into delving more into her other music and was surprised how each album differed from each other.

For me, what made me love Vadge was how her personality has evolved throughout the years, yes including Esther. As a new fan more than five years ago, I was very impressed with her story from The First Album to Confessions. It didn't feel like the music changed throughout the years superficially. Instead, it felt she was growing organically and the music is affected by it not the other way around. Perhaps if the Esther period didn't happen, I would probably never be a fan. It's that Estherness that adds to the Madonna canvas that makes her more interesting and not your ordinary basic pop star.

So all hail Esther!

Madonna-man-4443.jpg