Birminghaaaaaam!!!! December 16th

Guest Rachelle of London

If you go on The Ticket Factory's website now you can get REALLY good seats. I got block 12 row four seats yesterday!!! So now I'm off to three shows.

The catwalk looks shorter than all the other venues or is that just me?

Edit: just seen somebody else ask the same thing further up the page.

Edited by iainmdna

The catwalk looks shorter than all the other venues or is that just me?

Edit: just seen somebody else ask the same thing further up the page.

Yeah. Theres a couple of arenas with the shorter catwalk to fit.People have had a go at me for mentioning it saying im wrong but the seats behind the heart were on sale. It will be to scale, its so small everyone will have a great view. I think if she had the main stage catwalk in Birmingham the heart stage would go through the wall and end up by the loos and where to buy chips.

Again, people say im wrong but it was smaller (you wouldnt notice) in Birmingham last time. I was there, it was! BUT it makes it just as fantastic, she isnt a dot 10 miles away. We didnt get the motel (oops, they forgot to tell Madge) and everything was exactly the same just a few meters shaved off here and there. She likes smaller crowds so she was in quite a good mood and sang live on songs which she usually lips. (Maybe its because she is more close up). Glasgow looks REALLY interesting. The stage must go to the chip van. There must be 2 stages like last time. (now everybody has a go at me). x

Guest Rachelle of London

Ridiculous how everyone had a go at Barney the last time. Don't think people realise how small the NIA is.

Yeah. Theres a couple of arenas with the shorter catwalk to fit.People have had a go at me for mentioning it saying im wrong but the seats behind the heart were on sale. It will be to scale, its so small everyone will have a great view. I think if she had the main stage catwalk in Birmingham the heart stage would go through the wall and end up by the loos and where to buy chips.

Again, people say im wrong but it was smaller (you wouldnt notice) in Birmingham last time. I was there, it was! BUT it makes it just as fantastic, she isnt a dot 10 miles away. We didnt get the motel (oops, they forgot to tell Madge) and everything was exactly the same just a few meters shaved off here and there. She likes smaller crowds so she was in quite a good mood and sang live on songs which she usually lips. (Maybe its because she is more close up). Glasgow looks REALLY interesting. The stage must go to the chip van. There must be 2 stages like last time. (now everybody has a go at me). x

Madonna probably has minders who have to remind her it's the smaller stage tonight sweetheart, so only take 28 steps during Pappa Don't Preach instead of 42, otherwise you will fall off :)

As all arenas around the world are of different sizes in lengths and wiidth, as well as purposes ( an ice hockey arena is going to be bigger then a tennis arena etc) you would assume she would have x2 different size stages and adjust show accordingly ( nothing major or fans to get worked up about ).

From looking at various maps that give detailed seating selection in different sized arenas in different cities, the catwalk looks the same size everywhere in fact, and it needs to be exact seeing as people are selecting tickets based upon that.

The UK ticketmaster maps are ridiculous.and completely offscale but that's not surprising for TM UK.

From what I've seen, there are 9/10 rows up to the cross intersection, the cross takes up 6 rows, there are 10 rows leading up to the heart stage, the heart stage takes up 10/11 rows up to the first row in front of the heart. However many remaining rows in front of the heart will depend on the arena. So we're talking the catwalk taking up 40 rows of seating at the very most. Just fine for ALL the UK arenas.

Glasgow might have about 5 or 6 rows in front of the heart, just great for people in the retractable floor and tiered seating. London on the other hand will have about 20 or more rows in front. That's really the only difference I can see. On the other hand Glasgow has a wider floor than the O2, so that's a disadvantage for some depending on their seats. Same applies for Manc and Brum obviously.

And Barney/Chelle. All people said was that Birmingham got the arena stage for MDNA, which is a fact. No-one "had a go". The same arena stage that traveled across the US. The Miami arena that most of the DVD was filmed in for example is very small too. In fact, didn't that guy "in the know" a while back say that they chose the Brum arena because it was the only one with the height to accommodate the stage? (he also said Madge would never play Brum again right enough...so)

Guest Rachelle of London

From looking at various maps that give detailed seating selection in different sized arenas in different cities, the catwalk looks the same size everywhere in fact, and it needs to be exact seeing as people are selecting tickets based upon that.

