Madonna's favourite albums throughout the years

Hey Madonna nerds, let's compile all the albums Madonna made references to throughout the years as being her favourite.

The guy from high school who directed that egg movie said "The rise and fall of Ziggy Stardust" was her favourite album then and sang to it in his car

81eVnOh4UJL._SL1300_.jpg

In another interview she said "Court and Sparks" by Joni Mitchell was her bible growing up

ca4c225b9da0621a74fc3110.jpg

Your turn !

Well it's hard to decipher what would be classified as a "favorite" as she has name dropped countless albums and said she loved them.

Is it safe to assume that "The Emancipation of Mimi" is not a favorite? :1251:

Well it's hard to decipher what would be classified as a "favorite" as she has name dropped countless albums and said she loved them.

Is it safe to assume that "The Emancipation of Mimi" is not a favorite? :1251:

The menstruations of Mimi is maybe a secret favourite she won't ever admit to liking.

The menstruations of Mimi is maybe a secret favourite she won't ever admit to liking.

But she did admit!

5:40

Or maybe it was E=MC2 she was talking about, who knows, but she liked A Mimi album!

Madonna is musical and obviously hears a lot of music, being in the industry. My favourite albums flip flop each week (this week it is Gus Gus' 'Mexico' - last week it was Indiana's 'No Romeo'). I think for the most part she has good taste. I remember her saying she loved Gwen Guthrie, back in the 80s.

I remember her saying one of her favorite albums was Joni Mitchell's Court and Spark. Even though Joni has criticized her, even in the Jonathan Ross interview she said she was a fan. I still feel especially on Rebel Heart with her acoustic guitar and some of the confessional honest lyrics, you can still hear the Joni influence.

She loves Taylor Swift :lol:

TS is her favourite artist ... she loves all her songs, especially ..um .. that one that goes .. with the words and the chords ... oh yeah shake it up! :laugh:

She of course loved Bjork's Debut. And Iggy Pop.

Cleopatra-Comin-Atcha-140164.jpg

She said their second album was better than Music!

Off the top of my head, she's mentioned that she loved the Frou Frou, Lauryn Hill and Lemon Jelly albums. She said in her iTunes playlist that she liked Kylie's X and Britney's Blackout, and told the Spice Girls that she liked their first album

Ray of Light is her favourite of her own albums. According to the Reddit AMA last year.

Guy said she liked Cheek to Cheek didn't he?

Paris Hilton said Madonna told her she loved her album too

Madonna was "appreciating" the "Tony Bennett Duet Album" according to Guy.

Pretty sure that was Speakerphone.

That's what I recall as well.

The Mimi admission – what a revelation!

And yes, she liked Goldfrapp's first or second record.

And I'm pretty sure she mentioned Kendrick Lamar's last record as a reason why she chose to work with DJ Dahi.

kendrick-lamar-good-kid-maad-city-deluxe

I remember reading in an early interview with her that she loved the song "Take a letter Maria" She also said in the same interview - if I can remember correctly - that she loved Motown music much more than the Beatles and Stones.