New album update: Madonna posts lyrics from new song, "Messiah"

If Messiah is going to be part of The Giver I think its going to be treated more like a buzz single (And not in the Mariah sense of the word) before the "real" first single from her upcoming album drops.

What's the basis of thinking "Messiah" is from The Giver? Madonna or her team have not hinted at that.

On the other hand, she's been very open about recording an album for the past few months. For all we know, "Messiah" is a song from the new album until proven otherwise.

Is there ANYTHING at all linking Messiah to a film or not???

She's giving the song a lot of attention....BUT after working with Diplo and Avicci would she really release a strings-ballad as first single from what will obviously be an upbeat dance album!?

^ Who says it's a ballad? Just because there are strings? I could be like "Isaac." And even "Frozen" is midtempo, not really a traditional ballad.

Yes but you know what I mean.

And let's face it, "Frozen" may not be a ballad but it's hardly "Hung Up." My point was that the lead single may be a mid tempo song / ballad unlike all of her lead singles since "Frozen".

Hmmm the fact there's a full on orchestra involved makes me think it could be a film song...

Did she hire this sort of thing for Frozen or any of her albums before???

A full chorus was hired for Nothing Fails. I don't see any proof that this has anything to do with a film.

we ll get it in next 14 days

The strings were only just recorded. The soonest we'll hear it is mid August - and that's if the song is for a soundtrack or something, which has not been confirmed. Otherwise I don't think we'll hear new music much sooner than September or October.

Yes but you know what I mean.

And let's face it, "Frozen" may not be a ballad but it's hardly "Hung Up." My point was that the lead single may be a mid tempo song / ballad unlike all of her lead singles since "Frozen".

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if the lead single (whether it's "Messiah" or something else) is not an upbeat dance song. I was really responding to Confessit though.

The strings were only just recorded. The soonest we'll hear it is mid August - and that's if the song is for a soundtrack or something, which has not been confirmed. Otherwise I don't think we'll hear new music much sooner than September or October.

It hasn't even been suggested.

Hmmm but we knew Madonna was doing beautiful stranger and die another day well in advance?

The new album I'm sure will drop end of the year....I think it's for the album, which meens it's absolutely brilliant she's putting out something like this with strings as a lead.....

OR maybe she's just teasing "a track" thts to be included on the new album....?

Hmmm but we knew Madonna was doing beautiful stranger and die another day well in advance?

The new album I'm sure will drop end of the year....I think it's for the album, which meens it's absolutely brilliant she's putting out something like this with strings as a lead.....

OR maybe she's just teasing "a track" thts to be included on the new album....?

I doubt it's the lead single. Look at the lyrics. I would love her to do something brave again, but that's not her recent m.o.

I doubt it's the lead single. Look at the lyrics. I would love her to do something brave again, but that's not her recent m.o.

Ohh i disagree!

That's why I love Madonna. She is brave and just when you think she won't pull something out the bag, she does!

Her career is full of examples, Ray of light came literally out of nowhere, I believe this time round she has made a conscious decision and is taking the time and effort (both missing from MDNA) to make "memorable" music again!

Maybe the instrumental part of Frozen is not a ballad, but the vocal melody sounds like one.

I really doubt Messiah is an uptempo song, those lyrics seems to fit better in a slow song.

Guest whatatramp

So she's using a soundtrack song as the lead single? I'm surprised by this. Maybe it's a buzz single. lol

buzz single? you sound like a lamb :chuckle:

Excuse moi, FreeMySoul? "Hung Up" had lyrics from "Love Song," and it was SPLENDID. And unlike "Messiah," HU had those *exact* lyrics from LS, not a variation.

i'm just starting the complaining now before the haters come in full force

i only come with love.

Excuse moi, FreeMySoul? "Hung Up" had lyrics from "Love Song," and it was SPLENDID. And unlike "Messiah," HU had those *exact* lyrics from LS, not a variation.

Great point!