The UK ticketmaster maps are ridiculous.and completely offscale but that's not surprising for TM UK.

From what I've seen, there are 9/10 rows up to the cross intersection, the cross takes up 6 rows, there are 10 rows leading up to the heart stage, the heart stage takes up 10/11 rows up to the first row in front of the heart. However many remaining rows in front of the heart will depend on the arena. So we're talking the catwalk taking up 40 rows of seating at the very most. Just fine for ALL the UK arenas.

Glasgow might have about 5 or 6 rows in front of the heart, just great for people in the retractable floor and tiered seating. London on the other hand will have about 20 or more rows in front. That's really only difference I can see. On the other hand Glasgow has a wider floor than the O2, so that's a disadvantage for some depending on their seats. Same applies for Manc and Brum obviously.

And Barney/Chelle. All people said was that Birmingham got the arena stage for MDNA, which is a fact. No-one "had a go". The same arena stage that traveled across the US. The Miami arena that most of the DVD was filmed in for example is very small too. In fact, didn't that guy "in the know" a while back say that they chose the Brum arena because it was the only one with the height to accommodate the stage? (he also said Madge would never play Brum again right enough...so)

Yup he said out of the NEC and NIA even though NEC has more seats it wasn't high enough for the MDNA stage. Same thing happened with Rihanna on her Loud? tour. So they went with the NIA because it is taller, however, capacity is smaller. I don't remember Find_a_groove saying she'd never play Bham again though, in fact the opposite. He told me about the Birmingham dates in late 2014, they were secured ages ago, except they've dropped one.

I distinctly remember Hunterlas having a go at Barney for pointing out they have two stages. Totally rude and uncalled for which a few people defended Barney so all was good in the end, I think people thought Barney was saying that she has to play small arenas because she's flopping which he didnt mean at all. We were just pointing out that the NIA is tiny, hence our excitement for this show

Guest Rachelle of London

They probably still will Chelle babs. Gone past caring. Where are you and mama, did you say floor by the cross?

Nope we're on the floor, so close we'll feel the Ciccone sweat drops everytime she moves. I'm going with Rav now. mum and I are doing London 2nd night together, and MAYBE Glasgow

Guest Rachelle of London

OMG!!!

no mama heath though :(

She's dropping me off, she'll be with my Aunty in Solihull come afterwards :tigger:

She's dropping me off, she'll be with my Aunty in Solihull come afterwards :tigger:

Could do! Lets see how I am, I cant promise ill even make it to the show. But would be fun!!! :)

Updated seating plans seem to be appearing according to Madonnatribe.. This is Birmingham's. You can see the row letters now! Just!

Madonna_Overview_20150305.png

Im that little green square on the left in block 10 or 11 on the side.

Yup he said out of the NEC and NIA even though NEC has more seats it wasn't high enough for the MDNA stage. Same thing happened with Rihanna on her Loud? tour. So they went with the NIA because it is taller, however, capacity is smaller. I don't remember Find_a_groove saying she'd never play Bham again though, in fact the opposite. He told me about the Birmingham dates in late 2014, they were secured ages ago, except they've dropped one.

I distinctly remember Hunterlas having a go at Barney for pointing out they have two stages. Totally rude and uncalled for which a few people defended Barney so all was good in the end, I think people thought Barney was saying that she has to play small arenas because she's flopping which he didnt mean at all. We were just pointing out that the NIA is tiny, hence our excitement for this show

Well Hunterlas attempts to have a go at everyone from what I've seen. I wouldn't pay any attention.

The only reason I remember about that other guy is because we all got into a semi fight over this, when he maintained she would probably not do arenas in the UK, not go back to Brum, not play the Hydro, but instead would likely go back to the Millennium stadium in Cardiff (!) and a stadium in London, which most of the rest of us thought was...wrong.

Here's the map again. If you squint, you can see the row letters.

Madonna_Overview_20150305.png

That tallies exactly with what I've seen on all the other maps with numbered rows. 10 rows to the intersection, and about 40 rows all in to the tip of the heart. But the dimensions of the arena on this pic still seem wrong. Going by this, it's longer than the O2, yet everyone here is saying it's tiny.