New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

I'm just having a laugh. I'm not trying to imply she's a bad lyricist - she obviously is not.

Try to enjoy the rest of your day!

Are you that desperate for a laugh that you don't care what you encourage? Please don't tell me what to do with my day as I suspect you couldn't care less what I do with it. I'm not into phony niceties.

Wonder if Flip The Switch is going to switch back now that they don't like the song?

How the hell do you know what her songwriting is? You her partner? You work with her? Do you know anything that doesn't come out of someone else's mouth?

Madonna has a lot of songs....shes bound to repeat herself from time to time...she should take out a thesaurus like Mariah does, but if not who cares...its not that bad.

The strings were only just recorded. The soonest we'll hear it is mid August - and that's if the song is for a soundtrack or something, which has not been confirmed. Otherwise I don't think we'll hear new music much sooner than September or October.

If it does end up being for 'The Giver, the movie is released the 15 of August so you are right.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435651/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Judging from some of the cast it looks like it could be a big movie (Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges, Alexander Skarsgård)

I'm not familiar though if songs from movies are released before the movie premiere to create buzz or at the time of the movie release?

More on the plot:

This film, based on Lois Lowry's book, tells the story of a perfect world. Everyone here is happy. When Jonas is 12 years old, he's chosen to be the community's Receiver of Memories. He enters into training with an old man called The Giver. From the Giver, Jonas learns about pain, sadness, war, and all the unhappy truths of the "real" world. He quickly realizes that his community is fake. Confronted with this reality, Jonas faces difficult choices about his own life and his future.

Trailer

After about 5 minutes of lucidity in this thread, we're back to ridiculousness and insanity. Well done, MadonnaNation :thumbsdown:

Honestly it's like walking into a psych ward in here sometimes..

Are you that desperate for a laugh that you don't care what you encourage? Please don't tell me what to do with my day as I suspect you couldn't care less what I do with it. I'm not into phony niceties.

You're right. I deserve jail time!

Make sure you have two servings of fruit in your day, today!

After about 5 minutes of lucidity in this thread, we're back to ridiculousness and insanity. Well done, MadonnaNation :thumbsdown:

most of the time you're the one throwing feces on the wall...

LOL!

I have to say, I love love love the lyrics she posted. I think one of the things she doesn't get credit for is her ability to write brilliant lyrics. People tend to go with the sound and judge on that alone.

Guest whatatramp

10360552_10152121309365404_4669930954329

:lmao:

Wonder if Flip The Switch is going to switch back now that they don't like the song?

You're so crazy. I love it! :lmao:

You're right. I deserve jail time!

Make sure you have two servings of fruit in your day, today!

:lmao:

Sometimes lyrics don't look great on paper but within the context of the song sound amazing. If you read the lyrics of frozen without hearing the song you might think 'yeah...and?' but in context pretty much everybody loves that song.

^ hahaha.

Oh, i recall when the lyrics for Impressive Instant leaked before Music and people at Domusic thought it was a ballad like Frozen. Of course, some others thought it was fake because of the singy singy thing.

Sometimes lyrics don't look great on paper but within the context of the song sound amazing. If you read the lyrics of frozen without hearing the song you might think 'yeah...and?' but in context pretty much everybody loves that song.

Exactly. Plus we have no idea about the melody or structure of the song. We know she is capable of gorgeous melodies. Peole need to wait until they hear the song first before judging the lyrics.

Lady Reductive, that's what I just said a few pages back. :lol:

Lyrics on their own don't really excite me. I think they often look rather trite divorced from the aural context.

I mean, If I read the lyrics to Frozen before I heard them in the song...

According to the rumors created by me, Messiah is her new single and the video will have her and Jesús Luz recreating the Madonna and Child imagery. She will molest him, hence the MJ images she has been posting to give us clues.

And the single will include a MashUp with WE R SUPERSTARS!

You're so crazy. I love it! :lmao:

Because I'm questioning mocking Madonna's work and basically saying that someone else would turn on her when it suits him? Okay. I didn't wake up yesterday, nor have I woken up any day wondering "who am I going to mess with today."

So much funniness in here, you'd think you walked into a Chelsea Handler show. meaning... NOT. :) (well, some are, but others fall kinda flat).

I wouldn't mind if "Messiah" is from that movie. If it is, we will know soon enough.