"Like a virgin" cover by italian sister LOLZ

Roland Barthes

I find it really beautiful, don't understand the laughs. Maybe because some people here never have seen a nun?

In fact, i'm sure that Madonna would be thrilled. This song has different levels and after the performance she did with MDNA, so vulnerable and bare, i'm sure she would find beautiful that it has a spiritual level too and can be sung about somebody who has found God.

Oh, and those of you who have laughed... WILL BURN IN HELL!

january-3rd.gif

Get a fucking sense if humor, guys!

If you don't see why a nun singing Like A Virigin is funny, you clearly have a problem...

I'm sure Madonna rolls on the floor right now, laughing out loud.

If you don't see why a nun singing Like A Virigin is funny, you clearly have a problem...

thank you!!! :lmao:

rolling on the floor with the new look for the M&M's photoshoot :wow:

The today show presented a short clip from the video this morning and the hosts discussed how one could interpret the song

The power of Madonna. It never ends.

How many other artists get their work continuously dissected decades after it came out?

Right?! It's obviously funny. Some people...

Anyway, thank GOD for this holy roller, we haven't had a decent singing nun since DOMINIQUE back in the day :nun:

I may have another sense of humour. My friends liked the song too and didn't find it weird that a nun sings the song. Maybe that's because there are so many nuns in my city :chuckle:

Anyway, i find very inspiring the meaning of the song sung by a nun. I find it brilliant. And the cover is fab.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Michael K is the best

opsisterclikeavirgin.jpg

In case you forgot, Sister Cristina Scuccia is the singing nun who won Italy’s The Voice after she lifted everyone’s ears into the heavens with her angelic voice and made us all throw our hands up in the air while proclaiming, “Sister Act is real.” Sister Cristina won a contract with Universal and the first single off of her new album is a cover of Madonna’s “Like A Virgin,” because the first line of the music industry bible reads: STUNTS SELL.

Universal and Sister Cristina Scuccia (Side note: I’m mad they didn’t give her the stage name Sissy Sucia) dipped “Like A Virgin” in holy water and scrubbed all the sex innuendos from it and changed it from an anthem about good dick into an inspirational ballad. Just like the original, Sister Cristina shot the video in Venice, but instead of humping on a dude in a lion mask (or a Bruce Jenner’s future face mask) and sexing the camera while rolling around on a gondola, she yodeled her heart out on top of a building overlooking the city. This IS your abuelita’s “Like A Virgin” especially if your abuelita is a strict Catholic like mine:

Sister Cristina tells the Catholic newspaper Avvenire (The Daily Beast) that she wasn’t trying to be controversial when she chose the song (insert eyerollfromjesus.jpg here). She chose it, because to her, the song is about cleansing yourself of your past with the help of love.

“I chose it. With no intention to provoke or scandalize. Reading the text, without being influenced by previous interpretations, you discover that it is a song about the power of love to renew people. To rescue them from their past. And this is the way that I wanted to interpret it. For this reason we have transformed this song from the pop-dance piece which it was, into a romantic ballad, a bit like the ones by Amos Lee. Something more similar to a lay prayer, than to a pop piece.”

Sis please. You can scrub down “Like A Virgin” as much as you want, but we all know that song is about dick so big, so good and so powerful that when it fucks you, it erases the memory of all the dicks you’ve had in the past. Eraser dick. Dick that makes you realize that your down low parts wasted a lot of time by doing all those other dicks. But I guess HIGH ART is up to interpretation and if Sissy Sucia hears it differently than me…

And since Sinead O’Connor isn’t doing the AMAs, I hope the producers get Sister Cristina to perform “Like A Virgin” while slow dancing with Pope Francis wearing a lion mask.

Sister Cristina Scuccia:

Bishops Condemn Nun Singing Madonna's Like a Virgin as 'Reckless and Sly'

sister-cristina-scuccia.jpg

The release of Sister Cristina Scuccia's first single, a soulful version of Madonna's 1980s classic Like a Virgin has caused a backlash among Italian bishops who called it a "reckless and sly commercial operation".

Upon the release of the controversial single, the 26-year-old nun, who triumphed in Italy's version of The Voice, claimed she has only pure intentions and her song refers to an eternal loving force. Despite the sexual connotations of Madonna's 1984 pop hit, Scuccia said she had no desire to provoke or scandalise.

"If you read the lyrics without being influenced by what has gone before, you discover that it is a song about the capacity of love to make people new again. To release them from their past. And this is how I wanted to interpret it," she told Catholic newspaper Avvenire.

But conservative Italian bishops disagree. "Whereas the use of the binomial 'holy water/devil' has much traction on the audience, not even the Americans of Sister Act would have thought of such a reckless move," they said in a statement.

Then, they hinted that Scuccia covered a Madonna song with the purpose to cause controversy after unsuccessful sales post-The Voice victory.

Scuccia said she wanted to transform the song from the pop-dance piece into a romantic ballad, "something more similar to a secular prayer than to a pop song", but bishops were not impressed with these remarks calling her a "naif".

Scuccia's single came after an assembly of Roman Catholic bishops drafted a revolutionary document saying that homosexuals have "gifts and qualities to offer" the Christian community. While the document was watered down after the inevitable backlash by some conservative bishops, it nonetheless signalled a shifting attitude on the Church's traditionally judgemental treatment of gay people.

Distancing himself from the rigid doctrinal attitude of Pope Benedict XVI, Pope Francis has adopted a merciful tone toward homosexuals, civil unions and cohabitation, hinting at a more welcoming church.

i like this cover version...

i always thought LAV is a pure/naive love song....

:)

:laugh: Like a Virgin is a love song and has nothing to do with big dicks. That idea came from Reservoir Dogs. :lol: The guy that wrote it confirmed that himself years ago and he also wrote it as a ballad. The title of the song was so different and somewhat "raunchy" when the song was released but is so tame by today's standards.

No matter if it's about a big dick or not the song as sentimental as Steinberg wants it to be is about losing your virginity or feeling like losing your virginity a second time because this time it's true love.In the end the song is about sexual penetration and how good it is and makes you feel shiny and new. :laugh: She feels like she's losing her virginity again.She's revitalized by such a good cock that it feels like the very first time.

I'm such a dork, i never thought about big cocks with LAV, but about being for the first time in love or being with a toxic couple and then finding true love!!!!

And there some of you where thinking of MEGACOCKS!