Billboard clip discussion: NOT Madonna. The show is over say goodbye (Say Goodbye)

Well I'm hoping the chef will be serving steamed fish and vegetables. Nothing fried, and no dairy please. Maybe half a handful of French fries though. For KIM. :bad:

Wouldn't explain the Spinnin' Records thing though. And as Kim has said above, I doubt he would use a track from nearly 2 years ago - he would start from scratch.

At least there was a link to Spinnin' Records via Madonna (albeit a TENUOUS one) if Avicii's on the label.

I'm still leaning towards the clip being her, just because the original Billboard description could really ONLY fit her in my opinion (it's so very wink-wink nudge-nudge who's in VOGUE :wink: etc.) Throw in the Pete Tong connection, and Sander favoriting the tweet that suggested it was M's single (out of ALL the Tweets, why favorite that one?), and all roads point to M.

But then again it could be ANYONE. Who knows for sure?

One thing I really doubt though is Sander Kleinenberg duping Radio 1, Billboard Magazine AND DMC World Championships and getting them to hype up his own track. Billboard surely check their facts, and the whole "we begged this artist" thing wouldn't make any sense at all if he randomly got them to make a big song-and-dance to further his own career. If they did MAJORLY fuck up and got duped, at least remove the clip from their website to avoid any further embarrassment. :lol:

And why would Spinnin Records use 'ID' to withhold Kleinenberg's identity? For what purpose? Yes he could have signed with them for all we know, but trying to use Billboard to hype the track would suggest some kind of upcoming GLOBAL launch for a relatively unknown DJ. It would be a very bizarre marketing strategy for someone who is 43, been working since the late 90s and still hasn't managed even a minor hit anywhere.

I agree with everything.

http://www.dmcworld.net/features/entry/features/sander-kleinenberg-2.html

I hope this puts an end to the debate once and for all.

"What is the current top 10 you are spinning?

1) 5K - We Are Superstars (Best record I've done in ages)"

​5K is his DJ alter ego, just as Stuart Price made remixes under several different names. There's an 5K remix of Katy Perry's Last Friday Night.

Moreover the interview also refers to Kleinenberg as "A true superstar in every sense of the word, what a summer in store for the big man" and it mentions the Superstar party series:

"Tuesday night sees you launch a very special residency at the all new Eden in Ibiza. How excited are you about Superstars?

“I’m very excited! It’s always great to have a team of people creating artwork and ideas for nights like these. We had the opening last night and I have got to say the club is a diamond. Great sound system - definitely one of the best on the island. I'm gonna fucking push this till it's the best. And the DJs I booked for the season are simply the hottest in the game round now. A.N.D.Y. ,Sharam Jay, Aeroplane, there is not a lot better. San Antonio will do itself a big favor to come round and party hard.”

The song was made to promote Superstars in Ibiza. Time to close the thread.

Edited by DanM

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the deal with Ibiza ? Is this the place to be or something ? Ronnie and Roxie are always talking about Ibiza on Eastenders. :laugh: Is it a dance/club major spot ?

That doesn't explain anything. That interview was posted on July 12, 2013 (see here). All articles on that site show today's date for some reason.

We already know that the song WAS his, but it didn't get any exposure so he's most likely sold it on... It's even got a tacky new title, replacing "ARE" with "R" (I wonder who would do that :wink:)

And the "[he's a] true superstar in every sense of the word" is just a play on the name of the Ibiza club night which closed last summer anyway.

That doesn't explain anything. That interview was posted on July 12, 2013 (see here). We know that the song WAS his, but it didn't get any exposure so he's most likely sold it on...

And the "[he's a] true superstar in every sense of the word" is just a play on the name of the Ibiza club night which closed last summer anyway.

So what. It's still more proof of it not being Madonna than being.

So he's finally releasing his song that he premiered at his own "we are superstars" club night last year. It was never released before under his 5K moniker and he's releasing it now. Not an altered version, not an instrumental, but the actual original track.

All this "he must have sold it on to Madonna " talk is just ridiculous conjecture on your part.

Oh and looks like it's a flop as well. YAY!

I haven't been following this whole charade all that closely, but if the track turned out to be by some unknown DJ, then what was "shape-shifting dance legend" referring to?

​5K is his DJ alter ego, just as Stuart Price made remixes under several different names. There's an 5K remix of Katy Perry's Last Friday Night.

Moreover the interview also refers to Kleinenberg as "A true superstar in every sense of the word, what a summer in store for the big man" and it mentions the Superstar party series:

"Tuesday night sees you launch a very special residency at the all new Eden in Ibiza. How excited are you about Superstars?

“I’m very excited! It’s always great to have a team of people creating artwork and ideas for nights like these. We had the opening last night and I have got to say the club is a diamond. Great sound system - definitely one of the best on the island. I'm gonna fucking push this till it's the best. And the DJs I booked for the season are simply the hottest in the game round now. A.N.D.Y. ,Sharam Jay, Aeroplane, there is not a lot better. San Antonio will do itself a big favor to come round and party hard.”

lol_anchorman.gif

What's great about all this is that it showed how people in general and not only fans are expecting something new from Madonna. The buzz this got is bonkers and not only in forums or blogs but also on webzines and profesional publications. They used Madonna to gain publicity but she got a big buzz out of it too.

Well there is the fact that people outside the Madonna community were fooled into thinking THAT crap was her musical output....which is annoying and will need to be dispelled by Madge producing something amazing and stellar.

All the buzz in madonna's community for a song promoting a party in Ibiza wtf!! and Eden is not even the best club, give me the space or pacha over Eden san antonio anytime... Full of drunk english girls & boys! btw I love england and english people, I just can't with the ones who get drunk and spend 1 week mainly in san antonio iarea!!!

I haven't been following this whole charade all that closely, but if the track turned out to be by some unknown DJ, then what was "shape-shifting dance legend" referring to?

Some think Billboard got fooled but I don't agree I think they know what it is.

That doesn't explain anything. That interview was posted on July 12, 2013 (see here). All articles on that site show today's date for some reason.

We already know that the song WAS his, but it didn't get any exposure so he's most likely sold it on... It's even got a tacky new title, replacing "ARE" with "R" (I wonder who would do that :wink:)

Thank god you are here. Everything you say makes total sense.

Great detective work!

But wouldn't he have deleted it if it's was sold on? And is that snippet still on Billboard site? Wouldn't they have taken it down if they were duped? Or probably Billboard trolled us all.