Love Profusion.

Crux

One of my all time favorites, both video & song. She sounds so pretty on the chorus, especially with that ominous electronic vocal in the background. Cute lyrics, smooth beat, fun melody... there's something simply magical about the whole track. :dramatic:

I'm listening to it now and her voice sounds so beautiful. I just don't understand why it didn't do better. I love it.

She better incorporate it into an interlude or SOMETHING on the next tour.

Any sort of performance would give me goosebumps, but you can bet she's probably forgotten all about it by now....or pretends she has. lol

I am not a huge fan of American life. But Love Profusion is one of the songs I really LOVE on that album. The remixes were just okay. Wish she'd perform this live.

Yeah I'm gonna rehash this!

The album should have been called Love Profusion, not American Life. I used to think it should have been called "Intervention", but now I like "Love Profusion" more. Although we got a great video for AL (original), it was a mistake to release it as a lead single, especially with the dismal flag background video.

Singles should've been (not sure of the order):

Love Profusion

Intervention

Nobody Knows Me

if more were warranted, then Hollywood and/or Nothing Fails

The problem with this album was it really had no identity. Who could really relate to the title track? I love love love the album as a whole. It's in my Top 5. But some tracks were better off shelved and it should've been marketed differently.... not "Bad ass Madonna hates America and fame". I know that's not what her intention was but I think that's what the general public thought, and a major contributor to its "failure".

It's DEFINITIVELY an underrated song. One of her very best ballads. It's one of the songs that i was in love with before becoming a Madonna fan, i've heard it a lot on the radio. That and Hollywood. I didn't knew it was Madonna but i loved those songs to death. So, when i became a fan and listened to her whole discography, i was really surprised to see that BOTH of those songs were from the same album!

Damn the whole American Life album is so amazing :dramatic:

Amazing song, but I hate the video. I totally love Regina Spektor's cover of it too.

This could've been a decent sized hit if promoted and/or had a better video.

I love it.

It was the standout track for me when I bought the album.

Same here :inlove:

And I love Mirwais' backing vocals on it :wow:

The video? Well she's in another Goddess moment of hers

It's amazing!

:clap:

It is such a warm and fizzy song and yet kind of melancholic

The sound of the American Life album was astounding in general

Ignored by fans??? :huh: Noooo way... It's love it by fans.

Even some of my friends who aren't big Madonna fans looooove it.

I think the time of AL life era made every song underrated, even the AL single itself.

I remember on Madonna boards people kept writing "I got Jew under my skin"

ohhh i remember that too. so fucking annoying. haha

Every track on AL is perfection to me.. Love profusion just helped to make that album so damn amazing.....

Yes!!! At that time I was angry that LP wasn't the second single, but at the same time I was so proud of that the album was loved by many of my hetero friends XD

In the UK if only it had been released just a little earlier then it would not have got lost with all the Christmas songs. Number 11 chart peak, so frustrating.