Let's talk about the MDNA Tour DVD/Blu-Ray again, because....

Apples388

There are some parts where the amazing graphics on the screens are not even seen, like the Monsters graphics on EY, or some of the incredible church/temple projections on GGW...this i don't underdtand...

I prefer all the stadium shots, particularly Paris and Buenos Aires, the LAV/LS stills where all shot by S Klein in Buenos Aires.

I also don't like when they use parts of the Olympia show...oh well

The effects i don't mind...

MDNA deserved a better planned concert filming

THIS

How come they planned an 80 date tour

And couldnt hire a proper director and rushed the miami filming to the point that they changed the pants on the date (and her hair was a mess too)

Terrible blu-ray. Hated it then and hate it now.

The sound is so fucking awful. S&S blu-ray has amazing visual quality and off the charts audio quality.

I'll leave this review from someone on blu-ray.com

"However - the QUALITY of the DTS HD Master Audio mix is so underwhelming I can't believe it. During the first 5 minutes of the intro it sounds really good though, plenty of surround activity and nice rendering of effects and audience sheering. So the build-up is rather nice. BUT, as soon as the actual music starts (Girl Gone Wild) my jaw dropped. Where is the dynamics? Where is the fidelity? It sounds almost like listening to the sound through a tin can - it's hollow, flat and subdued. Really bad. My home theater is a 5.2 sytem of very good quality that is fully capable of rendering a good reproduction so it has nothing to do with that.

This audiomix does not do the concert any favours! Just throw in the Blu-ray release of Sticky & Sweet Tour to hear the difference! The audio on that disc has fidelity, dynamics and plenty of 'presence' - there is none of that here! Or, another comparison - Katy Perry Part Of Me - the concert segments sound stunning! THAT is how you mix a live event and encode it in DTS HD Master. Really spectacular!"

I recently purchased it online to get myself excited for RH tour, so I should watch it any day now for the first time on my TV.

Did not watch it before because heard too many negative things about it and I really love MDNA tour. Did not want the blue-ray to possibly mess up my glorious memories from the shows!!

I think it's a good DVD but some of the edits were very questionable. The video screens were missed a lot especially during Girl Gone Wild. The Material Girl bit was completely missed and was spectacular!!!

I hope that Jonas does the Rebel Heart Tour filming as the IGTTYAS and Confessions Tour was brilliant. Especially CT, they way it was filmed was spectacular and captured the show brilliantly.

I think its the weakest DVD. I liked DWT, COAD and Sticky (though those horrbile voice which is overworked). but MDNA for one has this stupid scenes from Paris and it damaged the vide of the Candy Shop performance. The other horror scene is LAP, I really love that performance and the enegery, but why the heck must the crowed start singing from the beginning ? Its just horrible. And of course those camera problemes at GGW performance ! It could have done so much better.

What really amazes me is that like 100000 songs can be leaked, but no monitor feed ever is recorded and leaked. Madonna surely records many concerts to watch and get things better, but we don't have any monitor feed from Confessions Tour or MDNA, and i want them so bad. Confessions, because i want to have the real voice and MDNA because i want to see how it really was.

Israeli hacker, you are stupid!

for me the lack of continuity is intentional - she probably wanted to show off both outfits - and who cares she's madonna she'll do what she wants. i love this show because she did it herself. her vision.

What really amazes me is that like 100000 songs can be leaked, but no monitor feed ever is recorded and leaked. Madonna surely records many concerts to watch and get things better, but we don't have any monitor feed from Confessions Tour or MDNA, and i want them so bad. Confessions, because i want to have the real voice and MDNA because i want to see how it really was.

Israeli hacker, you are stupid!

Are the vocals on CT dubbed?

See, once I start watching it, I get SO into it and enjoy it so much that I don't even notice all these things you are all nitpicking at...only if I sit there and consciously look for those things do they even stand out... and even then, doesn't really bother me that much. I mean, do you know how many continuity issues there are in most filmed things...

It's awful. Completely unacceptable.

Like, if this were a "flop diva" they'd be raked through the coals.

That being said.... I watch it and enjoy it. It's cinematic and fun for non fans.

But, Jesus Christ, she better deliver for the RH release.

Guest Rocco Papa

The thing is, I enjoy the Sticky & Sweet DVD. It feels more like a natural concert, because only 2 shows were filmed. So, they didn't have as much footage to work with in the editing room. I think where the MDNA edit suffers is the fact that so many different shows were filmed and used in the final edit.

