Australia & NZ concerts: officially announced!

Apples388

But she's only doing shows in Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane at this current time + maybe 1-2 winery shows. If they all sell well, she'll probably do 3-4 shows in Syd & Mel & 2-3 in Brissy + 2 Winery shows which would equal around 10-12 shows!

Not trying to say that sources are incorrect, but none of this has been confirmed yet. We don't know exactly what she is doing yet. I still have a feeling that she will go to Perth and Adelaide as well.

Not trying to say that sources are incorrect, but none of this has been confirmed yet. We don't know exactly what she is doing yet. I still have a feeling that she will go to Perth and Adelaide as well.

Perth may still be on the cards according to Ipex but Adelaide was never considered!

I think she could easily do 19 shows in Australia. Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide could all have multiple shows. Still would love a show in Tasmania - be a trail blazer Madonna and go to our beautiful island state as well. :laugh:

Or maybe she considers NZ as part of OZ? It should be Oceania to be precise.

Or maybe she considers NZ as part of OZ? It should be Oceania to be precise.

Horn, don't ever say that to a Kiwi. :laugh: They hate it when people refer to them as Australians. Their accents are so different as well. We take credit for them though when they become internationally famous which is unfair. I love my Kiwi friends.

Perth may still be on the cards according to Ipex but Adelaide was never considered!

Pretty strange considering perth is entirely on the side of the county while adelaide is right near Melbourne but I guess it's just the way it is with artists touring here.

Guest Rachelle of London

Maybe they have 19 dates in the region earmarked in case ticket sales blow up. Guess we will all find out for sure very soon!

Very true. They had 6 London dates marked and are only going with 2 so maybe they have 19 dates for Australia but there may be less dates actually booked

Perth is highly unlikely.

Kylie Minogue did 20 arena shows here in 2006, but her prices were extremely reasonable (which I doubt Madonna's will be) and it was marketed as a hits tour (which it was).

For sure? Is it a common thing to do in Australia?

you don't have to think madonna singing while sipping a glass of wine with chineses lamps in front of five people....they're just open areas with 20,000 capacity....

Honestly I'm not expecting anything tomorrow (although wishing!).

Just seems to be too much speculation.

To add to that speculation, I'm more inclined to think that the dates will be announced with the release of Bitch.......

.......but let's hope I'm wrong!

I just want to have dates, I want to have tickets, I need to be organised - I need to know how much money I'm spending!!

Ipex hasnt posted that the tour announcement has been changed or postponed from tomorrow so id still say tomorrow's the date, anyway we will find out soon enough...

I'm hearing from trusted sources the date is not tomorrow and maybe another week away

If that's true maybe they bumped it to coincide with the BIM video release?

I am just surprised that no dates/cities have leaked with an announcement being so imminent.

I'm guessing Live Nation will start teaser posts on their Facebook page at least a few days before the announcement.

They do this with all big tour announcements.

I'd be very surprised if it gets announced tomorrow.

I however will not be surprised at any meltdowns that happen tomorrow when it doesn't happen though… :stir:

Interesting S & S info from a MadonnaTribe forum member:

"I worked for one of the major ticketing agencies at the time and part of our job was finalising seating plans, capacities and negotiating ticket price levels with the promoters. For S & S I only saw the seating study for Melbourne (Etihad Stadium) and Sydney (ANZ Stadium) which had the lowest priced tickets at $160 - with other non VIP prices at $240, $290 and $360 with the majority of field and lower level seating being at $240. A standing field configuration was also submitted. Standing would have been $240 as well.

I was aware we had a seating plan for Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane as well - however I didn't see that one.

I recall some VIP areas being set aside as well - but they were going to be sold directly through Showtime so I never saw the pricing for those."

Those prices are extremely low (especially considering Gold Circle tickets for TGS 15 years earlier were $204). Every indication is that tickets this year will be much (much!) more expensive.

I really don't think we should get our hopes up about tomorrow (sorry, rebelheart). Like Matt, I'm hearing "later this month" and a couple of sources have expressed surprise that someone is saying that it's happening on June 9th. We'll know by this time tomorrow, I guess.

Where's ipex when you need him! :)