I BELIEVEEEEEEEEE THAT YOU CAN RESCUE ME

Guest whatatramp

I love this song. I remember this guy who I was friends with, and how he almost fooled me that there was an official video for this. I almost believed him until he started to describe the outfit she was wearing, and I realized it was this:

MDNA.jpg

I was like, hold up - didn't you think I would realize it was the outfit from the TOD premiere?

Anyway, I would have loved a video for Rescue Me.

Perfection.

May just be my favorite Madonna song...ever...? Yeah.

The song, the remixes... so deserved a real single release, video, and performance. (Of course, we all know that).

Can we at least get a tour interlude...?

I was so obsessed when this came out as a single.

Madonna+-+Rescue+Me+-+CASSETTE+SINGLE-70

Nerd trivia: If you follow Sire's catalog numbering system in the U.S., both the 1 track "LP Version" promo and commercial 2-track singles for "Rescue Me" were assigned before any format of "Justify My Love". This signals that "Rescue Me" was at some point to be released as the first single from The Immaculate Collection.

The only other instance of this in her U.S. Sire discography is "Like A Virgin" before "Lucky Star". It's well documented that "Like A Virgin" was slated for release directly after "Borderline" in the summer of '84, but was at the last minute held back in favor of "Lucky Star" (much to Madonna's irritation) as a means of sustaining sales of her debut LP.

In a parallel universe, the world was treated to a full-blown debut release for "Rescue Me" complete with epic video and well-orchestrated promotion from the label. :wow:

Lest we forget 1990's "T-U-R-T-L-E Power" from the first Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film. :lol:

("it's not my business to decide how good you are for me...")

:ohmy: Mattress shocks again! Never knew about that

RESCUE ME kicks ass. The rasp, the growl, the R-E-S-C-U-E ME, the bridge....... UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i absolutely love that song! how can anyone not love it? so underrated and unknown though! a real gem.

i remember searching everywhere when i was young for the video :lmao: i could've sworn i saw it on Mtv but it was just a collage clip they showed of the girlie show with that weird outfit.

The remixes were amazing. Shep and Junior Vasquez's promo-only dubs have some great elements not included on the vocal mixes.

I love that the remix promos simply referred to Madonna as "M".

rescue-me-usa-6-track-promo-cd-%5B4%5D-2

$%28KGrHqR,%21ooE9kcqW+RiBPdW%28n,34Q~~6

$%28KGrHqJ,%21pQE9eQf9P+vBPdW%284YY,Q~~6

Rescue Me ia a fantastic song, a forgotten gem, but me and my brother still blast this when partying.

Love, is understanding, it's hard to believe, life can be so demanding, I'm sending out an SOS, stop me from drowning baby I'll do the rest!

Love this one. I like listening to the 'Lifeboat' remix when I am driving in my car late at night, especially when I am coming from somewhere and going home.

Guest whatatramp

Love this one. I like listening to the 'Lifeboat' remix when I am driving in my car late at night, especially when I am coming from somewhere and going home.

YES! It's so atmospheric

I´ve never been a huge fan of the song, maybe because it´s on TIC, full of all time classics...but it´s a good song.One of vogue´s little sisters.I hope she sings it someday, it can sound really good with her low (ala LAV in her last tour)