For the Rebel Heart DVD, she should just pick a venue where she only has 2 shows (preferably MSG, because it's about time we get a NYC show on DVD, although it's probably too early in the tour for them to be filming) and stick with that. Because let's face it, she's too much of a perfectionist not to take advantage of filming more than one show. So that would be the most realistic expectation. This way there's more consistency this time.

Guest bluejean

I really think she'll do Australia again for the Rebel Heart DVD. It's toward the end of the tour and she always films toward the end of the tour and I can't see that changing. And I can't see her doing Asia, the crowds are just too dull.

The only thing that even remotely bothers me is the sound but it doesn't ruin the whole experience by any means. It's not like it has the sound of the St. Louis audio of the show that was going around online at the time. I can't quite grasp how it's rendered practically unwatchable by some because its not what they may consider techically perfect. The show itself is phenomenal and that comes through even on some of the shittiest of YouTube clips. At least we even have an official release of MDNA unlike RIT, BA and the full VT.

The dvd is ok, but the cd audio is bad, I had amateur recordings of Revolver, GGW and Gang Bang that sounded better than the officials, in the cd they lowered the volume of the melody and you cannot her M properly.

The thing is, I enjoy the Sticky & Sweet DVD. It feels more like a natural concert, because only 2 shows were filmed. So, they didn't have as much footage to work with in the editing room. I think where the MDNA edit suffers is the fact that so many different shows were filmed and used in the final edit.

For the Rebel Heart DVD, she should just pick a venue where she only has 2 shows (preferably MSG, because it's about time we get a NYC show on DVD, although it's probably too early in the tour for them to be filming) and stick with that. Because let's face it, she's too much of a perfectionist not to take advantage of filming more than one show. So that would be the most realistic expectation. This way there's more consistency this time.

The filmed 4 shows for the S&D dvd, first 2 shows they did the general shots, last 2 days close ups.

Are the vocals on CT dubbed?

They are weird, speed up or directly dubbed. Nothing to do with the real vocals, that may be good or bad, but were real. I love real vocals, no matter if they are bad.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

Image-wise I don't mind the sci-fi filter so much. It's obviously to hide M's aging, but it doesn't affect the performance, etc. Editing-wise, the elliptical and manic edit is also acceptable, although it does seem exaggerated at times. It does end up looking like a video and not like a live performance, but it's ok. The mix of various costumes, etc., doesn't bother me at all.

The only thing that I find really sad about the DVD is the sound mixing, as the quoted review above explained clearly. For me it's always music first so I find it hard to accept that the mixing would be so tiny, weak and stale whereas Madonna's music has much potential to expand sound on a live recording.

Also, as others have noted many times, the crowd mixing is absurd and ridiculous (the most obvious case is the ugly shouting in GMAYL). I wonder why it was done this way. It's as artificial as the sci-fi filter.

All and all though, I like to watch the DVD (I can't listen to the album though), in spite of the veil created by all that precedes between me and the actual performance, which is probably telling of the high level of quality and creativity that actually was the MDNA Tour in itself and in M's performance, in which she gave it all most of the time. It just sucks as a fan that that level of creativity and quality couldn't be matched when it was time to archive the show.

As for the live album audio....that's what the equalizer on itunes is for. ;)

My guess is Jonas A. is going to direct the tour film this time. I'd be shocked if he didn't considering how much he (and his wife) have been apart of this era.

As for the style of editing, I've just accepted that Madonna likes highly stylized filming, quick cuts, long form 'music video' style, etc...

I enjoy a hell of a lot more the less I go up against something that is never going to change according to what I think something should be...

My biggest gripe is actually the gayest and stupidest - I hate that those party rock pants were used for the filming. The GGW/ Faster Pussycat jeans MADE that look what it was and instead she wound up with those tacky pants that get reused for Celebration? Ugh lol

My biggest gripe is actually the gayest and stupidest - I hate that those party rock pants were used for the filming. The GGW/ Faster Pussycat jeans MADE that look what it was and instead she wound up with those tacky pants that get reused for Celebration? Ugh lol

She also moved much better with the jeans

And I TRIED to accept defend and justify the Give It 2 Me mashup in celebration! :rotfl: I DONT LIKE IT ANYMORE! I wish she used the original one without it.

And I TRIED to accept defend and justify the Give It 2 Me mashup in celebration! :rotfl: I DONT LIKE IT ANYMORE! I wish she used the original one without it.

Nooooooooo, that's one of the best things she did to the show