What are the things that actually make COADF such a great album?

It was the right album at the right time, with the right promotion. It begins on a high with Hung Up and does not let down at all, in my opinion. COADF won her many new fans and reminded others just how amazing she is.

I love the album. Def one of her best. It's carefree yet very personal. Many often regard it as too "Kabbalah" but I see it as a great example of her state of mind from that era. It's almost like a diary, yet disguised by hot bass lines and catchy electronic beats. It's very cohesive, and a great collaboration from all the people involved. You can tell a lot of time and thought was put into the album (the same for Hard Candy, yet missing in MDNA) One of her greatest track lists ever.

Stand out tracks:

Jump

Forbidden Love

Get Together

Let It Will Be

Future Lovers

I Love New York

Like It or Not

what makes coadf so good? even though it's a dance album, the dance tracks are unlike any others. up till today, it still sounds absolutely unique, unlike the mindless beats of current dance music. the melody is sleek and the transition from track to track is superb and feels like a very chill dance party. madonna manages to make us feel warmth in her vocals, despite sounding aloof through the digital masking. and she has elements of disco in it without sounding dated. the album is so cohesive it has to be viewed as a body of work to do it justice.

what makes the coadf era even better was the relentless promotion that lasted mutliple months, ranging from performances to television advertisements, as well as the lead single hung up, which could have been the megahit of a lifetime for any artist.

the tour itself was pure elegance. it's my favourite tour of all time :faint: the future lovers opening was so so beautiful. the coadf was such perfection...

It's a masterpiece and her most consistent album since ROL! Plus the fact that it generated one of the most thrilling tour openings in history.

image.jpg

Can someone please tell me how to embed video. I'm on my last nerve! I've forgotten, and cannot get it to work. Argh

If it's a youtube video, copy the URL and remove the 's' from https to make it a http. That should allow it to embed.

The fact that everything was THEMED. Confessions wasn't just an album. It was an EVENT. The album had "Madonna" written all over it, and Madonna had "Confessions" written all over her.
KILLER tracks, instant classics, like Hung Up and Get Together.

KILLER videos, for Hung Up and Sorry.
While paying homage to classic '70s,it was a truly ORIGINAL sound for mainstream music at the time.
She looked absolutely stunning in every picture and every appearance.
An album that is good and consistent as a whole and stood for repeated listenings.

Visually, her last ICONIC reinvention, complete from head to toe, and unlike any other singer at the time.

The whole project had a timeless, seductive, slightly dark quality to it. It wasn't her best work. It was simple, yet effective.

Quintessential Madonna. Quintessential pop music. Quintessential comeback. A perfect storm.

I was actually listening to The Confessions Tour album today and I think I fell in love with its parent album all over again. The way how spirituality goes hand in hand with hedonism without ever being too obvious or try hard is a true test to the artistry of M. You don't have to hit people over the head with your concept, make them THINK.

It's also kind of peculiar how the album's sound is both rooted in the 70s AND the 80s. I mean, sure there's ABBA, Jackson 5 and Moroder, but it's all wrapped up in the cold, minimalistic, razor sharp electro gloss - think early Human League.

#JUSTICEFORPUSH

I've come around to it. It was always my least favorite (even in her entire discography :x ), but when Madonna-tv posted that unused interview clip where she mentions the true meaning, I've grown to appreciate it.

I was actually listening to The Confessions Tour album today and I think I fell in love with its parent album all over again. The way how spirituality goes hand in hand with hedonism without ever being too obvious or try hard is a true test to the artistry of M. You don't have to hit people over the head with your concept, make them THINK.

It's also kind of peculiar how the album's sound is both rooted in the 70s AND the 80s. I mean, sure there's ABBA, Jackson 5 and Moroder, but it's all wrapped up in the cold, minimalistic, razor sharp electro gloss - think early Human League.

Love this :thumbsup:

Push had me from the first listen. Almost a mid tempo ballad but makes me want to move.

The overlapping vocals and infectious pulsating sounds are perfect.

COADF is absolutely flawless. A truly legendary album in the same league of LAP and ROL. It is incredibly cohesive. In my opinion COADF marked a turn of page for Madonna. It was the last real iconic legendary album of her career.

I must add that without COADF the SS Tour would never have been so successful a few years later. People all over the world flooded stadiums precisely due to the major effect of this album. Confessions Tour propelled Madonna once again as the hottest performer of the moment, therefore creating a HUGE demand for the following tour. People were truly desperate to see her live. A whole new generation of hardcore fans was conceived in 2005/2006 and cemented in 2008 with the lead singles of HC.

I have a confession.

When I first heard the album I was unimpressed. I loved HU and S so I listened to it.

Then I saw the CT. And I fell in love with everything. Then I listened to the disc again and I learned to appreciate it more. This is how you do a dance album with a message and non-generic beats. All those EDM trashtists can suck it!

I must add that without COADF the SS Tour would never have been so successful a few years later. People all over the world flooded stadiums precisely due to the major effect of this album. Confessions Tour propelled Madonna once again as the hottest performer of the moment, therefore creating a HUGE demand for the following tour. People were truly desperate to see her live. A whole new generation of hardcore fans was conceived in 2005/2006 and cemented in 2008 with the lead singles of HC.

You're absolutely right. :thumbsup:

I agree with most people, it's because it's a very cohesive dance album . You can tell a lot of effort was put into it, not one single filler imo. Push seem to be disliked by quite a few fans but i love it personally.