Mariah speaks about Madonna in new interview

Ugly Hecty

Madonna still held her own very well whilst Mariah was reigning from '93 through to '97. Erotica and it's singles did very well outside of the US as did The Girlie Show. Musically speaking we had some of the biggest hits of her career in I'll Remember, Secret and Take a Bow. Then further hits with You'll See, You Must Love Me and DCFMA. Once again outside of America Bedtime Story and Human Nature were very respectable top 5 and top 10 hit singles and the videos were all over MTV. Madonna could have had the same level of success as Mariah if she had chosen safer singles in '95 such as Don't Stop and Forbidden Love but for reasons we will never know she chose not to play it safe until Something to Remember was conceived and she made a very conscious effort to compete for the same market as Mariah. I'll never understand those decisions and I suppose we will never know but that said they were hits in my country and I'd never trade the videos for HN and BS as they very quickly became classics.

Madonna blew her right back out of the water in '98 and went from strength to strength whilst Mariah's career never really recovered except for briefly with The Emancipation of Mimi for a year there but once again Madonna was still going strong worldwide with Confessions.

Now who's laughing all the way to the bank! Never count Madonna out.

Wow. All these years later and some Madonna fans still don't get it. Go back and read your history books.

Pud Whacker, Free my Soul and Miss chelle = TRUTH SPEAKERS.

but for reasons we will never know she chose not to play it safe until Something to Remember was conceived and she made a very conscious effort to compete for the same market as Mariah.

I think she was warming the public up for taking her seriously as a singer for Evita.

Exactly Mariah has and never will have any cultural signifigance

You are so wrong!

Pariah is the first artist to have her CD single sold at 49 cents and that's an accomplishment.

Just go to google, type "49 cents cd single".

Loverboy will be on the first entry.

she's bipolar.

she refused mentioning her name in the beginning of the interview and then easily says Madonna. Im dazed and confused.

She shaded her..

"Madonna helped a lot the industry"

then goes on to say

"Beounce is a incredible singer and performer"

Mariah Carey was never bigger than Madonna. Madonna is cultural. Mariah is by the bucket.

Preach it !!!

And even commercially speaking overall Madonna destroys her. It was unchartered territory for a pop singer male or female to have 3 studio albums selling over 10m copies throughout their 40s. And in an era where the golden sales of the 70s/80s and 90s were rapidly dissolving

Add to that the fact that American radio practically abandoned Madonna post Music album due to age reason and it's nothing short of amazing. For someone who's built a career on trotting out chart stats and constantly gloates over it, Carey hasn't had a hit song worldwide since she was 35

mariah-madonna-style.jpg

madonna_John_Phillips_-_Copy.jpg?1282037

she's bipolar.

she refused mentioning her name in the beginning of the interview and then easily says Madonna. Im dazed and confused.

Constipation does that to you

She shaded her..

"Madonna helped a lot the industry"

then goes on to say

"Beounce is a incredible singer and performer"

She'll NEVER be nice to Madge.

FOX Life (2009 Italian Celebration promotion): In 1992 you came back with Erotica, the SEX book and Body Of Evidence, sales start plummeting and the media constantly attack you, looking back do you regret you didn't choose a more reassuring way to present yourself?

Madonna: Who do you think you're interviewing Mariah Carey or something? ....

(huge grin stamped on her face) :rotfl::rotfl:

00:36

FOX Life (2009 Italian Celebration promotion): In 1992 you came back with Erotica, the SEX book and Body Of Evidence, sales start plummeting and the media constantly attack you, looking back do you regret you didn't choose a more reassuring way to present yourself?

:madonna2:

MOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

M_MariahCareyDavidLetterman_050814.jpg?_

Me. It's Me. Me, Myself. Me. Recognize Me. Me. Me. Buy Me, I am Elusive. Buy My.

Record

MOO Me

me-i-am-mariah-carey-album-cover-billboa

Wow, that was amazing and so incredibly true

ChartOfTheDay_1404_Madonna_is_the_Worlds

I still don't understand how Glenn Beck earned so much damn money. Makes no sense to me.

I know most of you on here are probably asking, "Who is Glenn Beck?"

Exactly my point.

I still don't understand how Glenn Beck earned so much damn money. Makes no sense to me.

I know most of you on here are probably asking, "Who is Glenn Beck?"

Exactly my point.

Yes I had to google him :lol:

I am LIVING for the picture they used :rotfl::inlove:S&S 4EVER.

Me too! And they chose a pic from Sticky Part 2 which is even better than the 2008 run imo

She looked perfect in the summer of 2009

And I loved the little changes/additions in the show

Thinking about it, when Mariah came out on the scene in 1990 people my age were in the third grade

The irony of it all (in this particular thread) :rotfl:

ChartOfTheDay_1404_Madonna_is_the_Worlds

Mariah-Carey-Got-Fat-7.jpg

Why is Glitter considered a studio album for Mariah fans but I'm Breathless is considered a soundtrack album by some M fans. ????

Why is Glitter considered a studio album for Mariah fans but I'm Breathless is considered a soundtrack album by some M fans. ????

Mimi: "Glitter?! What Glitter?"

MOAIA booklet:

2e0o6z4.jpg

don-t-know-her-o.gif

She said something like "suddenly you think you're interviewing Mariah Carey" or somebody"? :) What did she mean by that, exactly, though?

I have to watch that later- I liked some of her comments. Love when M talks about being the revolutionary she was/is.