20 years ago (almost)

Bill

Just pure amazingness. I love how low-key this was as a lead single, the whole thing just oozed class. Her and Dallas produced a really solid current, but not too on trend pop song. It was subtle, with a beautiful under-stated melody and vocal delivery. That combined with a chic as fuck music video - i would say it is definitely one of the coolest Madonna moments ever. Plus a cameo with Jimmy Scott!

We also got a brilliant B-Side with this record too - lets not forget that. 'Let Down Your Guard' sounds like it should have been on TLC's Fanmail record - 5 years later!

I actually think a track like Secret is exactly the kind of direction she should take her music in now. R&B fused acoustic stuff. Its not trying too hard, its well crafted, and it would surprise people i think.

I cannot wait til the 20th anniversary of BS! Secret is divine.

Where's Whoop?

Do you know I just realized today that you're Chelle? :lmao::crazy: How long ago did you change your name?

Guest Rachelle of London

Do you know I just realized today that you're Chelle? :lmao::crazy: How long ago did you change your name?

About a month ago! :dead: I wanna change it to something else but have to wait 6 months hahahaha

About a month ago! :dead: I wanna change it to something else but have to wait 6 months hahahaha

I took a little break, just came back about a week and a half ago, so that's somewhat of an excuse. :lol: But I was honestly about to start a "Where's Chelle?" thread the other day. :rotfl:

My official hardcore fan status started around 1997, but I was still very hyper aware of Queen M long before then. I was 11/12 during the BS era and M was EVERYWHERE. Secret and Take a Bow were radio monsters so there was no escaping. I remember sneaking off to watch MTV with my neighbor friend, as both of our mother's banned us from watching MTV, mainly due to artists like Madonna, and I will never forget seeing the TAB video for the very first time. I was instantly drawn in, my friend thought she was "nasty" for removing her clothes and writing around on the bed, but I was in LOVE. As I said, it was a few years later, when I was a bit older, that I was able to become a true blue fanatic. I agree with what someone else said about the vocals on BTS...pre-training, yet so perfectly warm, sensual and sultry. People can say what they want about M's singing voice, but to me, she has one of the most versatile vocal instruments in pop music.

Secret is and has always been in my top 5 M songs!

My official hardcore fan status started around 1997, but I was still very hyper aware of Queen M long before then. I was 11/12 during the BS era and M was EVERYWHERE. Secret and Take a Bow were radio monsters so there was no escaping. I remember sneaking off to watch MTV with my neighbor friend, as both of our mother's banned us from watching MTV, mainly due to artists like Madonna, and I will never forget seeing the TAB video for the very first time. I was instantly drawn in, my friend thought she was "nasty" for removing her clothes and writing around on the bed, but I was in LOVE. As I said, it was a few years later, when I was a bit older, that I was able to become a true blue fanatic. I agree with what someone else said about the vocals on BTS...pre-training, yet so perfectly warm, sensual and sultry. People can say what they want about M's singing voice, but to me, she has one of the most versatile vocal instruments in pop music.

Secret is and has always been in my top 5 M songs!

EXACTLY :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I felt so isolated & scared as a wee 14 y.o. lad...when it was released.

They say u have the strongest emotional connection 2 the music that

u loved when u was a teen or going through puberty...Secret is definitely

up there as one of my all time fave songs & most anticipated Madonna releases of my life.

Oh & just :wow::dramatic: at that single sleeve...FUCK ALL U ITUNES KUNTS :rotfl:

If ur a gay child of the 1st MTV-generation u know HookerDonnaInHarlem destroyed the

world in this frame of the video alone...back in the fall of 1994 y'all! :fag:

top-20-madonna-hot-gifs-secret.gif

IT4S EVRYTHANG!

NOW SAY IT WITH ME!

Guest Pud Whacker

I felt so isolated & scared as a wee 14 y.o. lad...when it was released.

They say u have the strongest emotional connection 2 the music that

u loved when u was a teen or going through puberty...Secret is definitely

up there as one of my all time fave songs & most anticipated Madonna releases of my life.

Oh & just :wow::dramatic: at that single sleeve...FUCK ALL U ITUNES KUNTS :rotfl:

If ur a gay child of the 1st MTV-generation u know HookerDonnaInHarlem destroyed the

world in this frame of the video alone...back in the fall of 1994 y'all! :fag:

top-20-madonna-hot-gifs-secret.gif

IT4S EVRYTHANG!

NOW SAY IT WITH ME!

:clap:

marvelous.

After the whole SEX bullshit, believe it or not, Madonna was actually perceived as 'cool' with a certain crowd...

Not as in a mainstream perception but as 'soft' a record as Bedtime Stories was, she popped up in some weird

places for a mainstream pop artist...whether it was certain radio formats, publications, art world, or just talking heads

at ur aunts house, on t.v. or down the mall 3 blocks away from ur cousin Debbie's house.

bedtime%2Bstories.jpg

I'm telling you this bytch has had the most unusual career trajectory in the history of the collective cunts of our mothers (dead or alive).